Eat Foods That Are Anti Inflammatory To Curb Arthritis
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published June 8, 2017
- Word count 605
Arthritis (joint pain and swelling) is a painful condition that plagues many people, over 50 million sufferers in the United States alone. Joint pain can present itself in many forms including osteoarthritis, rheumatoid (juvenile and adult), spondyloarthropathies (i.e., ankylosing spondylitis, Reiter's syndrome), Sjogren's syndrome, fibromyalgia, gout, lupus, infectious-type, and Kawasaki syndrome, all of which affect joint mobility.
At the root of all arthritis is inflammation which is accompanied by redness, stiffness, swelling and tenderness. Inflammation destroys the cartilage and tissues surrounding the joints. Many people rely solely on over-the-counter and prescription medication to control their arthritic symptoms, but find the side effects can sometimes be even more troublesome than the arthritis pain itself. There are other more natural treatment options, one of which relies on eating foods that are anti inflammatory, and eliminating those that promote inflammation.
Proper diet and nutrition is at the heart of health in general, but by eating a diet rich in foods that are anti inflammatory, one can better control their arthritis and other joint pain conditions. As with any diet, it is best to consult with your doctor before beginning, or even consult with a nutritionist who can tailor a meal plan to your specific nutritional needs.
Some of the foods that are anti inflammatory that may be recommended for you to eat include those containing sulfur, such as asparagus, eggs, garlic and onions. Sulfur aids in rebuilding bone, tissue and cartilage. There are so many delicious recipes containing these foods right at your fingertips on the internet.
Other inflammation-fighting foods include leafy greens, which are chock full of vitamin K, fresh veggies, non-acidic fruits, whole grains such as steel cut oats and quinoa, and omega 3 fish like salmon. Other fish that are anti inflammatory include mackerel, sardines, and anchovies. Why would you want to take a daily fish oil supplement when you can eat fresh, delicious fish instead? Avoid cooking it in unhealthy vegetable oils (corn, safflower), which have been linked to inflammatory response in the body, and instead use either coconut or extra-virgin olive oil.
Load up on the fresh vegetables like broccoli and cauliflower. Top your leafy green salads (spinach) with some walnuts or flax seeds for extra anti inflammatory, healing properties. Avoid tomatoes, potatoes, eggplants and bell peppers, all known to cause inflammation in the joints due to their high alkaloid content. While starchy white potatoes should be avoided, sweet potatoes on the other hand, are full of fiber and antioxidants that help fight inflammation. (That also means to put down the potato chips and French fries, both of which are highly processed and contain inflammation-inducing vegetable oils).
Speaking of antioxidants, blueberries are another of the foods that are anti inflammatory. Blueberries (and their side kicks strawberries, blackberries, cranberries and raspberries) contain loads of anti inflammatory antioxidants. Other specific fruits that have anti inflammatory properties include pineapple and papaya. Pineapple contains bromelain, an enzyme excellent in reducing bodily inflammation. Papaya is another anti inflammatory fruit. It is best to avoid all acidic fruits and those ridden with preservatives. Therefore, eating plenty of fresh fruits is always best.
There is an abundance of healthy foods that are anti inflammatory that you can get at your grocery store. Not only is it safer and more natural to eat these foods than to depend on chemical-laden medications, but it is also going to save you money in the long run as well as help to ease arthritis joint pain.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. Get more information from the free copy of my e-book to make better choices!
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- ProDentim: A Revolution in Oral Health?
- Cordyceps Gummies: Unlock Nature's Secret to Vitality
- Boost Your Confidence with Proven Male Enhancement Solutions
- Spices: From Ancient Treasures to Modern Wellness
- 12 Wonderful Advantages Of Eating Watermelon Seeds For Your Health
- The Importance of a Healthy Diet for Well-Being
- Can Vitamin B12 Help with Anxiety? A Comprehensive Exploration of this Essential Nutrient
- "Ilaria Lean Belly Juice: Embarking on a Wholesome Wellness Journey" ?
- The Keto Craze: Dive into Delicious Fat-Burning Magic!
- Sytropin HGH Spray: Ingredients, Benefits, and Possible Side Effects
- Unveiling the Power of The Best Supplements Online for Weight Loss
- Top 5 Nutritional Supplements for Accelerating Injury Healing
- Liv Pure Review: The Journey from Skepticism to Delight
- Provillus Hair Supplement For Women: Say Goodbye to Dry, Damaged, and Thinning Hair
- Promoting Men's Prostate Health with Prostacet Supplement
- The Compulsory Need to Monitor and Control Blood Sugar for Optimal Health
- Is feeling old getting old?
- Benefits of Taking Fish Oil
- The NAD+ Miracle: NMN's Breakthrough in Slowing Down Aging at 35+
- Fuel Your Workouts Naturally: Discover the Power of Stimulant-Free Pre-Workout
- The Ultimate Fitness Hack: Hit Your Goals Faster with Whey Protein Isolate
- Advice On Making Your Hair Your Crowning Glory!
- Natural HGH: The Secret Weapon of Elite Athletes and Bodybuilders Revealed
- Fortify Your Body: Embracing Éternel, the Ultimate Antioxidant Medicine
- The Comprehensive Guide to Sonic Electric Toothbrushes
- Organic Coffee vs. Regular Coffee: Does it Matter?
- Cabbage Juice Benefits for Optimal Health
- Embrace Calmness with Deep Relief CBD: A Product Review
- 5 Big Benefits of Juicing For Health - And The Science Behind It
- Unveiling the Benefits of Compression Socks: A Lifesaver for Varicose Veins, Edema, Circulatory Issues, and Neuropathy.