Fastdeal Business Directory
- Author Alex Rosca
- Published January 26, 2019
- Word count 551
Optimizing Your Description On The Business Directory Listing
As you submit your information to the directories, one of the sections will ask for your description. While other features are somewhat rigid -like the business name, phone number, address, and location- the description is flexible and allows you to be creative. This is the section where you have the opportunity to grab the attention of the reader. Your goal is to provide a brief snapshot of your business, with just enough information that will get your potential customers interested in what you have to offer, but not overloading them with so much information that they turn away. In fact, you will be limited in the number of characters you can include in the description section- so keep it short and sweet. Here's how:
• Get the core message across
From your description, your customers should know what your business is about- the products and services you provide. This does not mean that as a restaurant you list your whole menu here- actually there's a separate section for that. Stating that you're a restaurant "that specialises on Italian cuisine" is far more effective.
• Be coherent
Your description is targeting actual human beings, who will need to understand what you’re saying. Have a clear flow, not simply a bulleted list of items. By the end of the description, the reader should be able to form an image about your business in their mind. Also include a value statement, such as how long you’ve been in business, the customer’s needs that you address, and what makes you stand out from your competitors.
For instance, if you’re in the retail business, it can be something in the lines of:
"Sabby Wear is premium women’s clothing store in Galway, Ireland. Here, you can find Bohemian styles to bring out your artistic and wild side. Visit us if you’re looking for an exotic look inspired by gypsy and hippie trends."
• Adapt your description to the directory.
Don’t just create one general description that you will copy-paste onto the different directories. Highlight the different aspects of your business on the different listings, paying attention to the niche-specific directories and tailoring your content to suit them. You can create a spreadsheet of the descriptions to better manage them, that way in case you want to make any changes later on you will know which listing to refer to.
Things To Avoid
While you have the liberty to include whatever information you'd like about your business, it should not be inaccurate or misleading in any way. Also avoid irrelevant and distracting content, gibberish, and using gimmicky characters. In addition, your focus should be on detailing the business as a whole, so this is not the section to bring out special promotions and offer sales. There will be different sections on the directory for that.
Do not add URLs in the description. While some businesses include the email address in the description, this information can be availed in the contact section of the listing. Remember- available writing space is limited, so every character counts. You can optimise for a keyword to help with the SEO, but don’t go stuffing keywords into the description- that will just make it confusing to the reader.
Business Directory Ireland
Check out our amazing business directory. Join Fastdeal Business Directory right now & increase your online presencehttp://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Can SEO Benefit Every Business?
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde