Does My Product Need EAC Certification to Sell in the Eurasian Union?

BusinessSales / Service

  • Author Allen Lowder
  • Published August 10, 2018
  • Word count 504

Many products, but not all, that are sold in the Eurasian Economic Union require Eurasian Conformity certification, or EAC.

This certification, displayed on products with the EAC mark, demonstrates that a product meets the technical requirements set by the Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU). This mark is required for many types of products to enter Russia, Armenia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, and Kyrgyzstan.

Types of Products That Need EAC Certification

The following types of products must be evaluated and certified as EAC compliant before being sold in EAC member countries:



●Equipment designed for use in explosive atmospheres

●Equipment that operates using gaseous fuels


●Electromagnetic (EMC) devices


●Fire safety and fire extinguishing systems

●Food, including meat, milk, grain, juice, oil, fish, and fat products

●Food additives and flavor enhancers


●Gaseous fuels

●Hazardous substances in electrical and electronic equipment

●High-speed trains


●Low voltage equipment

●Lubricants, oils, and special fluids


●Mineral fertilizer

●Motor fuel


●Packaging materials

●Perfume and cosmetics

●Personal protective equipment

●Playground equipment

●Pressure equipment

●Products for children and teenagers

●Rail vehicles

●Railway infrastructure

●Small ships

●Tobacco products


●Vehicles and trailers used for agricultural or forestry operations

●Wheeled vehicles

Depending on the applicable technical regulations and the product itself, there are two ways to demonstrate compliance: a Declaration of Conformity and a Certificate of Conformity. A Certificate of Conformity is issued by an independent certification body, while a Declaration of Conformity can be made by the importer, manufacturer, or authorized representative.

Products may undergo voluntary EAC certification if they do not fall into a mandatory certification category. This is not a substitute for mandatory EAC certification, but rather a way to demonstrate compliance with basic technical and safety regulations for the market.

In other cases, the product may not need EAC certification. If this is the case, manufacturers can work with compliance professionals and EAEU officials to prove the exemption and bypass the certification process.

Standards and Regulations for the EAC Mark

One key regulation for EAC certification is the the Technical Regulation (TR) on Safety of Packaging (TR CU 005/2011). This regulation sets certain requirements for product packaging, including packaging as a standalone product, food packaging, and packaging used with non-food products. TR CE 005/2011 includes standards for information on food labels (in Russian, Kazakh, and Belarusian), packaging closures, instructions for safe use, and so on.

Technical regulations are created and updated over time, and it is the manufacturer’s responsibility to conform to the appropriate standard—or standards—for EAC certification. Items that fall into multiple product categories may be required to meet multiple sets of regulations, so it is important to match each product with the right standards before starting the certification process.

The list above is not an all-inclusive list of products that require EAC certification, so be sure to consult a compliance professional before deciding whether or not to start the certification process. If your product does not require EAC certification, a compliance professional can help you document your exemption and get your product to market faster.

G&M Compliance can help you evaluate your product and meet key requirements, helping you enter new markets quicker and easier. Our compliance professionals will work with you.

For more information, please visit us at:

Article source:
This article has been viewed 253 times.

Rate article

Article comments

There are no posted comments.

Related articles