5 Keys to a Winning Website Content Strategy
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published March 5, 2018
- Word count 572
Getting qualified visitors to your website is like the holy grail of online marketing. And once they are there you want to keep them there.
Having content that is relevant, engaging and compelling is key to keeping visitors on your website. But how do you do that?
Here are five ways to crafting attention-grabbing content your visitors can't resist.
- Less is More
On your home page, visitors want to know immediately who you are, what you do, how you help them, and why they should choose you.
Choosing the right words for this really matters. You want emotionally engaging text and images that are benefit rich, command attention, stirs curiosity, and leads them to action.
Craft powerful headlines.
Write in short sentences.
Keep it simple.
Professional copywriters can help you express your message in a powerful way so your visitors will immediately know they are in the right place.
- Keyword Rich
Write for your audience but also keep search engines in mind. Do research to see what top keyword phrases your target market audience uses to find the kinds of services or products you offer.
Without "stuffing", incorporate these keywords in the text of your website copy. Not only will be you be speaking the language of your audience, but you will rank better in the search results as well.
- Build Trust
People want to do business with those who are professional, reliable, and get proven results. Don't give them a reason to doubt you.
Ensure you have these bases covered:
• Carefully proofread your website for spelling and grammar errors
• Check all links to ensure they all function properly
• Add testimonials from happy clients
• Reveal the results you have created for others
• Demonstrate your thought leadership and competitive advantages.
- Easy to Scan
Busy visitors won't read your website word for word. It's really important to make sure the highlights of your message can be gleaned from a quick glance down the page.
This means using brand-coordinated colour headings that are bolded with a larger font as well as a different font face to help guide your visitor’s eyes down the page.
Use bullet points (but not too many) and call-out boxes to call attention to key points. Add relevant photos and graphics to draw the eye in and add interest. Also make use of white space.
- Calls to Action
Every page should be designed and written with a logical call to action you'd like them to take. Aside from having a link or button at the bottom of each page that directs the reader to their next step, here’s some other suggestions:
• Offer a relevant free giveaway that can capture their contact information that will enable you to build the know, like and trust factor with your audience
• Display your phone number in a prominent place to further enhance the trust factor
• Offer a free consultation
• Feature a coupon or special offer.
If your website isn’t converting visitors into leads or sales, incorporate these tips to help you leverage your website as a powerful way to connect with prospects. Simple tweaks can make a big different in the results you achieve and with conversion.
And if you do have many of these tips in place but your website is still performing poorly, then it’s time to talk to a website professional who can do a site analysis and uncover other problems you may not be aware are happening.
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media.
If you are new to Social Media and online marketing or find it overwhelming and confusing, my monthly group coaching program, AMPLIFY! Business Academy http://amplifybusinessacademy.com/ is a perfect way for you to incrementally learn the best strategies and tactics to help you grow your business online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?