How to Afford a Pricier House in the Neighborhood You Love
- Author Eleanor White
- Published February 19, 2019
- Word count 341
When Danielle and Jimmy returned to their home state after three years in Germany, they spent the next six months looking for their first home.
"Location was so important to us. We got used to walking everywhere while we were in Germany. Grocery stores, restaurants, beer gardens and pubs were all within walking distance of our apartment. We wanted to find a neighborhood like that," explains Danielle, an employee relations attorney.
They found the perfect neighborhood: Bay View, Wisconsin. They also found a house in a perfect location, right across from a park, with a lovely view of Lake Michigan.
But the house itself wasn't so perfect: it needed about $20,000 worth of renovations. And the sale price was on the high side of their price range.
"We looked at other homes in the neighborhood that were cheaper and in better shape. But we kept coming back to this one. It was in the perfect spot. And when we found out there is a beer garden in the park in summer, it was a done deal!" Danielle says.
They successfully closed on the house in January and spent a month painting, installing a new kitchen floor and remodeling the master bath before they moved in.
So how did Danielle and Jimmy manage to buy a more expensive home and have money left over to fix it up? With direction from their loan officer, here's how they did it:
They were pre-approved before starting the house hunt, so they knew their price range.
They used conventional financing with private mortgage insurance, which allowed them to put down 5 percent instead of 20 percent. Their mortgage payment is higher, but still within their monthly budget.
The lower down payment made it possible to buy the more expensive home.
Putting less money down also allowed them to keep cash for the renovations.
For more information Azura Condos on how to purchase a home with conventional financing and a low down payment, check out the articles and videos on this website, created especially for first-time homebuyers: readynest.com.
There are no posted comments.
- There's Big Money In THE FACTS ABOUT NETWORK MARKETING
- Properties of Self Compacting Concrete Mix
- How to make more money from your investment property?
- Have you had enough of the daily 9 to 5 grind for little money and wondered how easy it would be to start an online business?
- 3 Ways to Profit in Lock Down
- How A Cup Of Tea Make You Millionaire/Rich?
- Transform Pic to Word and Create Personalized Photo Gifts for Special Occasions
- Turn Picture Into Words to Get Unique, Cool Gift Items
- how to rank youtube videos in 2020
- Balancing the levels of indoor humidity is crucial - HWisel
- How To Develop A Brand Strategy
- My Transitioning Story: Office-Based to Virtual Working
- Add Extra Charisma to Your Wedding with These Table Centrepieces
- Best Steps for Improvements in Commercial Real Estate Business.
- Commercial Real Estate Property - Halsey Real Estate
- Advice On How To Be More Successful At Blogging
- Advice For Your New Tech Blogging Business Is Here
- How to Become a Winemaker
- Three Basic Ways To Keep Your Oven Clean
- Reasons for Using Floor Screeds
- The Uses of Screeds For The Purpose Of Laying Final Flooring
- Why Hire a Waste Disposal Professional?
- Conservatories Essex Homeowners Love
- Some of the Things to Consider When Replacing Your Windows
- Home Depot coupons: Refresh your home space at price as you wish
- Mississauga Home Staging Rental Company
- The Benefit Of Using Newark Airport Car Service
- Using Black Wool Serge to Transform Every Performance on Stage
- Beginners guide to printer types and its functions
- Why Extreme House Sales Could Be For You