How to Make Bedskirt for Low Profile Box Spring?
- Author James Jones
- Published October 20, 2018
- Word count 712
Bedskirt for low profile box spring can add to the décor of the room. It can hide the unsightly box spring mattresses and hide the old boxes which you have sorted under the bed. Since there are many patterns and designs available, the right bed skirt is going to add style to the room. If you use elastic bed skirt, you will be able to enjoy several advantages. You can put it on and remove with complete ease. It stays in place and is pretty easier to make than the conventional bed skirt.
Tips to Make
When you plan to make bedskirt for low profile box spring, you have to measure from the floor to top edge of your box spring. You can do this by using a measuring tape for determining the drop or the height the skirt is going to have. Also, measure the circumference of the bed simply by measuring around the bed. This way you will be able to determine how long the fabric has to be in order to cover the total circumference of the bed.
You have to add three inches to the number that you have measured as the drop. This extra material is going to create pocket for the elastic. You have to cut the fabric to ensure the height. Cut the required number of pieces equal to the circumference plus 4 inches. These four extra inches is going to give you extra sewing fabric. Thereafter, you have to multiply its circumference by two in case you want to make ruffled bedskirt for low profile box spring. You will need twice as much fabric to get the ruffled look.
Sew the fabric pieces together till you have a long piece of fabric. Fold the top of your fabric over the back, for creating a pocket so that the elastic goes through. Cut the elastic about 3-4 inches shorter than the bed’s circumference. Use 0.50-0.75 inch elastic. Thinner elastic might be pulled off the bed with the weight of the fabric. Make sure that you insert elastic all the way through the pocket by using a safety pin.
Sew the ends of the elastic together. Place the bedskirt for low profile box spring over it to check if it is fitting properly. If it is not tight enough then cut off more elastic and also sew the ends again to get a tighter fit. Make sure that you do not sew up the pocket till you have the fit that you want.
Sew the pockets together. Fold the fabric in half, the outer portion facing in, sew the ends of the fabric together. This will help in making sure that the finished seam is on the inner portion of the bed skirt underneath where no one will be able to see it. Align the bed skirt around box spring.
Tips to Put the Bed Skirt on Your Bed
Bed skirt for low profile box spring will offer a finished look to your bed. However, you have to make sure that you have installed it in the right manner. Here are some tips that will help you to install the bed skirt on the bed.
For easy installation, remove the mattress and bedding from the box spring or even a lower mattress. Set these aside in a place where it will be easier to maneuver as placing the mattress back on the box without even moving the bed skirt might be quite tricky.
If you have to get a neat and finished look, ironing the bedskirt for low profile box spring before installation is important. Pay attention to the pleats or details the bed skirt has as you want it to look clean and crisp.
Adjust it carefully so that the edges and the corners fit properly. Try lining the bed skirt seams with the edges of the box spring.
Replace the mattress on top of the box spring or the bottom mattress. Try to lift and place instead of sliding the mattress back in position. This way the bed skirt is going to remain in place. In case someone is helping you, it is better to get one person to hold the bed skirt.
Adjust the remaining bed skirt so that it hangs properly.
Bedskirt for low profile box spring can add to the décor of the room. It can hide the unsightly box spring mattresses and hide the old boxes which you have sorted under the bed. Since there are many patterns and designs available, the right bed skirt is going to add style to the room. If you use elastic bed skirt, you will be able to enjoy several advantages. You can put it on and remove with complete ease. It stays in place and is pretty easier to make than the conventional bed skirt.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company
- The Benefit Of Using Newark Airport Car Service
- Using Black Wool Serge to Transform Every Performance on Stage
- Beginners guide to printer types and its functions
- Why Extreme House Sales Could Be For You
- Is it Time for Floor Deep Cleaning?
- A Gas or Electric Cooker for Your Catering Business?
- Buy My House for Cash in Augusta – 2 Questions… Freedom Home Buyers