Danger Alert – The sale of counterfeit safety equipment is rife in Australia
- Author Luciana Paroli
- Published July 10, 2019
- Word count 678
The number of fake, counterfeit safety equipment in the Australian market is alarming. A quick search on EBay Australia will bring up hundreds of potentially fake safety items.
For example, you will find safety respirators such as the 3M half-face respirators 6000 series for AU$9.29 plus $2.99 postage from Brisbane to Sydney (Jun 2019).
Shop For Safety, an online retailer of safety equipment, is an authorized 3M re-seller. Shop For Safety purchases their 3M products from Amare Safety, an authorized OHS products distributor for 3M in Australia.
Shop For Safety can purchase the 3M half-face respirator 6000 series for AU$28.96 each if they purchase 10 units or more, according to the owner Luciana Paroli. This is the cost without transport costs to get the box to Shop For Safety Sydney’s warehouse or any other overheads. $28.96 is the price for retailers on the current distributor’s catalogue.
On top of the transport cost and overheads, there is the postage cost out to the client. Shop For Safety sends over one hundred parcels a week. The lowest price they can get to send one of these items with Australia Post (500g standard parcel) between Sydney and Brisbane is AU$6.40.
Maybe other stores might send it for AU$5 with cheaper couriers, but $2.99 is just impossible because the item is relatively bulky. It cannot be sent as a letter.
Big chains like Bunnings can get 3M products a bit cheaper by purchasing it at wholesale price direct from 3M, but no small – medium resellers or stores can get the original 3M half-face respirators 6000 series for less than about AU$25 inc. GST in Australia.
So, how can anyone based in Australia sell it for half of that or even less?
There is only one possible answer: They are selling counterfeits, fake safety products sold as originals.
It is important to stress that this is not the same as buying a fake Gucci bag or some sort of fake designer clothing. The purchase of any fake items should not be condoned, but at least fake clothes or accessories are unlikely to put your life in danger.
To buy fake safety items is a VERY bad idea, which might lead to seriously bad consequences.
Safety items are meant to protect employees from dangers presented by the type of work performed.
Renowned Manufacturing companies spend hundreds of thousands of dollars on research and development of their safety products. Their production lines have strict procedures and protocols to make sure their final products meet Australian and International standards. They also have high quality standards.
A counterfeit safety product will never have the same quality standards; this is one of the reasons why they can be sold so cheap. Factories that produce counterfeit safety products use lower quality materials, which might malfunction when you need them the most.
There is a belief that factories used to manufacturer safety equipment for big brands produce more and sell them in the black market, so products are not actually fake items. This might be true for a very small number of cases, but overall, the majority of cheaper versions are just fake products made in a different factory or someone’s backyard shed with lower standards.
How lower? It will be your own risk to find out if you decide to purchase a fake safety item or an "original" that costs half of the price the other stores are selling it for.
Respirator systems are meant to protect the worker‘s respiratory system from fumes, smoke, asbestos and other dangerous vapors, which might be present at workplaces. A counterfeit respirator might not be actually protecting the user, it might be just a piece of junk attached to their face and giving them the illusion to be protected.
The counterfeit respirator mask might not seal properly and allow un-filtered fumes into the worker’s lungs.
Everyone has the right to be safe while working in Australia so don’t cut corners and enter on a race to the bottom for the cheapest safety items.
Why risk it? Buy original items from authorized re-sellers and be safe!
For original respiratory devices, visit: https://www.shop4safety.com.au/product-category/work-safety/respiratory-devices/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Disassemble Furniture When Moving House?
- Exceptional best removal services in Robina
- Reasons to Try Live Stream Demo for Your Next Office Equipment Purchase
- Marijan Koturic, Your Real Estate Agent In Mississagua
- Best Clipping Path Service Provider | PixiGraphics
- THE #1 SHINGLE ROOF INSTALLER
- All About Clipping Path
- FIFA 20 De Rossi end of an era card leaks in the game
- Top 10 Low Budget Living Room Interior Decor Ideas
- The Key to Hire an Effective Virtual Assistant
- Curl Joining Process for Galvanizing Lines - Welding Galvanized Steel
- San Diego Chapter 11 Bankruptcy Attorney
- Benefits Of Hiring Shop Cleaning Services
- Affected by the COVID-19: the Global Seamless Steel Pipe Plant Has Reduced its Output to Upgrade
- Why You Should Hire Cleaning Services?
- How Is Regular Traditional Prototyping Different Than Rapid Prototyping?
- Tips to buy a good mobile at low price
- Criteria in Selecting English-to-French Translation Services
- MLM Software migration guidelines
- How to Recycle Old Electronics?
- How do I set up QuickBooks Online Backup?
- The majority of businesses have buildings which need maintenance
- A Lot Of The Services Required For Your Business Can Be Outsourced
- Features Of Using An Audio Translation Service
- Tips to Choosing a Manuscript Typing Service Provider
- Things to Consider When Choosing Rush Transcription Services
- 4 Tips When Choosing a Document Translation Service
- Bus Chartering Services in Singapore
- What is image clipping path and Clipping Path Services?
- Mastering Clipping Path is the decisive game changer for photo editors