Does My Product Need EAC Certification to Sell in the Eurasian Union?
- Author Allen Lowder
- Published August 10, 2018
- Word count 504
Many products, but not all, that are sold in the Eurasian Economic Union require Eurasian Conformity certification, or EAC.
This certification, displayed on products with the EAC mark, demonstrates that a product meets the technical requirements set by the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). This mark is required for many types of products to enter Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan.
Types of Products That Need EAC Certification
The following types of products must be evaluated and certified as EAC compliant before being sold in EAC member countries:
●Equipment designed for use in explosive atmospheres
●Equipment that operates using gaseous fuels
●Electromagnetic (EMC) devices
●Fire safety and fire extinguishing systems
●Food, including meat, milk, grain, juice, oil, fish, and fat products
●Food additives and flavor enhancers
●Hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment
●Low voltage equipment
●Lubricants, oils, and special fluids
●Perfume and cosmetics
●Personal protective equipment
●Products for children and teenagers
●Vehicles and trailers used for agricultural or forestry operations
Depending on the applicable technical regulations and the product itself, there are two ways to demonstrate compliance: a Declaration of Conformity and a Certificate of Conformity. A Certificate of Conformity is issued by an independent certification body, while a Declaration of Conformity can be made by the importer, manufacturer, or authorized representative.
Products may undergo voluntary EAC certification if they do not fall into a mandatory certification category. This is not a substitute for mandatory EAC certification, but rather a way to demonstrate compliance with basic technical and safety regulations for the market.
In other cases, the product may not need EAC certification. If this is the case, manufacturers can work with compliance professionals and EAEU officials to prove the exemption and bypass the certification process.
Standards and Regulations for the EAC Mark
One key regulation for EAC certification is the the Technical Regulation (TR) on Safety of Packaging (TR CU 005/2011). This regulation sets certain requirements for product packaging, including packaging as a standalone product, food packaging, and packaging used with non-food products. TR CE 005/2011 includes standards for information on food labels (in Russian, Kazakh, and Belarusian), packaging closures, instructions for safe use, and so on.
Technical regulations are created and updated over time, and it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to conform to the appropriate standard—or standards—for EAC certification. Items that fall into multiple product categories may be required to meet multiple sets of regulations, so it is important to match each product with the right standards before starting the certification process.
The list above is not an all-inclusive list of products that require EAC certification, so be sure to consult a compliance professional before deciding whether or not to start the certification process. If your product does not require EAC certification, a compliance professional can help you document your exemption and get your product to market faster.
G&M Compliance can help you evaluate your product and meet key requirements, helping you enter new markets quicker and easier. Our compliance professionals will work with you.
For more information, please visit us at: https://www.gmcompliance.com/certification/international/russiagostcu/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors
- Upgrade your home with HWisel’s independent EV charging system - HWisel
- How Does Medical Coding Work? What Does a Medical Coder Do?
- Unique Strategies Today’s Top Medical Organizations Use to Maximize Revenue
- Educational Translation – Tricks Of The Trade
- Energy-Efficient Commercial Roofing System
- Killing Germs with Powerful, yet Safe Chlorine Dioxide
- DizB Reviews - Does DizB Get TikTok Followers?
- Top 6 Reasons to Use Professional Translation Services
- Point Of Sale System