What to Look For when Hiring a Small Business SEO Company
- Author Steve Harris
- Published August 9, 2019
- Word count 812
Hiring an SEO company could be a daunting task for some small business owners. The previous statement is true especially when it's their first time hiring and trusting someone with their online rankings.
Let's face it. Online rankings are very important to manage because they are basically your business reputation. The more positive reviews you get or the more keywords you rank on top page, the more people trust you.
Here are the things you need to look for when hiring an SEO company for your small business websites:
Ask about their clients and see if you can contact them as references. Most SEO companies are happy to give several of their clients contact info as references. When contacting the clients make sure you ask what they think about the SEO company you are hiring.
Getting some insights into clients' experience will help you figure out whether or not to hire the SEO company. What makes them happy? What makes them upset?
Current Ranked Keywords
This is related to the first point above but it is worth mentioning that you should ask for the company's ability to rank keywords. What are their clients' keywords that are ranking? Are they similar to what you have in mind?
For example, if you are a dentist in Houston, TX, it is a good idea to work with someone who has experience in working with dental or local websites.
Make sure the SEO company can provide you with stats and analytics about the keywords they help rank. For example, how many searches per month?
Look for their online reviews. What are their SEO clients saying about the company? Nowadays, online reviews are very important. A study shows 9 out of 10 people see online reviews are as important as personal recommendations and they tend to spend more money on businesses they see as trustworthy.
A good SEO company should have some good reviews from their past and current clients. Make sure you also read the testimonials that are left by clients and decide if hiring the company is worth your investment. Look for red flags (if any) from their clients.
Keep in mind, reviews could be faked. I'm not saying to discredit all the reviews, but maintain your perspective when reading online reviews. As you dig deeper, you will eventually get a good idea about what other people think of the company.
While being able to rank certain keywords is a must-have skill for an SEO company, it is also equally important to know the right techniques to do so. Dealing with a bad SEO company could cause your website to get banned by Google and other search engines.
Good SEO companies will never jeopardize your website by doing shady SEO techniques that could get your website banned although some companies might put your website in trouble inadvertently.
Make sure the company you're hiring is capable. They must only use "white-hat" SEO techniques and avoid "black-hat" or shady SEO that could cause you time and money.
Make sure you understand how the SEO company is going to provide you with updates about the project. A good update is something that's easy for you to understand and regularly shared. At a minimum, you should get an update every month about your website's rankings and improvements.
Most SEO reports include the following data:
Activities: how many emails they send? How many articles they write?
Traffic numbers: number of visitors from search engines and/or others
Current rankings: these are the rankings that your website currently has
Communication is very key when hiring a company to work with. Make sure you pay attention to their communication skill. Are they being punctual in replying your messages? A good SEO company must have a great communication skill and be organized because part of "white-hat" SEO is getting backlinks.
In the process, an SEO company must reach out to other website owners to share their clients' content. Finding possible websites, contacting them, and following up are very repetitive and boring tasks. You can see how being able to communicate well and get organized are key to the success of your SEO campaign.
Hiring an SEO company to improve your rankings is a big step in the right direction if you want to get more leads for your business websites. Having said that, choosing a company to do the job shouldn't be rushed and taken lightly. Make sure you take your time to pick the best company based on their skills, techniques, and other criteria.
A good SEO company could help you grow your business by managing your online reputation and finding great keywords to target for your website. The fact is there are millions of people use Google and other search engines to search for something. Does your website come up? Consider getting a free SEO audit today.
Steve Harris is a freelance writer. He loves working at an SEO company on his company and personal blog. In his free time, Steve likes to read books about personal development and time management.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- How SEO and digital marketing can help you to build your own successful business
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Types of Certifications for Digital Marketing
- The WHO and WHAT of Virtual Assistance
- How to make a Picture out of text your way of healing the world
- Tips And Advice To Improve Search Engine Optimisation
- Business Card Statistics in a Digital and Social World
- The Evolution of My Personal Choice of Music
- Experience Luxury Dining Inside the Queen of the Skies
- A Valuable Lesson to Learn From Photography
- PANDEMIC WHEREABOUTS? WHERE ARE YOU EXACTLY?
- The Importance of Empathy-Based Marketing
- Seeing the Power of the Checkbox Guardian in Action
- The Deceving Plague That's Been Haunting Internet Users For Many Years
- The Only Reason Why I Like the U.S. President
- Branding Agency in Hyderabad
- The Power of Red Velvet Ropes
- Brand Marketing During Coronavirus: What You Need to Know
- How to Bypass Shameful Fake Scarcity Tactics Used By Internet Business Mentors
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You