Wellington and York Partners: Food Products You Shouldn’t Miss in Switzerland
- Author Hossain Ahmed
- Published February 7, 2019
- Word count 451
When people hear about Switzerland, they will immediately think of chocolates and cheese. Switzerland is one of the best places for people who love sweets. Chocolate treats are the most recognized Swiss products. It is also not surprising to see a lot of shops that sell cheese products. Both these goods are great to use for fondue which is a nice snack to share with friends.
While chocolates are definitely some top-notch products that can be bought, there are a lot of other selections that tourists may try and purchase during their visit to the beautiful country. Tourists should not buy chocolate from souvenir shops because it tends to be expensive and not as good as the products sold in chocolatiers and cheesemakers.
To tell the legitimacy of Swiss products, there are specific standards that should be followed by chocolate and cheesemakers in the country. The fundamental process of the food must take place in Switzerland and should have 80 percent of the weight of the raw materials in it. For the industrial products, 60 percent of the manufacturing costs, as well as the training and other manufacturing steps should occur in the country.
Swiss cheese and chocolates
Travelers tend to do their last-minute shopping in souvenir shops and airport kiosks display assortments and merchandises of Swiss-branded chocolates. Supermarkets all over the world are invaded by different Swiss chocolate products. However, the quality and taste may not be the same as the ones sold in chocolatiers that can be found in Zurich or other places in Switzerland. Freshly made chocolate have better taste compared to mass-produced chocolates that are found in grocery and convenience stores.
Swiss chocolates are famous for its rich taste. According to some food review, people love it for the supreme quality and distinct flavors. Even though some of its ingredients such as sugar and cacao beans come from other countries, a legitimate Swiss chocolate should be produced in Switzerland.
The food culture of Switzerland includes amazing cheeses that are mostly made from cow’s milk. Swiss-made cheese is not like American cheese. The Swiss cheese is produced mostly in the Alpine regions. There are different kinds of Swiss cheese. Some are made as soft and buttery, while others are hard melting which is perfect for fondue. The Swiss cuisine includes cheese products in their ingredients such as Appenzeller, Gruyere, and Emmental. Others love putting Raclette cheese on top of their dish.
Switzerland produces about over 450 selections of cheese. Only 1% percent of Swiss cheese is made up of sheep and goat milk, while the majority is made of cow’s milk. Some tourists who visit Zurich or other parts of Switzerland may find cheaper cheese prices compared to other countries.
I am Hossain Ahmed from Bangladesh, a food lover
email@example.comArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Is Avocado A Fruit Or Vegetable
- Raita is cool. Pachadi is cooler. Make more Pachadi.
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- How to make the best pour over coffee
- Kitchener Meat Grinder Features - What to Look For
- What is The Purpose of Food Testing?
- The role of flax seeds in disease prevention
- How to Storage Loose Leaf Tea
- What Are The Common Foods That Causes Food Allergies
- The Rise of Pop-Up Restaurants and Bars
- Why does Pu-erh tea select Yunnan big leaf
- Differences between raw pu-erh and cooked
- Bagel Sliced Bread
- Henderson County Vineyards
- What to have for Dinner
- How meat re placers affect the beef industry.
- Creative Cakes: Mint, Cookies and Cream!
- Why Vegetarian?
- Best Places to Eat Pizza
- Using modern cleaning systems to increase beer line cleaning intervals
- A True Chicago Dining Experience
- 10 difference between US and Italian pizza
- Build your own pizza to make it healthy and nutritious
- Natural Mineral Water An Elixir For Dehydration
- Choose Natural Mineral Water- Choose Your Health
- The Benefits of Eating Grass-fed Beef and Pastured Pork
- 10 Drinks to avoid when you’re 40
- Setting the Record straight on Meat Health
- Almond oil and its properties