Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You Glossary — Characters, Release Dates, Synopsis, Trailers
- Author Limarc Ambalina
- Published September 28, 2019
- Word count 700
With Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You now playing in Japan, Indonesia, The Philippines, Australia, and more countries to come, the hype around Shinkai's latest film is starting to heat up even more. Some readers on Japan Bound have even stated that the film is better than Kimi No Na Wa, despite my own thoughts on that topic.
For those anxiously anticipating Weathering With You's release, this glossary is a one-stop shop for everything you need to know about the film including characters, release dates in various countries, synopsis, and trailers.
Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You Main Character List:
A young boy of 15 years old who runs away from his rural home on an isolated island of Japan to the metropolis of Tokyo. We are not told explicitly why Hodaka runs away from home. The police are looking for him and start to close in on him in Tokyo. Hodaka is an impulsive boy with a good heart who gets himself into trouble with his reckless actions.
Hina is the heroine of the film who at first tells Hodaka she is 17 years old. However, Hodaka later learns that she lied about her age. At the beginning of the film, Hina sits in a hospital room with her dying mother. She sees a mysterious light and follows it. What she finds changes her forever. Hina lives alone in an apartment with her younger brother. Although she is still a minor, she works part time jobs instead of attending school to make ends meet for her and her brother.
Hina's elementary-school-aged younger brother who seems to be very popular with girls his age. He has a way with the ladies and plays on a soccer team. Also known as Nagi in the film, Nagisa helps Hodaka and Hina in their quests to clear the rainy skies of Tokyo.
A middle-aged man who Hodaka meets on the ferry into Tokyo. In a flash storm, the boat sways and Hodaka loses his balance, almost falling off of the ship. Keisuke grabs his hand and saves him. Hodaka buys Keisuke dinner to thank him and Keisuke gives Hodaka his business card.
Hodaka earns that Keisuke runs an occult magazine that reports on all things supernatural. Keisuke hires Hodaka and provides him room and board. Keisuke is also a single father and widower.
A beautiful college student who Hodaka meets at Keisuke's office/home. At first, Hodaka mistakes Natsume as Keisuke's lover, but later learns that she is his niece. She and Hodaka work at the magazine together, interviewing people, writing articles, and running errands.
Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You Synopsis
Weathering With You is about a young 15-year-old boy named Hodaka who runs away from his rural island home to the metropolis of Tokyo. Down on his luck, he meets Hina, a girl with the mysterious ability to stop the rain from falling. Nicknamed the 100% Sunshine Girl, Hina and Hodaka embark on a quest to brighten people's hearts by selling her ability to control the weather as a service.
Everyone from young brides on their wedding day to school children who just want to play outside hire her services. However, the two quickly learn that controlling the weather comes with irreversible consequences that will change their lives and possible the face of the earth forever.
Want to know the full Weathering With You story? Read the full Tenki No Ko scene-by-scene film synopsis here.
Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You Release Dates
This list will be updated as more information comes available. If you know of a release date not mentioned below, please let us know via comment at the bottom of this article.
Weathering With You Release Dates Worldwide:
Australia - August 22, 2019
Indonesia - August 21, 2019
Japan - July 19th, 2019
North America - Early 2020
The Philippines - August 28th, 2019
United Kingdom - Early 2020
If you're interested in seeing more Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You previews, or other videos, check out Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You all Trailers, Commercials, and Preview Videos.
Is there anything you'd like to see added to this glossary? Let me and my readers know in the comments below!
There are no posted comments.
- Where to Watch Kimi No Na Wa Online (Your Name)
- FREE BEGINNER GUITAR FAST TRACK - Learn Guitar Basics Online
- The Complete Guide to Makoto Shinkai's Best Movies
- Untold facts about Whitney Scott Mathers, Eminem's adopted Daughter
- The Reason why Irina Shayk Hates Lady Gaga
- 7 Things You Must Know About Robert Downey Jr
- 5 Best Kids Anime
- Top 5 High School Romance Anime Every Otaku Must See
- Gangster Films
- Twisted a.k.a. Psycho ex-girlfriend FIlm Review
- Joker (2019): an affresco of madness
- The Reasons Why Video Marketing Must Be The Next Step In Your Business
- Drone Aerial Filming of Downton Abbey The Movie (release date 13/09/19 UK)
- If Tom Cruise wet the bed last night, is Roger Ebert's review of Minority Report still valid?
- Superman Returns (2006) review: good teaches evil to believe in itself
- Nocturnal Animals review: experiences that come to life, so that they can reject themselves
- I Know What You Did Last Summer (1997): film review
- The true meaning of The Phantom Menace, and why it failed
- The Sentinel (1977): review
- If Halloween 6 won Best Picture, in 1996, would mathematics have been decimated?
- The Last Jedi review (a remake of Tom Ford's Nocturnal Animals)
- Annabelle Creation: an analysis
- The Grand Opening of Aquaman
- Getting ready for the Avengers Infinity Wars premier
- Everything You Ever Wanted to Know About Freesat
- MCU, DCU Role Reversal 2020
- Canadian Film Tax Incentives – Still In The Game
- The Importance of Film Tax Incentives Today
- Feeling Luck Punks? Hollywood's Hard Men