Generic Zyrtec 100mg : A Less Allergy Drowsy Than Other Drugs
- Author George Whittington
- Published July 2, 2019
- Word count 460
When treating allergies, drowsiness is often linked to antihistamines that you take to control a runny nose, sneezing, and itchy/red nose and eyes. So, why do antihistamines make you drowsy?
Histamines are chemicals secreted by the immune system to combat allergens. In that process, they cause symptoms such as a runny nose, sneezing, and red or itchy eyes. Antihistamine medicines offer relief from these symptoms by blocking the effects of histamine.
Histamine is also secreted in the brain, where it produces a feeling of wakefulness. And antihistamines used to treat allergies related histamine secretion can get into the brain, making you feel a bit drowsy.
On the other hand, few antihistamines are less likely to cause drowsiness than other allergy drugs. However, reactions vary from one person to another. For instance, what relieves your allergy symptoms without making you drowsy may work differently for your friend.
Second-generation antihistamines, such as Generic Zyrtec (cetirizine) and Generic Claritin (Loratadine), are often marketed as non-sedating or non-drowsy allergy medications. They, in fact, cause less drowsiness than first-generation antihistamines, such as chlorphenamine and diphenhydramine (Benadryl). Another added advantage of using a second-generation antihistamine such as Generic Zyrtec is that it lasts longer than older ones.
To prevent daytime drowsiness, you can take Generic Zyrtec in the evening rather than in the morning. Most physicians recommend taking the second-generation antihistamines before going to bed because may help you sleep well, with drowsy effects wearing down by the next day.
However, you should be aware of the fact that drowsiness may last longer than you might expect. Also, some antihistamines can cause disturbing or vivid dreams. More importantly, do not drink alcohol when you are taking Generic Zyrtec because it will increase the sedation or drowsiness.
Apart from allergy medication, many cold and flu medications available to treat a runny nose and sneezing usually include first- or second-generation antihistamines, which may cause more sedation. A combination of flu, cold and allergy medications treat cold or flu symptoms by drying up a runny nose than the newer ones.
Because of their drowsy effect, allergy medicines with antihistamines, including Generic Zyrtec, are labeled for bedtime use. You must take this labeling seriously because some combinational medications such as doxylamine are more sedating than others. More is never better. You must read labels carefully and take only as advised.
If your allergy symptoms do not subside or persist for more than two weeks even after using over-the-counter Generic Zyrtec medication, it is better to see a certified allergist for a full and proper diagnosis.
Antihistamines, such as Generic Zyrtec 100mg, are intended for symptomatic relief. If the allergy medication is causing side effects that make you extremely dizzy or drowsy, you can check with your doctor for alternatives.
There are a variety of allergy medications; some cause drowsiness, some cause less drowsiness, while some do not. Generic Zyrtec, a medicine that contains cetirizine, is a non-drowsy allergy medication. However, in some people, it may cause mild dizziness. When compared to others, Generic Zyrtec makes you less drowsy.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?