Anti Slip Floor Coatings Make for Beautiful and Safe Spaces
- Author Ray Stobbart
- Published July 15, 2019
- Word count 638
Non-slip floor coatings are crucial for all places, be it indoors or outdoors. Slip and fall accidents are not only restricted to workplaces or commercial buildings, but it can also happen in your private home. These accidents may lead to serious injuries. Since it is not possible to always be careful whilst walking as life is extremely busy, a slip can happen to anybody. The ideal way to deal with this problem and avoid fall accidents is to apply an anti slip floor coating.
Non-slip floor coatings are important for homes, but more so in commercial places as if somebody slips and falls in the workplace, the business owner or the owner of the office will be facing a lawsuit. This can result in huge medical expenses, as well as, compensation. Moreover, the reputation of the company or restaurant will be at stake. In case the injury is severe, the company might even lose experienced and hardworking employees. Taking all of this into consideration, it can be said that it is vital to address maintenance and slip resistance of floors. This will enhance floor safety and prevent tripping and falling.
Benefits of anti slip floor coatings
Anti slip floor coatings make surfaces resistant to slipping and provides several advantages to prevent accidents in residential and commercial spaces. Non-slip floor coating for homes ensures that the residents including adults and kids are safe. As for commercial spaces, you can enjoy the following benefits:
Prevention of accidents, thereby, avoiding lawsuits and litigation, which results in saving money
Create a safe work environment for employees, staff, clients and visitors, and therefore, enhancing productivity
During the application of non-slip floor coating, there is minimum to no disruption of business activities as the whole process does not take very long
Slip resistant flooring helps to decrease the overall administration costs, protect the reputation of the company or workplace, enhance the lifespan of the floor surface and help to maintain the aesthetics.
Non-slip floor coating is a necessary slip resistance treatment for offices, commercial buildings, commercial kitchens and restaurants, private homes, schools, gyms and so on. A non-slippery floor makes sure that the people walking on it are safe.
How can you know that you need to apply non-slip floor coating?
One way to know if your floor is slippery is after an accident. However, for workplaces and commercial spaces, waiting for accident to happen is not a good idea. As such, the best way to find out if your floor surface is slippery is by carrying out a slip resistance test. In the UK, the pendulum slip test is the recommended and recognised test that even the courts accept. This test can be carried out on-site or you can send a little part of your floor to specialists for in-house testing.
The pendulum test is considered to be a standard anti slip floor test and it has been specifically designed to mimic someone’s heel strike to the point at which falls and slips occur. When someone’s heel touches a wet floor, a fluid film is formed between them and this is what causes a slip. This test shows results in wet conditions as it produces a similar fluid between the floor and the slider. The pendulum test can be used to accurately gauge the slip potential on dry and clean or even contaminated floors. It also works well with dry contaminants. This is the preferred method of testing as the test is portable and brilliantly works in conditions where accidents happen.
So, schedule a slip resistance test and make sure to only trust experienced specialists. If the test reveals that the PTV value of your floor is less than 36, you need to consider applying an anti slip floor coating. This will prevent accidents and give your floor surface a long life.
4Earth Solutions delivers cost-effective and high-quality anti slip floor coating solutions for residential and commercial spaces. They also provide a wide range of non-slip floor treatments for all types of floor surfaces, along with on-site or in-house pendulum slip test.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Solar Panel Installations are Good for the Environment?
- What You Must Consider Before Hiring Your Next Emergency Locksmith
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors Part 2
- Locksmith Friendswood Texas
- 7 Reasons to Choose Tiles for Your Home
- 6 Ways To Redesign Your Home After Covid-19
- Choosing the Right Basin for Your Bathroom
- Electrical Safety Tips & Hazards
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Maintenance Basics for Heat Pumps
- Types Of Humidifiers: Understanding The Pros And Cons
- HOW TO CHOOSE THE MAGNIFYING COSMETIC MIRROR
- Best Random Orbital Sanders for Woodworking
- What Questions to Ask When Choosing the Best Carpenter?
- How To Choose Interior Doors
- How To Size A Space Heater For Your Home
- Roof Replacement- 8 Critical Signs That Show You Need It
- Are You Looking for Remodeling Experts?
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- Casement window: great choice for wider view
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- What to do with unwanted furniture