Packing List for a New Truck Driver
- Author Alice Derrick
- Published June 9, 2019
- Word count 695
Now that you have your CDL, you must be pretty delighted to get on the road. One of the most essential things about life as a truck driver is packing for the journey. You never know what you would need. But just for that reason, you cannot gather your entire belongings. You just need to pack the right things. Matrack incorporation presents you with the ultimate packing list, which every experienced truck driver swears by.
Baggage and Clothes: You will be on the road for 10 or more days. You cannot await on laundry as fewer truck stop offer that service. Before starting your trip, read the weather forecast for the days and areas you will be travelling, and prepare accordingly. Keep a warm coat and a rain jacket always at hand. Also, pack a pair of socks and a few extra handkerchief. Keep a separate bag for clothes that want to be washed. And do not forget your sunglasses for those sunny days.
Toiletries and medical kit: Although you can get a toothbrush at any truck stop, packing a small kit with necessities for shower and shaving will be more cost-saving. If you are on any medication, make sure that you take extra dosage, just to be prepared for any delay. You can also pack adult bath wipes, garbage bags, disinfectant wipes paper towels, as well as a small laundry kit.
Bedding: Truckers require rest. After having driven for longer periods of time, you will desire a comfortable place to sleep in. A blanket, comfy pillow and a change of sheets will do for a week’s travel.
Snacks: Profession of Trucking is not one of the healthiest one. You are often sitting in the seat of the driver. Also, most of the truck stops do not serve healthy food. So you can get one step closer to better health by packing healthier snacks like fresh fruit, protein bars, vegetables and hummus dip, mixed nuts, frozen fruit bars (if the truck has a fridge), beef jerky, and more. If you are more of a DIY enthusiast, you can also pack a crockpot, a small stove, some disposable plates and spoons, and make yourself a hot meal wherever you want.
Entertainment: Trucking is a pretty lonely job, and you definitely require entertainment. You can carry all your favorite songs and movies in your laptop. If you love reading books, having a few audio-books or keeping an e-reader will be better than carrying physical books. If you love photography, you can bring a small point-and-shoot camera, especially for those sunrises and sunsets. You can also invest in a good Bluetooth headset, if allowed by your company, and be in touch with your friends and family at all times.
Maps: Even though you have GPS and your smartphone, it is always advisable to have the atlas or map of the terrain you are going to travel. You might not get a phone or internet or Wi-Fi service everywhere, and a map will come in handy on such situation.
Money: Carry all the credit and debit cards you have. But also carry some cash and cheques for remotely situated areas.
Tool Kit: Your truck shall break down anywhere, and you will need to undertake minor repairs before help arrives. Also have a set of dependable gloves for handling the repairs.
Stationery: You will require a binder, to keep all documents at one place. Few pens and a small notebook will also help you keep track of things and make notes. You may also get a few envelopes to store receipts.
Charger: In modern times, we do not leave the house without our phones. So keep a battery pack and a charger for extra usage.
Paperwork: Most important thing – your paperwork. Keep copies of your identity proof, license, insurance cards, emergency contacts, medical certificates and prescriptions, and all of your CDL endorsements.
For the duration of your travel, the truck will be your second home. So go ahead and decorate it if you need. Keep a snow globe, a small succulent, and frames with pictures of your family – anything to make the cabin of your truck feel like your home.
There are no posted comments.
- Advise to All Gamblers: Play with the Limit
- WAYS TO CHANGE YOURSELF, AND SHAPE YOUR LIFE
- How to Live Independently and Enjoy the Simple Life
- Brands, What They Mean
- What Does Synthetic Marijuana Look Like?
- Five times Philantropist and businessman Faith Mensah Tekpor was generous with his money
- Benefits of Treadmills
- Learn About Bubble Hash from a Colorado Dispensary
- The Human Security Approach Would Contribute to Building Sustainable Peace for States and for the Global Level
- Inner-Peace in the Global Education System: Building Sustainable Well-being and Better Living Environment
- Dehumidifier Buying Guide
- The Best Dehumidifiers of 2021
- DO YOU HAVE A GOOD SLEEP QUALITY?
- The Economic Democracy Act: FAQ's Updated
- American Express Company (AmEx)
- Small-Souled Bugmen
- BEST REASONS TO BUY CIGARETTES AND CIGAR ONLINE
- How to Slow Aging (and even reverse it)
- 3 Tips of Getting a Luxury Life
- Why Darkness is Important for Cannabis Plants
- Bad Driving Habits
- Why China is Considered A Fashionably Advanced Country?
- How To Choose The Right Jeweller For You
- Magic Spells for love, money, success, protection, prosperity and good luck
- Social Phobia
- Tops 10 Model Women With Unique Facial features
- Men at 58
- Corporate Premium Gifts Supplier in Malaysia