What Is Research?
- Author Etido James
- Published February 13, 2019
- Word count 485
WHAT IS A RESEARCH
Most people conduct research for just the degree they are looking for. They do the research for just to grab the degree, that is all. In fact there are two approaches or to objectives for conducting a research. The first one is the traditional way of conducting a research which is conducting a research for only filling knowledge gap. This kind of people in doing the research consult only books, journal, conference papers and they try to find where the research gap is even if the research is trivial and not important the researcher will insist to conduct the research in the area. Unfortunately most traditional researchers do this form of research, they just try to find only a gap in research especially in management and management information system, people try to find just a gap, for the reason of filling the gap and publish paper and they say we have a research, we have available research, but I don’t think so, just to fill knowledge gap is not a big deal, hence it is not a research.
On the other hand, the other people feel that research is just to solve a problem. This kind of people, we can call them consultants. They look at the problem at different perspectives, they contact the company and understand the problem of the company and try to solve the problem of the company. Unfortunately, this kind of people don’t look at books as the others do, they try to write one or two books, four or five journals and that is it and they try to solve the problem from their own experience, however,they don’t look deep into literature review as the first group do. The problem here is that this people may end up repeating what others have done because they don’t know what others have done in that area and they have a major problem.
Therefore, as can be seen, the two groups are not purely right. The first group misses the problem solving nature of every research, while the second group may end up repeating what others have done since they don’t engage in thorough literature review. They end up not filling the knowledge gap. What then is real research?
The real research is being somewhere in between the two groups: "filling knowledge gap and solve a problem". You can be anywhere in between but in most cases you have a condition. The first condition is that you have to solve a problem but before solving a problem you must do a RE---search. What is a re-search? You have to search books and papers to check if someone has solved similar problem before, even if someone has done the research, you can criticize the person to find a knowledge gap.
Therefore, research involves solving a problem and filling knowledge gap at the same time.
There are no posted comments.
- Does Education Affects Your Health?
- Critical Mass: The Search for the Quantum/Classical Threshold, the Inanimate God and the Beginning of Time
- How to Become the Smartest Kid in Your High School Class!
- Comments and Questions on the Wave/Particle Duality
- Best Way To Start You Research Paper
- Tips for Taking a Semester off From College
- Online Education : Problems and Prospects
- Melbourne City College Australia
- Tips For A Good Project Defense: Conveying A Good Presentation
- A Tour of the Campus Post Millennium
- What Is Research And How To Research
- Top 10 BCA college in Kathmandu
- Step By Step Guide To Write A Good Research Proposal
- How To Pick The Right University For You
- How to write an assignment when you're at University level?
- Cyber Security Certifications the New Frontier in the IT
- 10 Benefits of Working While Studying
- Want to Study Abroad? Check out the pros and cons of studying abroad!
- Urgent Finance Assignment Help
- How much Assignment Help is necessary for a student?
- Are you struggling to write an academic essay?
- Why quantitative analysis is the master key to a successful thesis
- Get Statistics Assignment Help Online
- Get Statistics Assignment Help
- Top 10 tips on how to combine your part-time work and studies in the UK
- Speculations on a Quantum Model of Gravity
- How To Avoid Plagiarism (Copy And Paste) In Research Writing
- The Most Effective Method To Choose A Good Project Topic
- Progressive IT universities in USA