Review: Best Messaging application of the year - 2018
- Author John Paul
- Published December 3, 2018
- Word count 727
Signal is an open source, free messenger application created by Open Whisper Systems. Launched in 2015, Signal supports secure encrypted messaging along with secured audio/video calls. The encrypted messaging application is primarily designed to help in keeping the conversations safe and private for both, Android and iOS platforms.
The private messenger is absolutely free and enables users to make secure audio and video internet calls along with secure texting. It only takes a minute to get downloaded, and set up on the device. Though the application draws only on the existing contact list but you can send an invite to your friends via text. For Android, only you are allowed to share messages with people not using the Signal application, however these messages aren't that secure. In spite of having phone numbers as contacts, majority of connections are made over Internet, which is why SIGNAL needs internet access. The prime reason is end-to-end encryption which makes the communications over the application absolutely secure.
Signal is all set to replace the regular SMS messenger by adding a traditional touch of sending and receiving messages in a secured manner. The big difference between Signal and traditional SMS is that the application, automatically encrypts the messages sent to user stored in your contact list. Along with sending encrypted messages, Signal also provides the feature of secured audio/ video calls within the application. Calling a Signal user, enables the call to be encrypted. Similar to Skype, the calls made with the application are free and routed over internet. But Signal comes with an enhanced security features. One of the most crucial point is that both the users, needs to have the application, otherwise it gets converted into a normal call.
Signal also received recognition from the big name in the world of data security, Edward who even tweeted about the application, confirming that he also uses it. Being Edward Snowden's favorite, Signal is addressed as the most secure encrypted messaging application available. The application is simply a download, install, and you can start using it, just by registering your phone number. With simply and basic graphics, developer Open Whisper have clearly taken a practical approach to design the application. Signal – the encrypted Messenger knows its job well, enabling us to communicate securely, without worrying about the third party spying on us. Secure texting, lag-free calls over internet connections, and you couldn’t have asked for more.
Since Signal is open source, the code can be independently audited for any backdoor issue. The encrypted messaging application encrypts and decrypts the messages on the sender’s phone before sending and on recipient’s phone, after receiving, ensuring that the messages are not intercepted in between and can’t be stored on the phone as it gets erased automatically.
Every message shared through Signal is encrypted, not allowing the attacker to have an access of the conversation. Though Signal encryption for audio/video calls are protected, it is recommended to use text messaging, in case you’re handling sensitive data.
Why I liked Signal?
• For online communications, it is very important to keep the communications safe, along with the information shared through it. Signal ensures that only trusted people are provided access to the message and communication.
• Considering the importance of secure messaging, there are various sorts of information that you can keep safe and private.
• Talking of online privacy, encrypted messaging is probably the best way to the device and personal information secure.
In order to start using Signal, all you need is to register with your contact number, after which the application generates a pair of keys, used to verify the identities of the send and the recipient. The application allows easy sharing of videos/audio files, pictures, contact information, along with a group chat option. Signal also facilitates the user with local message encryption that protects with a passphrase, while preventing it from eavesdroppers.
With the recent Facebook controversy that announced users’ private data to be shared with Facebook, the concern for data privacy has increasing, boosting the usage of highly encrypted applications like Signal.
Signal is an encrypted messaging application that enhances data privacy and security within the communications, with being an outstanding alternative to default SMS messaging. It is considered to be the safest solution for protecting user’s privacy over texts and audio/video calls.
Exploring technologies for better and secure tomorrow.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Factors that inhibit the popularity of Forex in numerous countries
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Pros and Cons of Homework
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Street Dogs in Nepal | Animal Welfare Nepal | Oxsa Nepal
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Us Against Them
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Best Ping Pong Table Indoor & Outdoor Reviews 2020
- Step By Step Guide To Write A Good Research Proposal
- How To Write A Super Resume In 2020
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- Belle Delphine Bathwater
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Considerable Factors of Zachary Levi, The Famous Actor