Should You Reach Out to Car Accident Lawyers?
- Author Christopher Richard
- Published March 4, 2019
- Word count 425
What should you do immediately after a car accident? Should you call a car accident lawyer right away? Do you even need to hire a lawyer for help with your car accident insurance claim or should you just take care of everything on your own?
No one ever expects to be involved in a collision or road mishap, so most people don’t know what to do. The first thing to remember is to stay calm so you can think clearly. Check if you or anyone in the scene needs immediate medical help. Your first priority should be to call the authorities and seek treatment for any injuries—however minor they may seem.
When possible, do take pictures or video clips of the accident scene. It’s helpful to document any property damage, any traffic rules violated by the at-fault driver, your injuries, etc. These materials can serve as evidence later on should there be a dispute over who was at fault. You can give them to your injury lawyer later.
You will also need to exchange contact details with the other drivers or parties involved in the crash, as well as witnesses. Don’t admit to anything or blame the other party, though. You don’t want to say anything that may hurt your case later on.
Be sure to get medical attention even if you think your injuries are not serious. Concussions and other complications may develop, after all, so it’s best to be prudent. Keep all medical documentation related to the accident as proof of the treatment you received and the expenses you incurred. Your injury lawyer may need this later on. Try your best to follow the physician’s orders regarding any additional tests or follow-up appointments. Failing to do this can prompt the insurance company to dispute the seriousness of your injuries.
It’s always a good idea to talk to a car accident lawyer about your legal options. They can help with car accident insurance claims as well as in defending your rights. You definitely need a car accident lawyer if you believe that you were injured because of the other party’s negligence. You can also get legal help if you and your insurer are struggling to come to an agreement. A lawyer can take over your claim and handle the negotiations for you.
Get in touch with Graves and Richard to discuss your personal injury claim. We have been focused on personal injury law since 1986 and continue to be a premiere law firm in southern Ontario.
There are no posted comments.
- Know the Role of Criminal Defense Lawyer in Singapore
- Covid-19 Impact On Rental Contracts In UAE
- Impact on Working Hours during Ramadan Due to Covid-19
- All that you should know about the New Anti-Money Laundering Law
- Can Impact of Coronavirus be a Force Majeure Event?
- Multiculturalism here in Australia – a Good read for Migrants.
- How to Hire the Right Personal Injury Lawyer
- UAE joins nations monitoring Offenders through Electronic Tagging
- With the new Law in the UAE, the Prosecution Can Allow the Accused and the Victim to Settle Criminal Matters Amicably.
- Good Bye to Entangling Investigations, Minor Crimes to be Disposed within One Day in the UAE.
- Measures of UAE Ministry Of Labor To Curb Spread Of Coronavirus
- Worker's Compensation Law
- Can Employment Tribunal Cases Be Joined Together?
- Essential Factors to Consider Before Hiring German Translation Services
- 4 Signs You Need Cleaning Services
- Common Causes of Construction Site Accidents
- Preparing for an M&A
- M&A Documents
- Business Formation
- The M&A Due Diligence Process
- Indemnification in Mergers & Acquisitions Explained
- Representations & Warranties: Top Q&As for M&As
- Letters of Intent
- Sponsorship Agreements
- Top 7 Spoilers To Avoid in Business Contract Drafting
- The Role Of An Estate Planning Attorney
- Checklist To Discuss With Your Estate Planning Attorney
- What Is The Difference Between a Will vs Trust?
- When Should I Hire an Attorney in Dallas for a Personal Injury?
- What Type of Issues Does Family Law Address?