How To Update Your TomTom Device | Contact US
- Author John Alesha
- Published December 11, 2019
- Word count 404
Step 1: Install TomTom Home On Your Computer
Before you can update your device, you'll need to install the TomTom Home software on your computer. You can download this software on the TomTom.com website. Before you install the software, you should take the time to confirm you're installing the latest version of TomTom Home.
Once the software has been downloaded, you'll want to open the program and log into your TomTom account. If you do not have a TomTom account, you'll have to create one before you can get started.
Step 2: Connect Your GPS device To Your Computer
After you've completed the installation and logged into your account, you'll be prompted to connect your TomTom navigation device to your computer. You can do this with a USB cable. Once your computer has recognized the device that you've connected, a new screen will open and you'll be prompted to select the update that you want to install.
If the computer fails to recognize your navigation device, you may have to power it on. You should also check to see that the device is properly connected to the computer. You'll know that you have a connection when the MyDrive Connect window appears on your computer.
Step 3: Follow The Update Instructions
MyDrive will automatically search for the latest TomTom updates. Once the newest updates are found, you'll want to click "Continue" so that you can install these updates on your device. Follow any instructions that you are given until the update begins.
If you have not updated your TomTom in a long time, you may be prompted to install multiple updates. You should keep your device connected to your computer until all of the recommended updates have been completely installed. You'll want to make sure you have the latest maps on your GPS device.
Step 4: Wait For The Installation To Complete
You will know that the installation process has completed when the My Content page appears on your computer. When this happens, your status on MyDrive Connect will be displayed as "Connected." You will also be shown a message saying that the installation is now complete.
From that point on, you'll be able to disconnect your device and close TomTom Home. You'll be able to use the latest maps the next time you drive with your TomTom. It's smart to repeat this process periodically so that you can ensure that your device is always up to date.
There are no posted comments.
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Boost productivity with a single database development environment
- Ground-breaking women in tech showcased at Future of Work Conference
- Industrial-grade disk sanitation for enterprises
- Manage dual boot and multi-boot environments with a boot manager
- All-in-one data recovery, backup, and security
- Boot up any computer with Active@ LiveCD
- Secure IT asset disposal made easy with KillDisk Desktop
- Microsoft Ceases Free Security Updates Support is ending for Windows 7 and Microsoft Office 2010
- Meet GetBlock.io – a provider of the most popular blockchain nodes!
- Diagnose, repair, and maintain your PC with Active@ Boot Disk
- The guide teaching How to Fix Installation Error with Canon Printer to do canon printer introduce method
- The Essential Guide to Training Data
- How to Troubleshoot Quicken Error OL-220-a?
- A photo manager and digital asset manager for creative photography
- Improve your drafting with a multi-purpose CAD platform
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone
- Simplify your migration from QuarkXPress to Adobe InDesign
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac
- Bring out the best in your photos with ACDSee Professional photo software
- Want to Become an IT Security Professional?
- Securely erase your data with Active@ ZDelete
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- SAP S/4 HANA – Empowering Manufacturers Driving Digital Transformation
- Business mistakes contact centres make during cloud migration
- What Is Data Democratization and Why is it Needed?
- Tech Sector to Weather Economic Storm