The Myths vs Facts of the Chiropractic World
- Author Emily Smith
- Published August 25, 2019
- Word count 481
Unfortunately, chiropractic care is still subject to a certain amount of stigma. So much so, that the myths and facts about this type of medical care have blurred into one. We’re here to help put the most typical rumours to bed and highlight the underlying truth. You just might find that chiropractic care is the best option for relieving your pain.
Common myths about chiropractic care:
• Chiropractors can only relieve back pain.
The correct definition of a chiropractor is "someone who carries out diagnosis and manipulative treatment for the misalignments of joints" – Oxford dictionary. To put it simply, whilst a chiropractor is more than qualified to treat your back and spine, any area of the anatomy that experiences pain can generally be diagnosed and tended to by a chiropractor.
• "What is it? A massage?".
False, again. Although massage therapy is a technique used by chiropractors, it’s often reserved for targeted areas that are tight and cause pain. Intricate procedures such as Sacro Occipital Technique (SOT), Myofascial Release, and Dry Needling are widely used in chiropractic clinics for more severe and life-altering forms of pain.
• Chiropractic care is only available for adults.
Remarkably, many people believe chiropractic care is only an option for adults due to paying this type of care. However, this couldn’t be further from the truth. In fact, chiropractic care is often advised for children as a safe and effective option to aid their recovery.
True chiropractor facts:
• Overcome the pain.
When you attend an initial consultation, the chiropractor should make it their mission to find and address the cause of the pain. As opposed to only suggesting an option to manage and live with it.
• Bespoke treatments for your needs.
Following on from the previous point, once the chiropractor has been able to diagnose the issue, they’ll be able to decide on the best technique based on your body capabilities, lifestyle, and intensity of pain. Therefore, the chosen technique for you should return the best results.
• Drug-free, organic and non-invasive management.
One of the nicest qualities about chiropractic care is the avoidance of using drug-based medicines and intrusive examinations. Typically, parents prefer chiropractic care for their child instead of relying on non-organic medicines.
• Improves mental health.
Not only do chiropractic treatments improve physical health, but the result of this can help to improve one’s mental health. Whether that’s because a long-term pain has been dragging you down, because you learn how to breathe correctly and adjust posture appropriately, or because your injury has been preventing you from getting involved in sports and activities. The benefits of chiropractic care fail to stop at the physical being.
With chiropractic care not being recognised as an "NHS-worthy" type of care, it’s hard to shake the assumptions. Nevertheless, a little bit of guidance and research are guaranteed to help you better understand this alternative medicine.
There are no posted comments.
- Childhood Anxiety: Navigating Challenges with KinderCure's Expert Guidance
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Combating Childhood Obesity in India: Strategies and Success Stories from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Understanding the Importance of Early Childhood Nutrition: Insights from KinderCure
- Diaper Rash: Prevention, Treatment, and When to See a Doctor
- Chiropractic Treatment for Neck Pain and Nerve Pain Syndromes
- Revolutionizing Healthcare: The Personalized Power of Precision Medicine
- How Dentists Are Using Virtual Reality To Ease Dental Anxiety
- How to Use Careprost to Enhance Eyelash and Eyebrow
- 10 Benefits of a Folding Mobility Scooter
- Unlocking the Potential: A Guide on Utilizing Bulk HHC Distillate
- Bio-Resonance and Children's Health
- Ibuprofen: A Quick and Effective Solution for Lower Back Pain Relief
- THE NEUROSCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF DECISION MAKING: Well-Being in Patients with Anxiety Disorder and Depression
- Urgent Primary Care: Your Lifeline in Critical Moments
- 10 Great Reasons To Try Chinese Medicine Acupuncture for Fertility
- The Vital Role of Audience Understanding in Healthcare Marketing
- Cataracts: Clouding of Vision
- How to get a medical marijuana card online in Ohio
- Why live a Holistic Lifestyle?
- IMMUNOLOGICAL FACTORS AND TESTING IN REPRODUCTIVE FAILURE (IVF trials and miscarriages)
- The Role of NK Cell Activation in unexplained Infertility, Miscarriages, and Failed In Vitro Fertilization
- Reproductive Coercion Has Impacted 50% Of Women Age 18-44, Suggests New Poll
- Panadol the ultimate pain relief
- Advancing Cardiac Care: The Role of EKG in Diagnosing Heart Conditions
- Eyelashes Strengthening After Extension Using Careprost
- Understanding the Importance of Preventative Care for Adults and Seniors.