What The Heck Is Creativity?
- Author Margaret Jones
- Published December 12, 2018
- Word count 623
Before diving into details of what is creativity and ways you can achieve that, let me ask you first. What do you think is creativity? Stop reading this article right away. Start your favorite word processing software and write down your pearls of wisdom about creativity. Go ahead.
If you are done, you might have come across something like this. Creativity is something new. It is innovative. It solves problems.
Creativity always brings to mind the names of some important personalities like Pablo Picasso, Michelangelo, Leonardo Da Vinci, Stephen Hawking, Stephen King, Ernest Hemingway, Shakespeare, Seth Godin, Charlie Chaplin or some other popular figure of the similar league.
People take a number of different positions on account of what is creative. It seems that everyone is yet to arrive at a logical conclusion.
Let us explore some other dominant point of views on creativity
• Creativity Is Non-Industry Specific
Creativity has touched on almost every possible industry. It can be found in linguistics, design, technology, psychology, cognitive science, and healthcare. You name it and it is there. It would not be wrong to say that anybody and everybody can use creativity for creation, innovation and problem-solving.
• It Is About Getting Knowledge
It can be safely said that the more knowledge you have the more liberty you have to create something new. It makes sense too. Let’s say you are a small business and you are approached by a student of computer science working on artificial intelligence to create a print advertisement on that.
They will not expect you to get a Master’s degree on computer science but you have to have an in-depth understanding of artificial intelligence to have an idea about why it is beneficial to the client’s target audience. Knowledge is an immense power to create something new, fresh and innovative out of it.
• Novelty Is the Essence of Creativity
A lot of people agree that creativity has a predominant novelty factor attached to it. It could be a new joke. It could be a new way of looking at things. It could be a new perspective to a cliché concept or a fresh analysis of the event.
Advertisers have used this technique to make millions of dollars for their clients and themselves. Remember the Apple Macintosh commercial? Nothing similar happened ever before like that. This is called novelty and it is an important aspect of creativity.
• It is a Fusion if Different Ideas
Novelty in creativity is often achieved by blending two or more completely unrelated ideas to create a new one, specifically called conceptual blending. Example, Metaphor, and analogy are used to apply this technique. "Swimming with the sea of sharks" is a linguistic metaphor used by writers to depict the intensity of the potential risk involved in doing something.
• It Is Valuable
Creativity is not valuable if it doesn’t hit the mark to create value. How can creativity drive value and who is calling the shots? Creativity produces the value if it does what it is intended for. The simplest example would be an advertisement commercial. If a commercial, intended to increase sales, does not get the job done, it is not valuable no matter how fresh, innovate and creative it is.
• It is About Imagination
Creative people possess above average imagination. They have a special eye to observe nature, people, things, concepts, and almost everything. They can quickly tap into their imaginative power and source inspiration out of it without a hassle.
Creativity is a concoction of different things. It is about infusing the different ideas to create something new and original. The aforementioned are some of the elements that define creativity in parts. Hope it helps you learn the different facets of creativity.
Margaret Jones is an educator at Assignment Writing Service by UK Assignment Help Company and a pro blogger. She is an inspirational source for the students who want to create a winning paper. She is also a blogger and can write on both simple and complex themes on anything related to life. She has been to different countries and loves traveling the world.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- DO YOU HAVE A GOOD SLEEP QUALITY?
- The Economic Democracy Act: FAQ's Updated
- American Express Company (AmEx)
- Small-Souled Bugmen
- BEST REASONS TO BUY CIGARETTES AND CIGAR ONLINE
- How to Slow Aging (and even reverse it)
- 3 Tips of Getting a Luxury Life
- Why Darkness is Important for Cannabis Plants
- Bad Driving Habits
- Why China is Considered A Fashionably Advanced Country?
- How To Choose The Right Jeweller For You
- Magic Spells for love, money, success, protection, prosperity and good luck
- Social Phobia
- Tops 10 Model Women With Unique Facial features
- Men at 58
- Corporate Premium Gifts Supplier in Malaysia
- Some of the Best Men’s Lifestyle Advice
- Legal Advice for your Retirement
- Personal Responsibility
- Bridgeport Correctional Center: Offender BEWARE
- Packing List for a New Truck Driver
- Homegrown Hero and Philanthropist gives something more valuable than money!
- Diamonds are Forever; And so is Plastic
- The App That Lets You Speak From The Grave
- Expose Unreliable Grabbing Skills of Claw Machine Game
- 5 reasons why you should rent a Limo
- Why all British businessmen should lick the house of George Clooney (in case you're wondering)
- Should I wear a three piece suit for the American people, so that nobody ever needs a job?
- How much does your lifestyle cost you?