Hire a Handyman for Baby Proofing: Give a Safe Home to your Little One
- Author Christine Delongte
- Published September 13, 2017
- Word count 605
"Having a baby is one of the most wonderful things in your life, as well as the hardest thing in your life"
Are you going to welcome a small bundle of happiness in your life? As much as it is a beautiful feeling, a new born can change your life completely. Amidst all preparations, many parents forget to baby-proof the home or consider it only when they think that their kid is ready to crawl. But, you should not make the same mistake. Take help of an experienced handyman and transform your home from an injury prone zone to a safe haven for your baby.
Why hire a Handyman for Baby Proofing your Home?
As a parent, you will have to devote time towards finding an infant-care class, choosing a name, selecting a nursery color, buying a car seat and many other things. In the middle of hospital visits and selecting a stroller, baby proofing the home can take a backseat. Also, after a long day’s work, you may not have the energy to install childproof locks on the cabinets. To baby proof a home, you need to work with more than one aspect of your home. It makes sense to hire a handyman who will take care of each and every part of your home and make it child-friendly.
Hire a Handyman: Create a Safe Haven for your Baby
It’s off the Limits
Not every area of your home is safe for your child. A staircase and cleaning supplies cabinet are a nightmare for every parent. And, you need to keep your kids away from them. You can ask the handyman to install a safety gate to restrict your newborn from crawling up the staircase or through the doorway. Safeguard the fireplace with edge bumpers. Install lid locks on toilet lids to keep your baby away from injury.
Babies have the habit of putting anything and everything in their mouth. So, do not forget to add safety latches on all cabinets and drawers. Start with the cabinets that contain household products such as first-aid supplies, chemical cleaning supplies and craft items.
Keep Troubles away
Keeping your baby away from hazardous materials and making your home safer than before are two different things. You must install home security system, smoke alarms, fire extinguishers and carbon monoxide detectors to ensure maximum protection of your child. It is best to learn the safety procedures from the handyman to keep your family members protected.
You can think of window guards to prevent them from falling on your babies. Also, ask the handyman to cover furniture edges with bumpers and use wall anchors to secure heavy furniture.
Do not let the Sparks fly
Children are curious by nature and have a penchant for sticking fingers in open outlets. So, ask the handyman to cover unused electrical outlets with baby proofing outlet plugs. Use plugs that are difficult to remove or require the use of screws so that it isn’t easy for your kid to remove them.
Also, ask the handyman to check the electrical appliances of your home. Repair the ones that require maintenance. You can even consider updating electrical outlets with ground fault circuit interrupters (GFCIs) so that if the kid drops any of your appliances in the water, the electricity is turned off immediately.
Baby proofing your home is a safe way of welcoming your little bundle of joy. It may seem like an unnecessary task for you. But, once you hire a handyman to safeguard your home, you will have a peace of mind knowing that your baby will be happy and safe.
It is best to get in touch with Perfect Handyman for baby proofing your home. He will be able to finish the work in a day’s time whereas you may require a couple of days to do it. Work with the expert Toronto handyman for baby proofing home as well as other home improvement tasks such as furniture assembly, door and windows repair and wallpaper installation.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?