Moonstone: A Traditional and Modern Look
- Author April Williams
- Published January 22, 2020
- Word count 376
Moonstones have captured our imagination for generations. But what makes this stone so intriguing?
Prized from the ancient Orient, through the Roman Empire, moonstones really came into their own during the "Art Nouveau" period of jewelry design (1890-1910). This feldspar mineral has transfixed observers with its spectacular display of adularescence, an optical effect where the light seems to flow over a stone. This amazing effect is the reason that moonstones are such intriguing natural art!
Moonstone was known as the Traveler's stone, as it was thought to protect those who traveled at night by helping to light their way. It was also considered especially lucky for lovers. Legend says that when two people wore moonstones, when the moon was high in the sky, they would fall passionately in love with each other. Ah Amore!
Moonstones are great gifts as they are birthstones in many traditions. Moonstone is the Modern and the Mystical Birthstone for the month of June, the Ayurvedic birthstone for the month of September and the Planetary Birthstone for the zodiac sign of Cancer. In India, moonstone is a traditional wedding present to celebrate the marriage of young lovers.
Known as the stone of new beginnings, the stone is connected to the tides and cycles of the moon, from the dark new moon to the bright full moon. Moonstones teach us that there is a cycle to everything in life, that each spirit grows and develops according to its own cycle. And like the changes of the moon, we cannot rush those cycles.
As moonstone is connected to the moon, it is also connected to the feminine aspect and considered the keeper of feminine mystery. As such, the stone evokes patience and will nudge you forth to action when the time is right. But it reminds us to not get ahead of ourselves. The stone teaches us that we will find the most peace and happiness working within our current stage of life and that taking the proper action at the proper time will give us the most beneficial harvest from the seeds we lay.
Moonstones help us to gain a higher perspective on our spirit's purpose, by helping use to become more attuned to the guidance sent our way from our spirit guides.
April Williams is the artist behind Eluna Jewelry Design,specializing in Gemstone Healing Bracelets and Handmade Artisan Jewelry.http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- “The King Is Dead, Long Live The King”: How Online Casinos Will Replace Traditional Gambling
- What You Should Know About Stunning Firework Displays!
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- HOW TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER (BEGINNER FRIENDLY)
- Why Your Child Should Learn to Code
- Best Needable Gadgets in 2020
- What is Cosmetic Dentistry and Why Should You Get It?
- Replace The Negatives In Your Life With Positivity And Move Your Life Forward
- Composing an Education - Tips and Tricks
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- How To Increase Brand Awareness through Social Media Marketing
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Tips To Work From Home
- How To Do Affiliate Marketing For Newbies
- Proven Tactics in Affiliate Marketing - 7 Secrets to Be Apart from Other Many Competitors
- Secrets to Affiliate Millionaires - 6 Winning Attitudes for Super Affiliate Marketing Entrepreneur
- Work From Home Forever CAN AFFILIATE MARKETING REPLACE YOUR LOST INCOME?
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- How to Make Money on Fiverr In 5 Minutes
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER
- How To Choose Righteous Friends
- Coding for Kids: How It Can Benefit Your Child!
- World of Religions: Hinduism
- Interest in cash is falling - what's the next banknote?
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Why Should You Buy Tesla Stock Now?
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Web Hosting Made Easy!