How to Spot a Psychic Swindle
- Author Carolyn Molnar
- Published August 29, 2018
- Word count 602
I received a heartbreaking telephone call for help from a young woman who’d been seeing a psychic for several years, one she trusted. She suspected her boyfriend of infidelity. The "trusted" psychic asked the woman for $300 to put a spell on the wayward boyfriend and bring him back. Well, she paid the $300 but the spell didn’t work, so the psychic said she needed the woman to pay another $600. Troubled by this, she called and asked me what to do.
I strongly advised her against giving the charlatan any more money. Any intuitive who demands more money than what the session costs is out to scam you. And in terms of casting spells, "We all have free will," I said. "If it’s in his heart to walk a different path, then nothing you can do can force him to act against his will."
Later, I thought about all the good people I’ve talked with who’d fallen for psychic swindles. Like Amber, who said a curse had been put on her, and the psychic she’d contacted for help wanted $1,500 to remove it. When I heard that, I almost swallowed my tongue. Amber hesitantly admitted that she’d paid the money and visited the quack (my word) three times – yet still felt bad luck was following her.
"Amber," I told her, "there’s no such thing as a curse. What’s happening is you believe someone has power over you to make bad things happen, and your belief system is supporting your fears. So do this: whenever you have a negative thought or a depressing feeling about yourself, simply say, ‘I reject this.’ Take back your power. No one is stronger than you. And remember your family and friends who love and care about you."
I didn’t charge Amber a cent for my advice. But when I hung up, I thought of the client who had come to me once because another psychic had told him that he had to buy three "special" candles from her at $62 each, and if he burned them, they’d get rid of his curse. Of course, the phony psychic sneakily added, if the curse doesn’t go away, you might need more candles…
Another woman who called me wanted to know how I felt about Madame X, another psychic she’d found on the Internet. Personally, I don’t like to compare myself to others; besides, I didn’t know Madame X.
"If I wanted to see you, Carolyn, how many sessions would I need to make? Madame X said I would need to see her five times next week to resolve all my issues."
My jaw dropped. I didn’t know the extent of Lillian’s "issues," but there’s a difference between a psychic and a psychiatrist. I can’t predict tomorrow’s lottery numbers and I can’t solve deep-seated emotional problems. I can offer you hope and support, but I can’t be your crutch.
So, let’s recap. Here’s the signs you’re dealing with a hocus-bogus psychic:
• The person says you’re cursed, and that only she/he can remove this curse.
• The person wants a ridiculous amount of money for a session.
• The person says you need more sessions to clear up your problem.
• The person says you must buy what I call "mystical trinkets."
• The person tells you that you have no power.
And remember: There’s a world of difference between a $62 candle that’s supposed to make you feel better and a $2 vanilla-scented votive you can pick up just about anywhere.
Carolyn Molnar is a Toronto based Psychic Medium and Spiritual Teacher. She has over 30 years’ experience. She provides readings and also teaches others how to tap into their intuitive abilities. Please visit Carolyn at http://carolynmolnar.com/ and sign up to receive her monthly newsletter, "A Psychic's Message", and learn more about how to develop and use your intuition in a practical way.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Anker Soundbuds Life Review
- Looking for a Psychotherapist in San Francisco?
- Politicians Totally Ignore the Only Free Market Solution to America's Economic Crisis!
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Good Soil Composition is the Key to Low-Maintenance Lawns
- Growing Healthy Tomatoes: Diseases and Fungi Prevention
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Let Trump keep looking at H-1Bs; there is a much better option for immigrants
- What you should Know about Ubanker Nigeria
- WHEN I DIE TODAY
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- Top 10 BCA college in Kathmandu
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- The AI Content Revolution is starting without you!
- Traveler's Guide to Rome
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- Website | Why build for your business?
- Redundancy and Starting Over
- Benefits Found In Dedicated Hosting Solutions
- Forensic guide to WhatsApp data acquisition
- How To Extract Telegram Secret Chats from the iPhone
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- A photo manager and digital asset manager for creative photography
- TOP 10 games similar to Minecraft