What a Baby Giraffe Teaches Us About Viral Campaigns
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published April 12, 2017
- Word count 787
5 Ways You Can Boost Your Business Exposure
Looking for your next big marketing campaign? Could your business use a brand exposure boost?
You may want to take a lesson from the Animal Adventure Park in New York.
April the Giraffe is close to giving birth any moment now. Millions worldwide have been captivated on YouTube, watching April the Giraffe's journey to giving birth (and yes, I’m guilty to admit I too am one of them!).
While following April’s progress from when the Adventure Park thought she was near her delivery date may have started to be a simple enough event, the world began to take notice and April’s pregnancy quickly went viral.
Interestingly, the live feed was installed to help the staff monitor her without needing to be in the barn 24-7. They thought it would be fun to make this feed available to the public at the same time.
Little did they know within days they would have millions of viewers watching April’s every move, anxious to not miss the big event.
In fact, if you read the comments on their Facebook page, you’ll see just how many are intently keeping tabs on the big girl and her mate Oliver in the pen next to her.
While being a daily follower (good thing I have 3 monitors so can always easily check in to see what she’s up to), the huge success of this campaign has me thinking about the lessons we business owners can learn about strengthening our brand identity using this unique case study.
So here’s 5 ways you too can build your business exposure as we examine a few tactics from April’s playbook:
- Live Video - Who can resist the thought of seeing a baby animal? Baby animals are a huge draw and April’s soon-to-be-born baby is no exception.
Having a live video allows people to feel they are a part of the experience. Aside from YouTube, Facebook LIVE, Instagram Stories and Snapchat all have a live feed ability. What can you share live that your followers would find of interest?
Remember people don't want to be marketed to; they want to be a part of something and be entertained. And once they become part of the story, they get addicted.
Live video is great marketing and an excellent way of building your brand reach.
- Sponsorship - Not only has the Animal Adventure Park gotten incredible visibility out of April the giraffe, but they also turned it into a revenue generating activity.
If you notice, Toys R Us is a sponsor for their video feed. That's an excellent fit considering their Geoffrey the Giraffe is the mascot of Toys R Us and kids love the zoo.
The Park set up a Go Fund Me Account and a page asking for other corporate sponsors who want to cash in on the exposure for their brand.
- Social Media – Twice a day, updates are added to the Park’s Facebook page giving their fans insider information about April’s progress.
Fans get to see close-up pictures and read about the latest vet reports of this mama Giraffe to be. This has been a very effective hook to boost Facebook likes for their business page.
- Custom Emoji - Emoji's have become a very popular part of pop culture and the Adventure Park capitalized on this by offering an April the Giraffe emoji to their fans.
Why not make your own emoji to create buzz for your own marketing campaign? Make it easy for fans to spread the news for you! Plus, emoji's are downright fun. Who can resist?
- Live Chats – Every night the Park staff enable the live chat feature on YouTube and respond to as many fans as possible. It literally is a zoo during these chats! Thousands show up to ask questions, make a donation to boost their question’s visibility, and be a part of the whole experience.
Facebook LIVE is a great tool to facilitate live chats. It provides an opportunity for you to showcase your expertise as well as your brand and offer a way for your followers to get to know, like and trust you more.
Launch Your Own Viral Campaign
Today's media has changed the way consumers interact with brands. Your potential customers are exposed to thousands of marketing messages every day.
No one wants to be sold to, but everyone wants to buy.
Which companies do they choose to shop with? The ones who create community, engagement, and an incredible brand experience just like how the Animal Adventure Park did.
So stick your neck out like April the Giraffe has and you'll give birth to greater sales and visibility for your business.
Susan Friesen is the founder of eVision Media, a boutique web development and Digital Marketing firm of over 15 years that specializes in designing, building and marketing professional, unique websites for entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations.
Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.ca and grab your FREE "Ultimate Guide to Improving Your Website's Profitability - 10 Critical Questions You Must Ask to Get Maximum Results".Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times