Benefits of the Ketogenic Diet
- Author Adrian Joele
- Published January 2, 2020
- Word count 504
The Ketogenic diet is a new form of dieting where low carbohydrate, adequate protein and high fats are consumed. The goal of a Ketogenic diet is to deplete the body's glycogen reserves so that it relies on fat and protein for energy. The body then undergoes ketosis, which is a metabolic state in which your liver produces a high number of ketones as an alternative fuel source for the brain. This form of dieting is quite popular, with dozens of pictures showing before and after results circulating all over social media.
Here follows some benefits of the keto diet and how it may help in achieving your goals.
Several studies have proven that people on a low carbohydrate, high fat diet burn fat at a faster rate than those with a high carbohydrate, low fat diet. This is primarily because lower insulin levels caused by the low carbohydrate diet (keto), help to remove excess water from the body. During ketosis, you feel less hungry, which can be extremely beneficial to control caloric intake, and to promote overall weight loss. It has been experienced that low carb diets are also effective in reducing visceral fat, primarily stored in the abdominal cavity.
The ketones produced from a low carbohydrate diet are a much more efficient source of energy than glucose. Studies have indicated that they can improve cognitive impairment and even help with Alzheimer's and Parkinson's diseases. The high-fat diet helps to maintain the balance of essential omega 3s and omega 6s which are vital for optimal brain function. In addition, ketosis is able to boost mitochondria production and adenosine triphosphate within the brain's memory cells, which results in improving mental performance and clarity.
Reduced risk of Chronic Disease
A ketogenic diet can boost the body's defense against a variety of conditions. By reducing inflammation, and improving mitochondrial function, it can help to reduce the risk of developing several chronic diseases. Cancer cells typically possess abnormal mitochondria, which need an increased supply of glycogen. Ketosis allows to feed the normal cells, while starving the cancer cells, as they are unable to use the ketones for energy because of their dysfunctional mitochondria.
Blood Pressure Control
High blood pressure significantly increases the risk of several diseases and is a leading cause of deaths worldwide. A low-carbohydrate diet has been proven to be more effective than a low-fat diet in reducing blood pressure. In fact, some claim that it is just as effective as taking pills. This combined with the weight loss derived from a ketogenic diet, is sure to vastly improve cardiovascular health and function.
It has been shown by numerous studies in the realm of nutrition science, that this form of dieting can have a very positive impact on your overall health and bodily function. As long as you can find a way to maintain the discipline, the rewards are abundant. For those that have not been able to gain many results from traditional methods, the keto approach is definitely something worth considering.
Hi, my name is Adrian. I've been writing articles about health and nutrition since 2008.
I achieved expert author status with EzineArticles.com
You can find more information about the Ketogenic Diet by visiting: http://jamieolivers.net/keto-diet-planArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
- 8 Tips to Enjoy a More Wholesome Diet For Rapid Belly Fat Loss
- Natural Diet Pills that Induce Weight Loss
- Buy Xenical Online- Best Weight Loss Prescription Drugs
- Natural Rapid Weight Loss Diet Pills
- 5 Methods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Hips, Kicks & Sides
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: 3 Ab-Strengthening Workouts
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Basic Ways To Lose Weight Through Exercise & Diet
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: The Victory Stretch
- Eliminate Negative Thoughts And Lose Weight
- The Flat Belly Fix
- Exercise To Reduce Belly Fat For A Female At Home: Burpees
- Quarantine Up
- 4 Most Effective Foods that Burn Stubborn Belly Fat Fast
- How to Lose Weight With Green Tea Fast and No Risk?
- Your muscles is your power and beauty!
- 7 Natural Ways To Lose Your Belly Fat
- 3 Big Diet Mistakes You May Be Making
- The Best Way To Get Sexy Female Abs
- 7 Health Pointers for the Fitness Women
- Best Diet Plan to Loose Weight
- The Powerful Keto Fat Burning Diet
- How to Know the Authentic Fat Loss Diet Pills
- 4 Simple Ways To Stay Motivated For Women
- Impact of Combining Hemp Oil on the Keto Diet
- What is H.I.I.T., the One Minute Weight Loss Routine?
- How to Benefit from Keto Meal Plan
- Paleo Versus Keto Diet
- Tea is born to lose weight
- Techniques for Rapid Weight Loss Success