How Chess Computer Programs relate to Real Life - Continued
- Author Delores Keeper
- Published November 27, 2019
- Word count 714
First, I want to thank everybody for their input from my last article "The Game That Teaches About Life". The information on other areas of people’s lives that the lesson applies to has been very enlightening. The lesson, for those of you who haven’t read the article, is that it is often beneficial to pay more attention to defense than attack. So here is another article with more examples, and expansions on previous examples. But first, a more thorough introduction to the concept for those who didn’t read the first article:
Programmers have developed software to make computer chess games faster and more challenging. One of the most notable contributors is Richard Lang who revolutionized computer chess by coming up with a new algorithm for how the game makes its decisions. In his algorithm, he focused more on threats made to the computer than the attacks from it. This way computers were better able to analyze their positions, anticipate attacks and more effectively plan their game.
This out-of-the-box decision by Richard Lang – to put more emphasis on what the opponent is going to do to hurt your position than on what you are doing to beat them – is not only applicable in chess programs but it can also be applied in some areas in our day to day lives.
I want to touch on business again, because the lesson is so very applicable in that aspect of our lives. Attracting customers and clients can be an uphill task which leads to business owners finding themselves preoccupied with outshining their competitors. This preoccupation can lead to forgetting internal factors that are the pillars that hold any business, such as finances, quality of services and products, staff treatment, integrity and ethics. Building on these factors makes a business more able to intelligently expand and outdo their competition.
Many relationships crumble because people focus more on the weaknesses of the other party than on their own weaknesses. For example, if you ask someone why they broke up with an ex, they are likely to provide you with a list of what the other person didn’t do to meet their expectations.
According to Dr. Eva Salhub a doctor, author, and contributor to HuffPost, it is important to first focus on yourself before focusing on your partner to enjoy your relationship.
"In short, you want to get on the path to loving yourself. Do things for yourself that feels good, you radiate goodness. Everyone else wants to be around you and you do not lose yourself in relationships." Dr. Eva Salhub
Birthday parties, weddings, hikes, clubbing and house parties are all ideal ways to have fun. They help us unwind and relax away from our daily hustles. But many times, drinking or smoking are a part of these activities. These activities should be participated in with moderation – protecting yourself from their attacks on other parts of your life, such as hangovers, health ailments, addiction, depression, and loss of money. If not protected against, this "socialization" could take away from your internal peace and joy, which are very important.
Successful people will tell you that taking risks where no one else dared was one of the major contributors to their success. As if to echo their message, you must have come across ventures that required you to take bold risks, such include investing in businesses, cryptocurrencies, the stock market etc. While some people have reaped numerous benefits from such, it is important to note that some have also experienced huge losses that have brought them down to their knees financially. This means that you should always be careful before investing your cash into anything. It is wise to first ensure your house is in order so that if the deal goes sour, your life will still go on smoothly. Do not just jump into an investment because it excites you.
"An Investment in Knowledge Pays the best interest" – Benjamin Franklin.
Generally, chess teaches you a lot of practical life lessons beyond simple strategy. Learning these lessons will improve your decision making in many areas of your life. Again, if you have any area of your life that this strategy applies to, I would love to hear from you at media@ChessSetsPro.com.
Delores Keeper has been playing chess for over 50 years. Her love for the game has led to creating her own website selling chess sets. Delores has searched the world over for different chess sets of all types and styles and you will be amazed at the variety available. To see this amazing selection of chess sets and the various uses they can be put to, visit [https://ChessSetsPro.com](https://ChessSetsPro.com).Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Using Heel Pads to Treat Sever's Disease in the Childs Foot
- Can the corn removal pads help get rid of corns on the feet?
- Epoxy Resin Flooring with high durability in brief
- Cost of Epoxy Floor Coatings in Sydney, Australia
- Epoxy Floor Coatings and Metallic Epoxy Floor Coatings
- the main Advantages of Epoxy Flooring
- Advantages of Epoxy Flooring in less than 4 minutes.
- Why Epoxy Flooring in Sydney is on high Demands?
- Yak Cheese Chews For Dogs - The DELICIOUS Way To Keep Your Pup Busy
- The Benefits of Dog Wet Wipes
- The Scoop on Compostable Dog Poo Bags
- Keep Your Pup's Ears Clean and Healthy with the Right Ear Cleaner
- Can Reflexology Help Improve Your Health?
- How can you get rid of corns on the foot?
- What is pitted keratolysis?
- How to treat cracked skin around the heels?
- Should you be concerned about concussion in children?
- 4 Benefits of a Post-Divorce Smile Makeover
- How to choose the best dog poo bags
- What's Troubling The Stock Market? It's Missiles, Not Basis Points
- How Useful Are the Urea Based Creams for Dry Skin?
- Dealing With Cracked Skin Around the Heels
- How to select the best shoes for the growing child's foot
- What can go wrong with the feet in cyclists?
- How can foot orthotics help foot problems?
- What are the common causes of foot pain?
- 3 Ways You Can Improve Your Health From Home Using Natural Methods
- How Google Algorithm Updates Impact Your SEO
- What Higher Interest Rates Can't Do
- The symptoms of chilblains in the foot being caused by COVID-19