4 Tips for Effective Garden Landscaping: Perth Expert Advice
- Author Luke Porter
- Published March 16, 2019
- Word count 521
When they consider hiring landscapers Perth residents are often keen to have a garden that they can enjoy and that will boost their curb appeal. One of the most
challenging elements in any modern garden here in WA is a lush lawn. Many of us have sandy soil, restrictions on sprinkler use and other factors that can be a real
challenge. In this article, we will look at four tips to getting a lush green lawn.
- Get Your Soil Tested
The quality of your soil is a major factor in the health of your garden, and it’s essential to get it tested before you take any further steps. The soil pH level will
be measured on a scale from 1 right up to 14, and it will determine the available nutrient levels. A good pH level for gardening purposes would be 6.5 which is
slightly acidic. If the soil is compacted the pore space is removed and air cannot circulate through, which will hamper essential things, such as root activity, air
movement, water distribution and the availability of nutrients. The soil texture is also important, here in Perth many of us have sandy soil, and this can also affect
how you set your garden up for watering due to water repellant issues.
- Choosing an Irrigation System
A good irrigation system or reticulation service will be essential if you want to grow and maintain a lush green lawn. Like any plant, grass needs water to survive and
thrive, and adequate irrigation and coverage will be a crucial concern. Many people are now making a switch to a smart irrigation system that will make important
watering decisions automatically. This will include water based on local weather conditions and checking the moisture in the soil to avoid overwatering. A system like
this will save water and lower your water bills.
- Choosing a Good Fertiliser
Every great lawn will have a feeding regime that uses a good quality fertiliser. This will be largely based on your lawn pH level, and this is another reason why you
should test your soil first. Many fertiliser products are nutrient dense, and when they are used, you may even notice almost instant results. Many gardens lack the
essential nutrients that are needed for optimal lush growth, and they may quickly respond to this treatment. Another option would be an organic fertiliser product that
will be a slow release solution that may take longer to work, but it will have more long lasting results. Here in Perth, we have sandy soil, so it’s a great idea to
fertilise more often, but use less fertiliser and irrigate regularly for a lush lawn.
- Choosing a Lawn Cut
It may seem strange, but the length of cut that you use on your lawn will have a dramatic effect on its health. This cut will vary a great deal depending on your
particular grass selection. The length will also vary depending on the season and cutting higher on the run up to winter is a sound strategy.
If they are looking for reliable garden reticulation Perth, residents should contact Luke’s Landscaping for expert help.
If they are looking for reliable garden reticulation Perth, residents should contact Luke’s Landscaping for expert help.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Choosing the Right Garden Seating or Garden Furniture
- Microbial Fertilizers Plant Diseases Biocontrol
- Gardening Activities During World Quarantine
- The Best Hydroponic Growing Planters
- Benefits of having a Vertical Garden for Home, or Office
- European Water Chestnut Pond Plant
- Indoor Hydroponics; Aeroponics; Aeroculture
- How to Choose the Right Planter
- Advantages of Hydroponic Horticulture vs Soil Gardening
- 7 Top Gardening Tools You Should Own
- How You Go to Deal With Turf Installer? Here is How You Should Go.
- How to Make your Garden Bloom!
- What is the difference between a one stage and two-stage snowblower?
- A guide to snowblower operating controls
- The Sustainable Advantages of Plant Development and Breeding
- 5 Mistakes When you Water Potted Plants
- How to Make use of a Jack Stand
- How Does A Floor Jack Work?
- Understanding Perth Watering Days
- 4 Ways to Troubleshoot a Retic: Perth Expert Advice
- 3 Top Tips for Building Pergolas: Melbourne Expert Advice
- Building a Pergola? Choose the Right Location
- Are The Nutritional Benefits of Eating Raw Sprouted Seeds Worth the Risk of Illness?
- "Soilless," A Funny Word, but an Efficient Way to Grow Hydroponic Plants
- Landscaping Garden Design Ideas for a Small Yard
- How Your Dog Can Actually Help With Your Gardening Efforts
- 5 Tips to Buy Best Automatic Pool Covers
- How Commercial Landscaping Perth Can Help Your Business Grow
- 5 Tips To Having a Greener Lawn