Maintaining Good Health - Maintaining A Healthy Life Style
- Author Chukwuemeka Thompson
- Published December 30, 2018
- Word count 759
Good health can be maintained/achieved by
having a healthy diet, regular exercise and good
sleep, health science, public health and self care
strategies also play a major role in maintaining
good health. Maintaining and achieving good
health is a continuous process, and include
changes in health care, health knowledge, health
practices, health strategies and organized
intervention by private, public, government and
non-governmental agencies for staying healthy.
The first step to maintaining/achieving good
health is by having a healthy diet that contain both plant and animal food that provide the required nutrients to the body.
These nutrients gives the body energy
and helps to keep the body running, nutrients help
in building and strengthening bones, muscles,
tendons and also regulate body processes. The
food guide pyramid helps us to know the
recommended food intake for each group
(carbohydrate, vitamins, minerals, fat and oil,
sugars). Eating healthy food is important
because it helps to lower risks of heart disease
and some types of cancers and helps in
maintaining a healthy weight. The Mediterranean
diet is important here because it contains bio-
active supplements that promote good health.
Exercise helps to enhance the efficiency of a diet
and overall health, wellness and physical fitness.
It strengthens muscles and helps to improve the
cardiovascular system, exercise can be classified
into four different types, they are; Endurance,
Strength, Flexibility and Balance. Endurance
exercise helps in maintaining good health because
it help in elevating the heart rate and burn down
fat, endurance exercises include; brisk walking,
jogging, running, hiking, cycling, swimming,
skipping rope, rowing and playing tennis.…
Hence, sleeping is an important part of
maintaining sound health, sleeping helps our body
system to rest, relax and metabolize the stored
energy in the food we consumed. In children,
sleeping is very important for growth and
development of the body. Lack of sleep can cause
several chronic health problems, which may
include increase in weight, common cold and
some type of cancer. Adults(18yrs and above)
should get at least 7-9hours of sleep, while
younger children(0-17yrs) should get at least
9-17 hours of sleep daily for growth and
development of the body.
Furthermore, health science has been playing a
major role in improving health and wellness, there
are two main approaches to health science, the
first one is the study and research of the body
and health related issue to understands how
human function, and the application of that
knowledge to improve health and to prevent/cure
disease and other physical and mental problems.
The science develop on many sub-fields, including
biology, biochemistry, physics, epidemiology and
medical sociology. Applied health science enable
to understand and improve health applications in
areas such as health education, biomedical
engineering, biotechnology and public health .
Organized interventions to improve health are
based on the principles and procedures to
improve health, through health sciences provided
by experts in medicine, nursing, nutrition,
pharmacy, social work, psychology, occupational
therapy, physical therapy and other health care
professions. Clinical health professionals focus on
individual health while public health practitioners
focus on the communities and the populace.
Workplace health programs has also been
developed to focus on employees health while
school health services has also been developed to
improve the well-being of children.
Public health is the science and art of preventing
diseases and prolonging/promoting life through
efforts of organized and informed choices of
society, organizations, public and private
communities and individuals. Public health focus
on programs, policies, promotions, research,
campaigns, financing and control of public health
related issues. It can be applied in areas such as
maternal and child health, administration,
prevention, emergency, control and so on. Public
health is important because it helps to reduce
mortality rates in infants and children, and help to
increase the life expectancy of the public in
Personal health also contribute a lot to improving
our health and wellness as human beings,
personal health depends on steady and assisted
health actions taken by us on our health, these
health practices include personal hygiene practice
like bathing, hand washing with soap, brushing of teeth, storing, preparing and
handling food safety and so on.
It may also include sleeping patterns,
exercise, nutrition and environmental feature and
so on. Personal health depends on a person's
structure of life, relaxation, volunteering, positive
thinking and time management will help in
reducing stress and also help in increased
Finally, Diet, exercise, sleeping helps a lot in maintaining a healthy life style, health science,public health and personal health are also a major contributor to maintaining a healthy life.
Chukwuemeka Thompson is dedicated to helping
people stay informed on health, wellness and
weight loss. For more information and in-depth
unbiased reviews like this one, please visithttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These 6 Google Analytics Mistakes Should Be Avoided
- What to Ask Your Hawaii Contractor Before Remodeling Your Bathroom
- More content isn't necessarily better for Google rankings.
- Different Hand Tools Within a Dental Practice
- 5 Easy Upgrades To Make To Your Home
- What are the Major Benefits of Insulation?
- Why Should You Get Insulation for Your Home?
- New HGRBS Homeowner’s Guide Series #4 - Do We Give ‘Social Networks’ More Attention Than Our Homes?
- When Are Corporate and Personal Taxes Due in Canada in 2021?
- Why Insulation Is Essential Today
- We are teaching and saying…become your own business: Dr. Marcia Ann Coppertino
- Key Benefits of Insulation
- Home Decoration - Inexpensive Ways to Liven Up Your Rooms!
- What A Handyman Can Do For You
- Why Window Tinting Cars Is Beneficial
- Benefits of Customized Pressure Washing
- Black Girls in Crisis...What Ma'Khia Bryant's Death Reveals
- How Can Office Users And Commercial Real Estate Brokers Adapt To The New Future?
- Understanding The Benefits of Insulation
- Home Design - Brighten Up Your Environment
- Why Handyman Services Are Essential
- How to reduce weight by doing exercise at home?
- 10 Great Things To Do When Lockdown Ends
- Socialism and Capitalism VS Concentrated Wealth/Power
- Some Common Healthy Activities to Slow Aging
- Why You Should Insulate Your Conservatory
- Pakawaste installation at Wood Wharf development
- Why your business needs cloud services?
- How to run a Group Action
- What are the benefits of painting your home?