5 Ways to Help Manage Lower Back Pain
- Author Angela Genie
- Published May 25, 2018
- Word count 559
Many conditions can lead to lower back pain. Among all the back pains it is the most common one. We suffer from lower back pain at some point in our life. Many issues can cause lower back pain. It can be caused by lifting a heavy object or due to twisting your
back. There are several ways to treat the lower back pain. Before visiting any specialist, you can try some simple methods to manage it.
There are several ways by which you start treating it at home. You can make some healthy habits to prevent it from occurring. Also, you can try some home remedies to alleviate the existing pain.
- Heat and cold therapy
Applying ice within 48 hours of injury is good for relieving pain. don’t apply ice directly on the skin. Use an ice pad and wrap it with a cloth to apply to the injured area. Ice reduces inflammation and swelling. After 48 hours apply heat therapy. Use a hot water pad to apply heat. Again, don’t apply it directly. Wrap the heat pad with a cloth and apply to the injured area. You can also use a warm cloth to apply heat. Set the iron in low heat and press the cloth. Then use the cloth to apply heat to the injured area. Giving heat to the muscles increase blood flow to the muscles and allow it to relax.
- Move your body
Don’t spend long hours in bed or in any sitting arrangement. It may seem that sleeping for long hours is helping you to get rid of pain, but it will have a negative effect in the long-run. If you have to sit for long hours, try taking breaks. Move around a little. Try performing activities that require your body to move such as cycling, swimming, etc.
- Stay strong
A workout can make your muscles strong and thus ease your back pain. Do workouts that are focused on your lower back. Try to stretch your lower back, make it work. Working out will increase the blood flow to the muscles. You can also make your abdominal muscles to work. a strong abdomen will give good support to the back. Also, certain yoga postures can help you to keep your spine aligned. Keeping your spine aligned will give you relief from the discomfort of back pain.
- Quit smoking
Smoking has its own health-related issues. A recent study has shown that smokers are more likely to suffer from lower back pain compared to non-smokers. Also, smoking increases the risk of having osteoporosis.
- Work in an ergonomically designed workplace
Your workplace should be designed ergonomically so that you can maximize your productivity and prevent discomfort. Your computer should be kept at a comfortable distance from you so that you don’t need hunch while using it. Your chair should provide enough support to your back. Your feet should touch the floor comfortably while you are sitting. Avoid sitting for too long at a time. Take 5 minutes break at hourly intervals. If you suffer from severe back pain after working for a whole day try some doing some
yoga or try doing stretching exercises.
These are the best ways by which you can manage your back pain. Try out following these 5 simple techniques. You would not need to visit any specialist to treat your back pain.
Want to relieve your back pain at home? You should use a good recliner chair which holds your spine perfectly and relieves your back pain. Recliner Genie shares helpful information about recliner and back pain.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- A Look at the Health Benefits of Himalayan Salt
- The Pros and Cons in a Sugar Daddy Dating Relationship
- Tips on Running Your Own E-commerce Website
- Blueberries Are Full of Health Benefits
- Bailex Felix - Top Spa Resort in Romania
- 5 Powerful Ways To Raise Your Online Profile
- Do you really want to lose weight now?
- 5 Reasons Why Online Marketing Is Flourishing (And How You Can Use It In Your Business)
- 5 Underrated Animations That Deserve More Attention
- For BBW Admirers: How to Choose the Right BBW Dating Apps
- Are garage conversions the answer to the housing crisis?
- Cool Food carbon reduction project wins European REGIOSTARS 2020 Award
- List Out The 5 Benefits of CCTV Cameras
- The Multimillionaire Mindset That Leads to Financial Success
- Charity: The Greatest Money-making Secret
- How Bill Gates made Microsoft a huge Business Success
- How Steve Jobs made Apple a huge Business Success
- How John D Rockefeller became the Richest Person in Modern History Via Business
- Credit Monitoring Will Save Your Credit
- 5 Quick Tips to Resolve POGO Games Not working and Sign in issue
- Best Leather Jacket mens
- Winter Proposals Reach Record High Due To Lockdown
- 3 Methods Financial Companies Use to Get New Clients
- Useful Tips To Paint Your Kid’s Bedroom – A Knowledge Base
- Is it true that if you stop eating sugar, you will lose fat rapidly?
- Thought The Law That Holds All Matter Together Law of Attraction At Work
- Not all charging cables are Equal . . . my near nightmare at LaGuardia
- Disinfecting in the New Normal
- Protecting Your Children from Identity Theft
- What is Cryptocurrency in Simple Words 2021