The Myths vs Facts of the Chiropractic World
- Author Emily Smith
- Published August 25, 2019
- Word count 481
Unfortunately, chiropractic care is still subject to a certain amount of stigma. So much so, that the myths and facts about this type of medical care have blurred into one. We’re here to help put the most typical rumours to bed and highlight the underlying truth. You just might find that chiropractic care is the best option for relieving your pain.
Common myths about chiropractic care:
• Chiropractors can only relieve back pain.
The correct definition of a chiropractor is "someone who carries out diagnosis and manipulative treatment for the misalignments of joints" – Oxford dictionary. To put it simply, whilst a chiropractor is more than qualified to treat your back and spine, any area of the anatomy that experiences pain can generally be diagnosed and tended to by a chiropractor.
• "What is it? A massage?".
False, again. Although massage therapy is a technique used by chiropractors, it’s often reserved for targeted areas that are tight and cause pain. Intricate procedures such as Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT), Myofascial Release, and Dry Needling are widely used in chiropractic clinics for more severe and life-altering forms of pain.
• Chiropractic care is only available for adults.
Remarkably, many people believe chiropractic care is only an option for adults due to paying this type of care. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, chiropractic care is often advised for children as a safe and effective option to aid their recovery.
True chiropractor facts:
• Overcome the pain.
When you attend an initial consultation, the chiropractor should make it their mission to find and address the cause of the pain. As opposed to only suggesting an option to manage and live with it.
• Bespoke treatments for your needs.
Following on from the previous point, once the chiropractor has been able to diagnose the issue, they’ll be able to decide on the best technique based on your body capabilities, lifestyle, and intensity of pain. Therefore, the chosen technique for you should return the best results.
• Drug-free, organic and non-invasive management.
One of the nicest qualities about chiropractic care is the avoidance of using drug-based medicines and intrusive examinations. Typically, parents prefer chiropractic care for their child instead of relying on non-organic medicines.
• Improves mental health.
Not only do chiropractic treatments improve physical health, but the result of this can help to improve one’s mental health. Whether that’s because a long-term pain has been dragging you down, because you learn how to breathe correctly and adjust posture appropriately, or because your injury has been preventing you from getting involved in sports and activities. The benefits of chiropractic care fail to stop at the physical being.
With chiropractic care not being recognised as an "NHS-worthy" type of care, it’s hard to shake the assumptions. Nevertheless, a little bit of guidance and research are guaranteed to help you better understand this alternative medicine.
This article was written by Anglia Chiropractic Healthcare, a qualified and experienced chiropractic clinic in Norwich: https://www.angliachiropractic.co.uk/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- NJ Medical Marijuana Got Cheaper in July 2020
- Clinical Equipment Makers Fight To Fulfill Local Request Amid Of Coronavirus Flare-Up
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- What to do when you have a Toothache
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?