How to Create the Best Company Newsletter
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published July 29, 2018
- Word count 497
4 Strategies to Crafting Effective Digital Newsletters for Your Business
For many business owners, crafting company newsletters that people actually read and get sales or leads isn’t easy.
Because of this (and other reasons too) many avoid creating and sending out digital newsletters at all. However, it’s essential to put in the time and effort to positively impact your readers.
Why? Because when you send an email newsletter you’re communicating with your existing customers and potential new ones. This keeps you top of mind for them, increasing your chances of positive purchase decisions in your favour.
You have a limited time to capture your audience’s attention, so you need to make it count.
Let’s start with four strategies that can help you create the best digital newsletters for your business:
- Start off with a great subject line
This is the first thing your readers see, so make it count. People are busy, and if you don’t hook them with your subject line, they’ll ignore your email or even worse – hit that Unsubscribe button.
Make your subject line snappy and specific. Instead of "Sale on today", how about "Huge savings on summer gear – today only."
Get creative and your company newsletter will likely see an increase in more open rates.
- Add value to your customers’ lives
The best digital newsletters provide value. People don’t want to see an email cluttered with promotions about your business or to see the same deals week after week.
Instead think about what problems your customers face. How can you solve them? How will your product or service benefit them?
Maybe your company newsletter this week has a blog post with a clear solution to a common issue your clients experience. Or maybe it’s highlighting how your product will save them time and money.
- Keep it short, sweet and scannable
One of the biggest mistakes businesses make is sending out lengthy company newsletters. People don’t want to read an entire blog post in an email, for example.
Many of your readers will be viewing your newsletter on their smartphone so make your content easy to skim with clear sections and bold headlines.
Break up longer content into bullet points and use links to direct people to your website.
- Have a straightforward call to action
Make it obvious what you want your readers to do. Is it to read your latest blog post? Buy something? Sign up for your free webinar?
Your CTA (Call to Action) copy is what’s going to convince your readers to take action – or not. Pique their curiosity or add some urgency to compel them to click.
Make sure the link goes to an uncluttered page that lets them complete whatever action you invited them to take.
Writing a consistent newsletter does take commitment, but it’s worth it. If you need help, let me know! We help many clients with the writing, composing and sending out of their newsletters.
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media, is a Web Specialist, Business & Marketing Consultant. If you are new to Social Media and online marketing or find it overwhelming and confusing, my monthly group coaching program, AMPLIFY! Business Academy http://amplifybusinessacademy.com/ is a perfect way for you to incrementally learn the best strategies and tactics to help you grow your business online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?