Prilosec Generic: An Effective GERD Drug
- Author Paul Gonzales
- Published May 7, 2019
- Word count 508
Too much stomach acid is an indication of our unhealthy diet and poor lifestyle. We try a number of options to find relief from heartburn. One of the many options is Prilosec Generic. Prilosec Generic the best choice of drug for the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD).
Prilosec Generic contains omeprazole, proton pump inhibitor (PPI), which helps in reducing stomach acid secretion. It is often used for treating the symptoms of gastroesophageal reflux disease (GERD) and other issues caused by excessive stomach acids, such as erosive esophagitis, gastric ulcer and duodenal ulcers. Prilosec Generic is often recommended for a prompt relief from heartburn.
How does it work?
Prilosec Generic (omeprazole) works by blocking the small active pumps in the stomach lining that produce acid to break down the food. As the proton pumps are blocked even before starting, no excessive stomach acid is formed, preventing the acid from refluxing or going up in the oesophagus. Too much acid can cause burning and painful sensation in the upper abdomen or in the chest. In simple words, Prilosec Generic reduces stomach acid secretion to provide heartburn relief.
How to take it?
Prilosec Generic comes in a capsule form and is advised to take an hour before eating. Take the medicine as instructed by your doctor or as per the directions on the prescription. Do not take the medicine for a longer period, or in lesser or greater quantities than recommended. The standard recommendation is one tablet every 24 hours for at least 14 days. The ideal timing for the dose is in the morning an hour before breakfast.
If you miss or skip the dose for any reason, try to take it as soon as possible. But if the time is almost near to your next dose, directly go for the next dose and continue with your dosage schedule. Never take two doses in order to compensate for the missed or skipped one.
Do not chew, break or crush Prilosec generic pill. Swallow a whole capsule. If you are not comfortable taking it as a whole, you can open the capsule, mix the medicine with a spoonful of applesauce, and consume it. Do not save the mixture for the later use. The capsules should be stored away from sunlight, heat or moisture at room temperature.
Precautions to be taken
Seek medical advice if you are allergic to PPI or any other similar drugs, such as pantoprazole, lansoprazole or esomeprazole. Also, consult with your doctor if you have a liver ailment, low magnesium level in blood or osteoporosis (low bone mineral density). It is imperative to talk to your doctor if you are pregnant or breast-feeding before using Prilosec generic.
Common side effects of Prilosec Generic include bloating, vomiting, nausea, diarrhoea, gas or headache, which are mild and subside after some time.
Please note that heartburn is commonly confused with the symptoms of a heart attack. So get medical attention right away if you have chest pain or discomfort, nausea, pain radiating to shoulder or arm, perspiration, and a general ill feeling.
Paul Gonzales is a Medical Professional cum Health Blogger. He is from New York, USA. He had written many articles on health. Now he wrote an article on OTC medicine such as Prilosec generic how it works and effects.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?
- Dental tourism in Vietnam: Safe or not?
- What you need to know before traveling to Vietnam for dental care
- #1 Home Remedy To Typhoid And Malaria
- Fight Nervousness with CBD
- Nosebleed in Children