How to Switch Gas and Electricity Suppliers
- Author Shea Karssing
- Published March 31, 2018
- Word count 327
Want to know how to switch gas and electricity suppliers? You’re not alone… According to industry figures, over 666 000 UK customers switched their supplier in February this year, a record-breaking increase of 60% from February 2017.
This means that over a million customers have switched energy suppliers this year. Why the sudden switching? Possible reasons include:
● The cold weather during this time
● Recent publicity campaigns
● Government plans legislation to cap standard variable tariffs before the next winter
● The increasing competitiveness of the market (20% of February’s switches saw people moving away from the ‘Big Six’ energy firms to smaller suppliers
● It’s becoming easier to switch (according to the voluntary Energy Switch Guarantee initiative, nine out of ten customers are happy with the switching process)
Your business can save up to 40% on its gas and electricity tariffs. Here’s how to switch gas and electricity suppliers and save.
How to switch gas and electricity supplier
Check if your business is within its contract renewal window period.
Go online, phone, or shop around to get business energy quotes from suppliers.
Compare these business energy quotes and assess which best suits your business’ needs. Remember to include the standing charge in your comparison.
Apply for the new gas and electricity tariff with the new supplier.
Lety your current supplier know that you will be switching business energy contracts.
The switch will take effect once your current business energy contract has ended.
All you’ll need to get a quote is:
● Your current energy bill (to check your current tariffs and average monthly consumption)
● Business size and type (you may be eligible for VAT and CLL discounts)
● Your postcode
● Gas and Electricity supply numbers
Tops tip on how to switch gas and electricity suppliers
● You can be placed into a new contract 120 days before the end of your current one, but bear in mind that it can take 28 days to process the change - don’t leave it until the last minute.
How to switch gas and electricity suppliers the simple way
Aside from cost-savings through switching suppliers, Smarter Business can also provide full energy efficiency audits which identify areas of energy usage and reduction to drive down costs and reduce carbon emissions. Contact an energy expert today: https://smarterbusiness.co.uk/contact-us/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Clean Blinds the Best and Easiest Way
- How to Repair a Toilet
- Benefits of Using Blinds and Shutters for Windows
- Important Things To Know About Garage Door Opener Installation
- Do I need to flip my mattress?
- Why You Should Use an Epoxy Garage Floor Coating
- Top 10 Kitchen Cabinet Door Trends in 2020
- 10 Myths About Bedbugs
- The Story Of The Granite That Is Used For Your Worktops
- Push Lawn Mowers - All Yo need to know
- Major Considerations for Liquid Floor Screed
- The Benefits of Using Tiles in Your Home
- Air Duct Cleaning and Disinfecting Reviews
- Where Does All This Dust In My House Come From?
- Is a Portable Solar Battery Generator Right for Your Next Purchase?
- There Are Many Ways To Update Your Kitchen In Hertford
- Choosing the Right Floor for Your Next Home
- Various Benefits of Sealants and Adhesives as Correctional Materials
- How a Home Can Promote Longevity through the Principles of Wellness Design
- An Effective Guidance before You Install Insulation for Your Home
- Tips for choosing good cheap removalists interstate Melbourne
- Why Choose Resin For Your Driveway?
- Essential Things to Note When Searching for Concrete Restoration Services in Palm Beach
- How LED Lights Benefit Senior Citizens’ Health
- How to move your house
- What Is a Registered Electrician and Do I Need One?
- Why Sealants and Adhesives are Important Correctional Resources?
- Make A New Year Resolution To Refit Your Kitchen, And Make Certain You Do It
- Making Every House a Home
- Should I Use Liquid Screed For My Next Floor Installation?