Water Company Perth Advice: Be Aware of Water Intoxication
- Author Alan Scott
- Published October 31, 2017
- Word count 494
Hopefully, we all now understand the importance of hydration and the negative consequences of dehydration. That being said, it is possible to drink too much water, and the effects can be devastating for the unwary. This is commonly known as water intoxication, and it can affect the body in a number of different ways. Let’s take a closer look at this condition and offer some advice on how to avoid it.
Before We Begin:
Water intoxication is known as hyponatremia amongst the medical profession. As devastating as the effects could be, it’s important to realise that this is a very rare occurrence. The status quo is usually a lack of sufficient hydration, and most people could definitely benefit from drinking more and not less water. We will take a look at some symptoms of water intoxication later, and if you have any concerns, you should consult a medical professional.
What is Water Intoxication?
We need water for our health and well being; this is especially true for the organs in our bodies. As an example: our kidneys are responsible for balancing the electrolytes and fluids in our bodies. The electrolyte in question here is sodium. When too much water is drunk, the concentration of sodium in our blood is lowered, and water intoxication occurs. The liquid being drunk is moved from the blood into cells in your body, causing swelling and inflammation. This can cause a number of different health issues in your body.
How Does Water Intoxication Occur?
The time frame rather than the quantities of water drunk is the primary determining factor in water intoxication. When large quantities of water are drunk in a very short period of time water intoxication can be a very real danger. Those at particular risk are athletes undergoing endurance activities and they water intake must be carefully monitored. The loss of sodium via perspiration can speed the process of water intoxication up, and many long distance runners have crashed with low blood sodium levels.
Five Common Water Intoxication Symptoms:
There are five main water intoxication symptoms to be aware of, they are:
Slurred Speech: those suffering from water intoxication may sound drunk.
Disorientation: this is a sign that the brain is being affected.
Extreme Fatigue: restlessness, cramps, and weakness when exercising.
Nausea: the stomach may bloat, as it cannot hold the excess water.
Brain Swelling: this can lead to seizures, cardiac arrest and have fatal consequences in rare cases.
If they are looking for locally sourced high quality spring water, Australia based residents should contact us. At Aussie Natural we offer a wide selection of water products to suit both domestic and commercial needs. We are a spring water company that sources our water from local springs here in Perth. Our water is healthy and delicious, and we can deliver direct to your door for added convenience. If you have any further questions, our sales team is standing by to answer them for you.
As with any essential purchase, it pays to do a very little analysis into the Water suppliers Perth and Natural Spring Water Perth. By verifying their sticking to high-quality standards, you can easily enjoy your drinking water in the officeArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What do economic crises teach us?
- Who Will We Hire After the Wildfire?
- What Are Cardiovascular Endurance Sports? 5 Examples Provided
- 5 homemade yogurt issues and easy solutions:
- Travel to Singapore
- Climate change, what we can do to reduce effects of global warming
- Pet-Friendly Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
- How to find windshields for your European vintage/classic car
- 4 Creative Ways To Enjoy Your Kitchen
- Do You Really Know About Bisexuality? – Break the Rumors
- Will Remote Working Become the Norm after COVID-19?
- 3 Crucial Elements for Successful Facebook Ads Campaign
- Collateralizing and Resolving America’s 2020 Economic Crisis!
- Hair packaging boxes Available in All Sizes & Shapes
- Types of Fencing for Your Farm
- Will Power Washing Kill Plants?
- How Porta-Potties Help the Environment
- Why use SEO for Your Business?
- Restoring Faded Gutters 101
- Gutter Repair Tips
- How to Mount a TV Safely
- Commercial Lot Clearing Explained
- What to Look for in Shingle Roofing
- Fence Painting 101
- Cleaning a Window by Power Washing
- Barbed Wire Fencing Explained
- Method Used to Grout Tile
- Reasons to Buy a Vinyl Fence-Quality, Durability, Lifespan
- The Various Grades of Vinyl Fencing-Consumer and Professional
- Keeping your dog's nails quite short is significant for their smooth mobility.