How to Differentiate Your Brand Personality & USP
- Author Susan Friesen
- Published September 13, 2018
- Word count 695
Tips on Showcasing the Ideas and Values that Make Your Business Brand Unique
It’s very rare to be lucky enough to have a business in an industry that isn’t crowded with competition.
Whether you sell something or provide a service, you have competing companies and brands who want the same business you do, and everyone is constantly seeking to secure that business.
A great way to make sure you stand out is by showcasing the ideas and values that make your brand unique.
These differentiators that dictate brand identity and value are easy to spot for many businesses. You really only have to look at what drew you into their business to identify their unique selling position that drives their brand.
A shining example is Amazon in the United States. They provide an easy interface to order through, great and often free shipping for Americans.
But what really sets them apart has been their customer service. As a retailer they are known for making ordering online extremely easy and this has carried over into their Canadian service, though not to the same degree (yet).
Their customer value proposition is their USP (Unique Selling Position).
When looking at how to stand out from the crowd and draw in customers and clients, assess what you see as the core value you provide.
It could be something as simple as longer hours or a higher quality track record. Approach the idea of establishing your brand by trying to sell what you do to yourself. If you can’t think of any reason someone would hire you over someone else, then you’ll need to do a little research.
Your business wouldn’t be a success at all if you didn’t have something unique about it.
Try mapping your customer experience. Write up what happens at each step and examine what the client is doing vs. what they’d be doing had they opted for your competitors.
Within that analysis, you are likely to identify points where you’re providing something the others aren’t. That USP is what you’ll use to differentiate your brand.
Here’s a quick example:
• Helen A. is a relationship coach. She helps single people find the right partner and advertises her success rate.
• Helen B. is also a relationship coach. She also helps single people find dates, but she also provides coaching afterwards to help both parties through any struggles within the first year of their relationship.
• Helen A. would define her brand position and USP as being the relationship coach that helps you find love.
• Helen B. would define her brand position and USP as being a relationship coach that helps you find a partner and then helps cultivate the relationship afterwards.
It should be relatively easy for you to identify your USP and then apply it to your brand.
FedEx is an often talked about example because their USP is overnight shipping guaranteed. Their tag line is ‘When it absolutely, positively, had to be there overnight’.
Work your USP into your brand identity to a point that no one will have to ask you why they should choose you.
This could also be accomplished by assessing your competition.
Look for Pain Points in your competitor’s customer experience. By reading their reviews you’ll be able to see what put past clients off and what could be preventing future clients from choosing your competitor.
If you see 1 star reviews and there are consistent messages that your competitor is rude to clients your USP could be your 5 star track record and friendly personality. If that sounds like you then you know what to do and wear that USP like a brand badge, so everyone knows if they deal with you they won’t experience any rude behaviour.
This should be a fun exercise and if you get it right you’ll see the results.
Whatever brand ideas you can come up with are worth exploring if they really embody what you provide that makes you different. Your values and your service should all be the building blocks, so your brand stands out based on what you do best.
Susan Friesen, founder of the award-winning web development and digital marketing firm eVision Media, is a Web Specialist, Business & Marketing Consultant. If you are new to Social Media and online marketing or find it overwhelming and confusing, my monthly group coaching program, AMPLIFY! Business Academy http://amplifybusinessacademy.com/ is a perfect way for you to incrementally learn the best strategies and tactics to help you grow your business online.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Noteworthy SEO Practices for Businesses
- Digital Marketing Trends in Jordan & Arabia 2020
- Details of NBA 2K21 MyTeam Coming Soon
- Looking To Make A Good First Impression? Lobby Sign Is Your Answer!
- how to start an email marketing
- How Dubai Is Printing Its Way to the Future
- Benefits To Join Best Virtual Events 2020 for Packaging Industry
- Top 3 White-Label Services that You Can Resell Right Now!
- How To Get Quality Traffic For Your Site By Using Explainer Video
- SECRETS OF MARKETING RESOURCES
- What Is Digital Signage? Interesting Facts About Digital Signage
- 9 Popular AI Applications to Empower Digital Marketing Efforts of Your Business
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation