Industrial Decor Style - 5 Ways to Incorporate This Style in Your Home
- Author Alecia Patterson
- Published August 21, 2019
- Word count 717
Industrial décor Style is all about being mature and rustic. The industrial-style décor greatly emphasizes the liberal use of distressed wooden elements and exposed steel that is most often complemented by exposed brick walls. However, depending upon your liking and personality, it can range from rugged vintage to modern rustic with cleaner lines with elaborate ornamentations.
The bold choice for furniture
For the genuine industrial décor look, at least one wooden table is a must-have whether it's a dining table, end table or a coffee table. Industrial style furniture emphasizes heavily on exposed steel elements, sleek chrome or coppers and raw or unfinished wood. A table can have exposed steel legs even if it's constructed all with the wood. The new trend of using reinforced concrete is gaining much popularity since recent times and looks incredible in appearance as well. Industrial chairs and sofas look great when made in a leather finish. However, for those who dislike leather finish can opt for linen upholstered chairs and sofas that look striking equally.
Industrial lighting (Modern vs Vintage)
Industrial décor style lighting primarily comes in two categories:
Modern- geometrical designs that come with grainy or brushed steel
Vintage- Old-world charm inspired lamps with flippant details and ornamentations
Also, one of the critical components that are often overlooked for industrial décor style lighting is the use of ceiling lamps that can be a single statement piece or a series of them.
Industrial bedroom décor
Industrial bedrooms exude cool and calm. The best way to experience the house-in-an-old-factory vibe is to include iron finishes, unpolished floors to add the artist's creativity and exposed brick walls. When all such elements come all together, it looks sophisticated, fresh and elegant. There are plenty of bed style options that will complement your industrial décor equally that ranges from exposed steel frame dressers to rustic wooden beds. The old-school furniture looks divine when embraced with contrast and combined with some add-ons such as a wood pallet that takes the whole industrial décor look to the next level. You can also mix the industrial designs with some modern touch to create an updated and fresh vibe that feels inviting and warm. The industrial night stands are brilliantly made of wood and combined with the metal or pipe stands and ultimately enhances the industrial vibe.
Industrial storage for organization
For the best industrial storage solution, find yourself something that is both aesthetically appealing and practical as well. From the sturdy modern industrial style to the raw charm of vintage originals, you always have something to keep your guests spellbound with their presence. There are plenty of options to choose from; some of the shortlisted are:
A 50's shelving trolley: an ideal thing that enables flexible living and is useful at the same time. From moving books to kitchen crockery, it is a perfect choice for storing and moving such things.
A metal storage unit: This is a perfect way to hide away letters, stationery and much more in a creative way by introducing this unit to your space that will brighten it up with its vintage appearance.
Industrial vintage locker: the charm, the simplicity and the character, all in one.
A metal plate rack: This is a great way to add an industrial-chic edge in addition to providing storage of your kitchen items.
The options are vast when it comes to industrial décor style organization and storage such as ladder shoe rack, distressed wooden crate spice rack, bathroom storage rack and vintage utensil storage etc.
Industrial shelving is a great way to add a bit of industrial style to your decor and creating a clutter free environment. Industrial shelving usually have a pipe fitting base or some kind of rustic metal. We suggest using it in your kitchen rather than upper cabinets to add a modern clean lined clutter free touch. Use shelving anywhere you would like to accessorize as well such as in your living space, bedroom bathroom or study. The sky is the limit when it comes to industrial shelving.
Well there you have it! Industrial style is all about function and incorporating the old with the new. We hope this article will help you create and incorporate industrial style into your home.
About the Author
Alecia has always been passionate about Interior design as long as she can remember. She also studied interior design and has been an interior designer for over 19 years.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Mount a TV Safely
- What is Paint and How Does it Work - A Deep Dive Into The Makings Of Paint
- The different types of comfortable bathtubs that your body craves for
- How To Create Your At-Home Office
- Where to Use Advantages Of Copper Tiles
- Why invest in motorised curtain tracks and blinds?
- Halloween Party Tips - Must-Have Things For A Halloween Party.
- The Ultimate Guide to The Good Toilet
- For what we need backsplash in kitchen?
- Simple and Easy Residential Interior Design Ideas
- Industrial and Decorative Uses Of Copper
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer
- Blinds - A Breakdown of 10 Type of Blinds
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- The unique beauty of backsplash tiles
- Furniture Ideas for Small Space
- Exquisite and Custom Interior Design With a Professional Company
- How to arrange your bathroom?
- 3 Things I Love About Cabin Decor
- Sophisticated Cabin Decor Ideas
- Home Décor and Functional Utilization Ideas with Hallway Benches
- Guest Bedroom Decoration Ideas
- A Rug Adds a Touch of Beauty to Your Room
- Five Design Ideas For Your Living Room
- Top 10 Bohemian Décor Ideas
- Why Having A Great Office Interior Design Matters
- How to Feminize Your Cabin Decor
- The Lazy Man’s Guide to Cabin Decor
- Guaranteed No Stress Cabin Decor