Combining Online and Offline Marketing to Build Business Credibility
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published November 25, 2017
- Word count 961
How to earn new clients for your small business with these brand-boosting suggestions
I hope you enjoyed our recent series of articles and videos focused on what you can do to build your client roster for your business.
New clients are essential to the success of any business so make sure you keep up consistent efforts to draw in new leads you can then turn into paying clients. To quickly recap:
Have you taken the steps to define your ideal client yet? It’s important to have a plan before setting off on a journey.
Ideal clients are just that: ideal. The more of them you have, the less stress you have in keeping any toxic clients who may be more trouble than they’re worth.
Make your presence known
Content marketing, email marketing, and social media marketing all work together when planned properly. Before you start any guess work at how to go about marketing your business online remember our tips on the value of planning it all out right and hiring a professional to get it done properly.
This article talked about the value of organic and paid marketing to drive website traffic in droves and the cost of messy DIY attempts at online marketing.
The importance of referrals
Referral business is a great way to generate leads. The leads are better and the fact that you’re coming by way of a reference goes a long way to securing the client.
We looked at 4 ways to earn referrals so that you can feel more comfortable when approaching existing contacts for referrals.
Offline Marketing is Still Essential
A lot of what we focus on at eVision Media is specific to online efforts. That is essentially because we specialize in professional website development, social media marketing, and search engine optimization.
Your business success can rely on not only online marketing strategies and tactics, but also offline efforts. So remember to keep up some hard and true staples to keep the leads coming in.
Here’s some suggestions to infuse into your overall marketing pie:
• Event or Tradeshow Sponsorship
Sponsoring an event or a tradeshow is a great way to get your business in front of key decision makers within your industry or business sector. Our success with the Abbotsford Chamber of Commerce in 2016 was not only great for getting our name in front of local businesses over having won a Business Excellence award but the sponsor of our award, Blackwood Building Centre Ltd., also received a lot of recognition.
• Contests Offering Merchandise
Holding a contest is a great way get word out about your business. Watch out for serial contest entrants (yes people have side jobs entering contests all day) and take the construct of the contest seriously. Look for loopholes that could be exploited and carefully plan your contest so it targets your ideal clients.
Offering free samples or credit as a reward is great when you focus on those who need what you have or do. You may get less entries but it’s better to get 10 qualified entries than 1000 entries from people who are really only after a freebie.
• Radio Advertising
Radio ads are still a good tool especially if you deal locally. Many stations are eager to support local businesses so try reaching out to your local radio stations. The cost might be a lot better than you expect!
• Newspaper Mentions
These are great for getting eyes on your business. It’s even better if the newspaper has an online equivalent that publishes the article.
If you are able to get your name in a newspaper editorial and the author is willing to link to your site, then you’re not only getting some amazing exposure but because of the link, you are also telling Google that your website has more value.
Journalists have trust placed in them by their readers so if you can get someone to feature your business in an article you should definitely do it.
*Bonus Pro Tip – if you have key phrases drafted and website pages with them sending the right on-site ranking signals, then try asking the article author to link to your business with an actual term you’re trying to rank for.
Never underestimate the power of good networking for your business. Getting yourself out there at events, trade shows, or anywhere else you can find your target audience is a great idea.
Not all events cost money and even if you don’t make a connection you can still have a good time!
Some other quick ideas to boost your brand exposure include:
• Sending postcards to past or prospective clients
• Posting flyers, sending mailers or distributing door hangers
• Goodie bag and door donations at events where your target market will be in attendance
• Even get your car wrapped with your brand messaging!
These methods are good on their own and together they result in you building your credibility and getting more exposure in front of your ideal target market.
The value of credibility is immeasurable for business success and the cost of not having any clients know, like, or trust you is equivalently high.
Understandably, a lot of these tips seem great but are often tough to execute. If you’re having trouble building your client base or simply want some more help on any of the topics covered here, please get in touch.
We don’t give away all this advice for free without reason. At eVision Media we are always looking for great people to work with and when you review our posts, remember that before we started them we defined our ideal client hoping to find you, so we can work together towards your business goals and overall success.
Susan Friesen is the founder of eVision Media, a boutique web development and Digital Marketing firm of over 15 years that specializes in designing, building and marketing professional, unique websites for entrepreneurs, businesses and organizations.
Visit www.ultimatewebsiteguide.ca and grab your FREE "Ultimate Guide to Improving Your Website's Profitability - 10 Critical Questions You Must Ask to Get Maximum Results"Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What is Social Feedback Cycle and how does it work?
- Leverage the Power of Social Media Effectively
- What are the Marketing strategies for Grand Opening?
- 12 Social Media Marketing Misconceptions to Understand
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- What is Social Entrepreneurship? Why is it important to have Social Entrepreneurs?
- How to make a Marketing plan?
- 4 Classic Marketing Communication Mistakes to Avoid
- What Marketing Mistakes do Companies Make?
- Is Sedex a Sustainability certification
- How to create a powerful marketing message?
- How to make a Marketing strategy?
- What are the rules of Marketing?
- Flyer Printing Tips - Getting Your Flyers Printed At the Right Price
- Digital Marketing 101: Tips For Starting Your First Digital Marketing Campaign
- Web Design Budget - Deciding How Much to Spend on your Website
- Designing Your Own Website Vs. Hiring A Professional To Do It
- How to Find the Best Web Designer In Your Area?
- Benefits Of Listing Your Business On Local Business Directories
- Measuring Results With Your SEO Company: How To Know If They're Doing A Good Job
- How are RWA Activities beneficial?
- Ways to Use Micro-influencers to Gain More Customers
- Why Working With A Local Printer Is So Good For Your Business
- Things Businesses Must Consider Before Moving Their Workflows to LinkedIn Sales Automation
- How To Promote Your Band As A Brand
- Grow your account and make lots of passive income on Instagram!!!
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software