Foods That Cause Joint Pain You Should Avoid
- Author Josef Bichler
- Published September 27, 2017
- Word count 551
Today, millions of people are suffering from swollen and painful joints due to arthritis. This has mostly been due to eating more processed foods, added sugars, preservatives and saturated fats. Research has shown that joint pain caused by poor diet usually causes a condition referred to as gout.This condition mostly occurs when the uric acid level increases in the body.
Once the uric acid level increases in joints, it crystallizes and leaves deposits that lead to inflammation and eventually joint pain. Studies have shown that foods that cause joint pain are usually high in chemical compounds that lead to uric acid and toxic accumulation in joint tissues.
Some of the foods that cause joint pain and which you need to avoid include:
Research has shown that organ meat such as testicles, brains, livers, kidneys and hearts contain high levels of purines, a chemical compound that increases the production of uric acid.
- Fried Foods
Fried high-fat foods such as deep fried appetizers, donuts, French fries, fried chicken are foods that cause joint pain, especially to an individual who already has arthritis. This is because when such foods are eaten in excess, they can supply the body with saturated fat. The excess fat can put stress to the joints and at the same time amplify the risks of wear and tear to the cartilage supporting the joints. In addition, fat is not an inert substance. Instead, it is a substance that is metabolically active. This means that fat is capable of producing chemicals and hormones that will increase inflammation in tissues. Research has shown that instead of deep frying, it is advisable to prepare food by roasting, steaming or grilling.
- Sugar and Refined Starch
Refined carbohydrates have been shown to increase the levels of blood sugar. Increased blood sugar stimulates the production of high levels of insulin leading to an immune response. When a pro-inflammatory response occurs due to increased levels of insulin, a chronic inflammation occurs in joint tissues leading to joint pain.
- Foods High In Saturated Fats
Research has shown that foods that cause joint pain are high in saturated fats. The category of foods with saturated fat include those obtained from animal products such as poultry skin, pork and beef meat, regular cheese, whole milk, butter, ice cream, beef sausage, pepperoni, salami, bologna, and bacon. Saturated fats are shown to cause the accumulation of cholesterol in tissues which leads to formation of deposits in joints.
- Vegetables and Legumes
Research has shown that vegetables and legumes are also foods that cause joint pain. Such category of foods includes asparagus, spinach, peas, mushrooms, lentils and beans. Despite such foods being rich in vitamins and minerals, they are known to be high in purines, a chemical that increases the production of uric acid.
Although some of the foods that cause joint pain are known to be a good source of nutrients, it is important to strictly avoid them especially if you have a gout condition. In addition to eating a healthy diet that is non-inflammatory, it is important to exercise regularly so as to increase the elimination of uric acid through sweat.
The most important step to a healthier life is the change to a healthy diet. Get more information from the free copy of my e-book to make better choices!
My name is Josef Bichler. I have a passion for wellness and showing others how to live healthy lives. I have corrected my own health problems with the use of alternatives only and helping others to achieve their health objectives through lifestyle changes, detoxifying their body and through understanding the benefits of eating healthy. For more ongoing health information subscribe to my free weekly newsletter at www.healthythenaturalway.comArticle source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- ProDentim: A Revolution in Oral Health?
- Cordyceps Gummies: Unlock Nature's Secret to Vitality
- Boost Your Confidence with Proven Male Enhancement Solutions
- Spices: From Ancient Treasures to Modern Wellness
- 12 Wonderful Advantages Of Eating Watermelon Seeds For Your Health
- The Importance of a Healthy Diet for Well-Being
- Can Vitamin B12 Help with Anxiety? A Comprehensive Exploration of this Essential Nutrient
- "Ilaria Lean Belly Juice: Embarking on a Wholesome Wellness Journey" ?
- The Keto Craze: Dive into Delicious Fat-Burning Magic!
- Sytropin HGH Spray: Ingredients, Benefits, and Possible Side Effects
- Unveiling the Power of The Best Supplements Online for Weight Loss
- Top 5 Nutritional Supplements for Accelerating Injury Healing
- Liv Pure Review: The Journey from Skepticism to Delight
- Provillus Hair Supplement For Women: Say Goodbye to Dry, Damaged, and Thinning Hair
- Promoting Men's Prostate Health with Prostacet Supplement
- The Compulsory Need to Monitor and Control Blood Sugar for Optimal Health
- Is feeling old getting old?
- Benefits of Taking Fish Oil
- The NAD+ Miracle: NMN's Breakthrough in Slowing Down Aging at 35+
- Fuel Your Workouts Naturally: Discover the Power of Stimulant-Free Pre-Workout
- The Ultimate Fitness Hack: Hit Your Goals Faster with Whey Protein Isolate
- Advice On Making Your Hair Your Crowning Glory!
- Natural HGH: The Secret Weapon of Elite Athletes and Bodybuilders Revealed
- Fortify Your Body: Embracing Éternel, the Ultimate Antioxidant Medicine
- The Comprehensive Guide to Sonic Electric Toothbrushes
- Organic Coffee vs. Regular Coffee: Does it Matter?
- Cabbage Juice Benefits for Optimal Health
- Embrace Calmness with Deep Relief CBD: A Product Review
- 5 Big Benefits of Juicing For Health - And The Science Behind It
- Unveiling the Benefits of Compression Socks: A Lifesaver for Varicose Veins, Edema, Circulatory Issues, and Neuropathy.