Foods That Cause Joint Pain You Should Avoid
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published September 27, 2017
- Word count 551
Today, millions of people are suffering from swollen and painful joints due to arthritis. This has mostly been due to eating more processed foods, added sugars, preservatives and saturated fats. Research has shown that joint pain caused by poor diet usually causes a condition referred to as gout.This condition mostly occurs when the uric acid level increases in the body.
Once the uric acid level increases in joints, it crystallizes and leaves deposits that lead to inflammation and eventually joint pain. Studies have shown that foods that cause joint pain are usually high in chemical compounds that lead to uric acid and toxic accumulation in joint tissues.
Some of the foods that cause joint pain and which you need to avoid include:
Research has shown that organ meat such as testicles, brains, livers, kidneys and hearts contain high levels of purines, a chemical compound that increases the production of uric acid.
- Fried Foods
Fried high-fat foods such as deep fried appetizers, donuts, French fries, fried chicken are foods that cause joint pain, especially to an individual who already has arthritis. This is because when such foods are eaten in excess, they can supply the body with saturated fat. The excess fat can put stress to the joints and at the same time amplify the risks of wear and tear to the cartilage supporting the joints. In addition, fat is not an inert substance. Instead, it is a substance that is metabolically active. This means that fat is capable of producing chemicals and hormones that will increase inflammation in tissues. Research has shown that instead of deep frying, it is advisable to prepare food by roasting, steaming or grilling.
- Sugar and Refined Starch
Refined carbohydrates have been shown to increase the levels of blood sugar. Increased blood sugar stimulates the production of high levels of insulin leading to an immune response. When a pro-inflammatory response occurs due to increased levels of insulin, a chronic inflammation occurs in joint tissues leading to joint pain.
- Foods High In Saturated Fats
Research has shown that foods that cause joint pain are high in saturated fats. The category of foods with saturated fat include those obtained from animal products such as poultry skin, pork and beef meat, regular cheese, whole milk, butter, ice cream, beef sausage, pepperoni, salami, bologna, and bacon. Saturated fats are shown to cause the accumulation of cholesterol in tissues which leads to formation of deposits in joints.
- Vegetables and Legumes
Research has shown that vegetables and legumes are also foods that cause joint pain. Such category of foods includes asparagus, spinach, peas, mushrooms, lentils and beans. Despite such foods being rich in vitamins and minerals, they are known to be high in purines, a chemical that increases the production of uric acid.
Although some of the foods that cause joint pain are known to be a good source of nutrients, it is important to strictly avoid them especially if you have a gout condition. In addition to eating a healthy diet that is non-inflammatory, it is important to exercise regularly so as to increase the elimination of uric acid through sweat.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. Get more information from the free copy of my e-book to make better choices!
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Great Guide To Having A Healthy Body
- 8 Benefits of CBD Oil and Its Uses
- What Is Leptin Resistance?
- What are the health benefits of CBD Oil?
- Healthy Diet Tips for Pregnancy
- How to get a well-defined muscle mass in a short time?
- What is the most effective weight loss diet over the long term?
- How to Prevent Gestational diabetes
- Pre-workout supplements
- Incredible Properties and Benefits of Chayote
- Full Spectrum Hemp Oil vs. Isolated: what is the difference?
- Blood and Guts Pre-Workout
- The Health Benefits of juicing
- The Healing Power of Currants
- The Fact About HGH Supplements
- 10 Wellness tips – this is how to stay healthy during winter
- Something to help you with your pre workout training!
- Marijuana-Cannabis-THC-CBD - Definitions and Slang
- Whey Protein: Benefits, Uses & Requirements
- How to benefit from Keto's revolutionary fat-loss diet plan
- Wild Antarctic Red Krill Fish Oil - Best Omega 3 Fish Supplement?
- How To Become A Fit Vegan
- Mass gainer - take your dose of energy
- Green Coffee Bean Health Benefits
- Don’t Eat These 3 Food Groups if You Have Arthritis
- How to Improve Your Metabolic Health with Omega-3 Fatty Acids
- Benefits of Probiotics
- How To Protect Yourself From Sickness & Disease
- Boost Your Brain Function And Improve Memory With Pearl Powder
- Digestive Problems In Usa And Its Cure