Video Games Are Great Interpersonal Communication Tools
- Author Luis Almeida
- Published January 4, 2018
- Word count 389
There is a large body of literature out there indicating that video games are bad for you and your kids. I don't buy into this false propaganda because there is so much more to video game playing than increased aggression, poor school performance and screen addiction. When played in moderation and with a purpose, video games can be wonderful tools for social interaction. It can be used as a tool to encourage interpersonal communication and bonding.
In our household, I am not allowed to play Mario Brothers by myself! Why? Because my wife enjoys a great interpersonal chat after work with me during our game playing. We have found that playing video games, like Mario Brothers or Donkey Kong, makes us less stressed, more focused, and definitely chatty and close! We play video games to keep our conversation up to date and our relationship strong. We have never felt addicted to video games. How do we know? Because we don't go into withdrawal after playing video games.
We don't feel more violent after playing video games, either. We might get "passionate" during the game but anger... No. Well, the former shouldn't come as a surprise because of the concept of catharsis, or what Webster's dictionary defines as -- the process of releasing, and thereby providing relief from, strong or repressed emotions. We definitely release our emotions when playing video games at night! By playing and conversing.
So, next time anybody tells you that you can't play video games because it will make you more violent, you reply back, no it won't. Video games are great for relationship building and communication. As long as it is played in moderation, I see no issues with having a great night of playing video games with your spouse or friends on a Friday evening. Video games can break the barriers of communication apprehension and perhaps make Friday so much more enjoyable, especially if you choose to spend quality screen time with your girlfriend or boyfriend.
I always look forward to playing video games with my wife at night. It can be quite therapeutic and an excellent way to engage in interpersonal communications with your mate and buddies. John Lennon once said, "give peace a chance." I would rather say, "Give video games a chance." I don't think you are going to regret it.
If you want to book Dr. Luis C. Almeida (a.k.a, Dr. A) as a keynote speaker or consultant, please visit his website and look for the contact page. Why complicate if you can simplify? Dr. A makes the complex easy -- Do it now!
Website --> https://luiscalmeida.info/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- 10 Open Datasets for Linear Regression
- Top 10 Stock Market Datasets for Machine Learning
- Best Image Annotation Tools for Computer Vision
- What To Know About iPad Screen Repair
- Robotic process automation (RPA)
- 10 Best Data Annotation Companies for Machine Learning
- 11 Best Named Entity Recognition Tools
- How ADN Helps Crypto Funding Evolve
- The Future of Data Analytics: 5 Predictions for Where We Are Headed
- 10 Data Analytics Terms Every Beginner Should Know
- ADN Coin: Benefits of Holding Our Coin
- Five Benefits of CCTV Cameras That Go Beyond Video Recording
- How to choose your tablet?
- There Is A Lot To Consider When Setting Up A Private Medical Practice
- How Blockchain can Help fight Climate Change and Save the Environment
- Top 20 Twitter Datasets for Natural Language Processing and Machine Learning
- Best Data Labeling Tools for Machine Learning Projects
- What is the Difference Between CNN and RNN?
- Get Machine Learning Training Data Using The Lionbridge Method [A How-To Guide]
- What are Image Annotation Services?
- 10 Best Text Annotation Services and Tools
- Do More with a Creative Photo Editor with Facial Recognition
- An overview of Cloud 3d Print’s objectives
- Inside Luxatia 4th World eSIM summit
- 25 Open Datasets for Data Science Projects
- Implement full support for NTFS file systems on Mac
- How Virtual Reality Augmented Reality Change the Gaming Industry
- Why You Must Be Making Use Of a Drawing Tablet
- 5 Computer Vision Companies to Follow in 2020