3 Easy Ways To Get Started With you Social Media Marketing Agency
- Author Ollie Brazier
- Published October 5, 2019
- Word count 546
3 Ways To Get Started With you Social Media Marketing Agency
Getting started with your social media marketing agency is a daunting task for any aspiring entrepreneur. Signing your first client is even harder. So where do you start? You have little to no experience and currently don’t have any reviews or case studies to show potential clients. So here’s how I started 6 years ago and these are the lessons I learnt along the way.
- Family and friends
Use the people closest to you in your inner circle. This is arguably the best way to get started with any business selling any product or delivering any service. I personally contacted close family friends and told them about my new social media marketing agency I was setting up. I picked up my first client and charged $100 per month to manage their social media. I spent countless hours working incredibly hard for my first client to show them what I could do and slowly build my experience. The family friend had just started a business and so was more than happy to give me a chance to help them out and grow their business through social media. It was the break I needed and something that massively contributed towards me getting off the ground with my own new business.
Businesses constantly offer free events, seminars, webinars, meet and greets. Attend them all and get your name out there. Building trust is essential and people are 100 times more likely to work with you if they meet you in person over you cold calling them or sending them an email along with the hundreds of other emails, they receive from people trying to sell them something. Build your business relationships, take opportunities that are presented to you and show up when you are invited. This is an incredibly easy and free way to market your name to business owners and potential collaborative partners. I’m still reaping the reward from relationships I formed years ago.
- Facebook groups.
The engagement in Facebook groups is electric compared to traditional Facebook business pages. The feeling of exclusivity encourages people to be so much more involved and willing to communicate within the group. This is something I failed to do when starting my social media marketing agency and something I wish I’d of known about at the time. Theirs now hundreds of groups on Facebook all full of potential businesses you could work with. It’s important to keep in mind that you should be going into these groups with the intention of providing value, not to sell. Offer advice to people asking questions, provide your opinions and share your experience, people may ask you for further information which presents your window of opportunity to sell. Groups on Facebook continue to grow and so the number of potential clients you could tap into also continues to grow with it.
So there you have it, 3 tips I wish I’d of been told at the start of my journey in building my social media marketing agency. Had I of been made aware of the 3 key points above, I believe I would have been able to fast track a lot of the progress I have made in a much shorter amount of time.
Ollie is New Zealand's number one rated social media marketer and the top 37 worldwide. Ollie runs Oxygen Media, a social media marketing agency in Auckland New Zealand.
www.facebook.com/oxygenmediaArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Build a Crisis Response Landing Page
- How I Awoken My Inner Mr. Hyde
- Here's a Riddle For You
- A Laughable Moment That Teaches You How Not to Take Self-responsibility
- Your Guide to Paid Marketing During COVID-19
- Population and infrastructure in Long Thanh positively affects land prices in 2020!
- Turn Photo to Text and Display It at Your Wedding
- 3 eCommerce Challenges & Solutions for Tough Times
- Why giveaway promotional gift items?
- Getting Started with Google Ads
- 3 Tools You Should Master in Digital Marketing
- 5 Important Factors to Consider When Building Backlinks
- Basics of Keyword Research
- 17 Strategic Business Pivots to Make in the Time of COVID-19
- How to Craft Your Unique Business Story That Will Make You Shine and Put Your Competitors in the Shadows
- 4 Marketing Strategies for the COVID-19 Crisis
- Business Building Using Stories
- 4 Ways To Sell Services In A Slow Economy
- How to Pivot Your Small Business Strategy During the COVID-19 Crisis
- How a Visit to the Dentist Taught Me a Valuable Marketing Lesson
- Hiring an Online Marketing Agency to Grow Your Business
- The Biggest Web Copy Mistake Most Small Businesses Make
- How to Write Copy Like the OG Copywriters
- How to Write Better Emails
- Graphic design in Nepal
- Why Not Enough Authors Use Email To Market Themselves
- Should You Stop Marketing During COVID-19?
- Beauty Packaging in Design
- Accountants Mailing List | Accountant Email Addresses | CPA Database
- Why your website needs an audit?