When is the right time to replace your roof?
- Author Amy Hargreaves
- Published August 14, 2019
- Word count 446
We’re all guilty of overlooking issues around our home. When a problem is out of sight, we convince ourselves that it’ll go away and pose no threat to our wallets. Such complacency, however, can often lead to more costly bills. This is never truer than when it comes to the roofs over our heads.
Unlike plumbing or structural problems, it’s not always easy to know that your roof needs some attention. For this reason, we’ve put together a short list of things that suggest you need to take a look above you.
Sunlight from your attic
If the light can get in, so can everything else. This may be a case of some small roof repairs, or you could be in need of a new roof.
The roof is sagging
This can be a major issue and will need to be rectified immediately. If you can see your roof slightly sagging, this could be a sign of structural damage, possibly leading to your roof collapsing.
If you are finding various water marks on your ceiling, there could well be a leak in your roof. If you have found patches of water, be sure to check your roof to see if this is the case.
Loose roof tiles
Make a habit of checking your roof at least once a year. If you find that your tiles are a little loose, look into replacing these before any further damage occurs.
Check the age
Roofs are made to last for years. However, they will need to be replaced after a certain amount of time. Check the age of your roof to see if it will need replacing. If your roof is over 15 years old, it’s definitely worth having a professional to review your structure.
Did you know that if your roof is not properly insulated at least 25% of heat is being lost?
So, what do you need to think about if you’re getting a new roof?
When you’re getting a brand-new roof, make sure that it’s fully insulated. This will only help with your bills in the long run.
We love to look at nice things, but make sure your roof is durable for the next 15+ years and not just easy on the eye.
Look into what roofing materials and styles are best for where you live, ensuring they can keep up with the weather and climate.
As well as this, research your roofing contractors. Make sure they are the right company for the job as roofs can cost a fair amount of money and you don’t want to spend more for a substandard job.
There are no posted comments.
- Rustic woodgrain farmhouse cottage with vintage carved barn doors
- holistic garden sanctuary, buddha statues
- Vintage rustic wood credenzas
- Nature carved Barn Doors
- 7 things you must know before building, extending or renovating your home.
- The Impact of Electrical Upgrades on Home Resale Value in Australia
- Rodent-Proofing Your Home: Tips and Tricks
- How Much Does House Removal Cost in Australia? Understanding Your Moving Budget
- Advantages of Using Ceramic and Porcelain Tiles at Home and Commercial Places
- Culinary Chronicles: A Journey Through Kitchen Renovations
- The Advantages of Using a Professional Cleaner in Liverpool
- Crafting Culinary Sanctuaries: The Poetic Essence of Kitchen Remodeling
- The Importance of Using Professional Tilers for Regrouting Bathroom Tiles
- Making Eco-Conscious Decisions in Home Renovations
- Advantages of Engaging Expert Home Cleaners in Bournemouth
- How To Declutter Your Home - In 5 Simple Steps
- Enhancing Comfort and Efficiency: Tri-County Heating and Air's HVAC Expertise
- Artistic Carved Door Panels
- Rustic Carved Sliding barndoors
- Exploring the Advantages of Hiring Professional Home Cleaners in King's Lynn
- Discovering the Perks of Professional House Cleaning in Stoke-on-Trent
- Rustic Elegance of Vintage Furniture
- Natures Harmony Collection of Carved Doors
- The Advantages of Using Professional Cleaners in Bolton
- Embracing the Perks of Professional Home Cleaning in Caerphilly
- Discovering the Benefits of Professional Home Cleaning in Merthyr Tydfil
- The Advantages of Using Professional Cleaners in Newport
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Carpet Cleaner in Plymouth
- The Advantages of Hiring a Professional Cleaner in Plymouth
- Seasonal Home Maintenance: Preparing Your Home for Each Season