5 things to do before the big move
- Author Amy Hargreaves
- Published August 19, 2019
- Word count 569
Buying a new home is an exciting time in everyone’s lives. Whether it is your first home, or your 10th, it’s a new start, a new place to create memories, and a chance to decorate again. But sometimes all the exciting parts of moving home can be overruled by the stress, the organisation, and the planning. From organising and choosing a removal van company, to making sure to tell your bank, and the packing! It doesn’t have to be that way, with our simple 5 step guide of moving home you can become excited again and less stressed about the all of the little things.
Out with the old, in with the new
Life can fly by, can’t it? We understand that one day you're planning something and the next it’s come around in what seems like a day.
With the big move around the corner, organisation is crucial. From packing up the items you will move with into boxes to maybe getting rid of some unnecessary clutter.
No one wants to move into a home and have an instant mess when they unpack. The big move can be seen as a great time to package up some items that you don’t need anymore.
We know it can be hard, but trust us, it will be worth it.
Redirect to your new life
When you’re in your new home after a big move all you’re going to want to do is just sit back and relax, so avoid the nightmare of tracking down your old life and update or redirect everything before the move. Specifically:
Save the chasing and redirect your mail. You don’t want to miss out on anything!
Mention to your bank that you are moving home and save your pin getting into the wrong hands.
Update your driving license with the new details- it can cost up to a £1000 if you don’t tell the DVLA!
Of course, these little things don’t need to get in way of some well-deserved relaxation.
The all-important insurance
Something that could easily be forgotten, but god forbid if anything happened you would sure know about it. For peace of mind ensure this is done before you move in, whether you need to buy new insurance or simply transfer over to your new address, it will be one less thing to check of your list and one step closer to peace of mind.
Don’t forget the water and gas
Make sure to take a reading of your water, gas and electricity meters and notify your suppliers. This is one you won’t regret doing- no one wants to be billed for something they haven’t used.
If you are switching suppliers, have a shop around as this could be a great chance to drop your monthly outgoings.
The big move
Finally, the move has arrived, but one last thing... how will you be getting from A to B? With all the costs adding up to a house move you want someone who’s affordable but reliable and you know just the person... you!
Self hire vans for home removals is one of the best ways to finish your move, leaving when you want to and relying only on yourself, missing out all of the unnecessary added moving parts, plus it can save you a considerable amount of money.
There are no posted comments.
- Navigating Global Trade: A Beginner's Guide to Finding Reliable Importer Data
- Expert Garage Door and Gate Repair and Installation in Redmond: Keeping Your Access Secure
- From Paper to Digital: Transforming QA with Dynamics 365 Business Central
- The Impact of Maternal Narcissism: Healing Wounds from Childhood
- 3 Ways Your Smile Can Help Your Career
- Mandarin Oriental Hotels Announces Opening of Mandarin Oriental Bolidhuffaru in the Maldives 2025
- What are the Key Responsibilities of a Sports Nutritionist?
- Experts On Call: Your Ultimate Solution for Reliable Service Professionals in Australia
- J. David Tax Law: Your Top Tax Levy Lawyer in North Carolina
- Who Can Garnish Tax Refunds: Your Questions Answered
- Top 5 Anti-Aging Skincare Ingredients That Work
- Read About The Faqs Of Careprost!
- Unlock the Secrets to Handling a North Carolina Notice of Deficiency
- Exquisite Nuptials Abroad: A Romantic Odyssey Through the Charm of France, Italy, and Spain
- Using Leaky Feeders for Communication
- From Adoration to Control: Unmasking the Tactics of Love Bombing
- Reclaiming Your Voice: Finding Empowerment After Divorcing a Narcissistic Spouse
- Discover Unmatched Quality and Service with Great Value Garage: Tacoma largest Garage Door Company chooses you.
- Navigating the Dynamic Landscape of Hot Trends in SMM Panels
- Careprost Vs Latisse: Which Lash Enhancer Reigns Supreme?
- Rustic woodgrain farmhouse cottage with vintage carved barn doors
- The Top 5 Anti-Aging Ingredients That Actually Work For Your Skin
- The woman who looked down on her husband: African Folklore, a Story my Father Told me
- Bridal Glow-Up: Tanning Tips and Services for Hills District Brides
- The Ultimate Guide to Eyelash Extension Care: Tips for Long-Lasting Lashes
- Navigating Challenging Business Conditions: The Power of Strategic Marketing
- Shifting from Fossil Fuels to Renewable Energy – Using Sustainable Technologies
- Exploring Paris: A Journey Through Time and Culture
- The Ultimate Guide to Color Grading: Techniques and Tools for Beginners
- The Connection Between Sleep Apnea and Cardiovascular Disease