Six Reasons to Play Chess and Other Board Games
- Author Delores Keeper
- Published January 30, 2020
- Word count 697
When it comes to games, you not only play for physical fitness but also to build your mental fitness. If you are looking for the best games with these qualities, then chess is of course the first choice (there’s a reason that everyone knows of the game of chess), but other board games can serve this purpose as well.
A board game involves a ‘board’ of course – a defined area where the competition will take place – and pieces that represent you, your army, your resources, or whatever is necessary for the game you are playing. In many board games there may be dice and ‘money’. In chess there are no dice or money, only pieces to represent your army that you deploy against your opponent.
Winning in chess depends solely on the player's skills, other board games may involve luck as well as skill. Despite being old-fashioned, board games continue to be popular and are a great way to socialize. So, the top six reasons to play chess and board games are:
- Board games are easy to learn and tough to master
Board games involve rules, usually the rules are easy enough to understand that only a few minutes is necessary before you can begin playing. However, mastering any game is hard and takes time, regardless of your skills in other areas. This means that you keep learning as you play, which makes it interesting.
- Playing games increases the function of the brain
Playing a board game involves critical thinking, which stimulates the area of the brain that is responsible for memory formation and complex thoughts. This stimulation stretches your brain cells, strengthens your memory, and builds your thinking skills. Studies have shown that playing board games reduces the chance of developing Alzheimer's, so it is especially important to make a life-long habit of playing board games if you want to stay sharp in your senior years.
- Board games strengthen relationships and bring people closer.
Sitting together with family or friends without interruptions may, at times, seem like an impossibility. However, playing board games gives you an activity to engage in while building social bonds. Board games involve two or more people, and whether those people are family, friends, or strangers (such as at a chess tournament 😊), it is a social activity. You will be spending time together, and sharing a common, casual activity. That is the best way to connect with others, naturally.
Board games are especially good for couples. They build connections and help to discover new depths in the relationship.
- Board games enhance self-confidence and creativity
When playing board games, you tend to open up and come out of your shell as you have to take an active role in the game. Board games are also relaxing, which makes it easier and more natural to interact with others. Being noticed or included in the game gives a sense of fulfillment and raises one's self-esteem. Therefore, for timid adults and shy children, playing board games is a fantastic way to develop a strong sense of individuality and self-confidence.
- Board games reduce stress and make us laugh
It is impossible to play board games and not laugh. Laughter is a natural side effect of playing board games. Laughing helps reduce stress. According to a study by RealNetworks, more than 50% of people who play board games do it to relieve stress.
- Board games help you build life skills
While a board game may seem simple to play, they all teach patience. You have to wait for your turn, and sometimes it takes considerable time to achieve the objective of the game. You not only learn to be patient during games but the skill transfers to other aspects of your life.
Board games teach you how to be fair and honest and build a sense of compassion and empathy as you engage with other players.
Strategy games such as monopoly and chess help you to develop quick responses when faced with tough decisions in real life.
Board games are not limited to the elderly or the young, the poor or the rich, they are for everyone and they are enjoyed around the world… for good reason.
Delores Keeper has been playing chess for over 50 years. Her love for the game has led to creating her own website selling chess sets. Delores has searched the world over for different chess sets of all types and styles and you will be amazed at the variety available. To see this amazing selection of chess sets and the various uses they can be put to, visit [https://ChessSetsPro.com](https://ChessSetsPro.com).Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Strengthening Your Child’s Immunity Naturally: Proven Tips from KinderCure Clinic
- Colic in Babies: Essential Guide for Parents by Experts at KinderCure
- The Shift from Classical Thinking to Quantum Thinking
- Why Do Autistic People Wear Headphones?
- Playtime Revolution: KinderCure's Guide to Boosting Child Development Through Play
- Battle of the Germs: Often-Missed High-Touch Areas in Your Home
- Colic Relief for Infants: Expert Parenting Tips from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Combating Childhood Obesity in India: Strategies and Success Stories from KinderCure Clinic, Gurgaon
- Why pick screen fabrics for blinds?
- Ping Pong Passion
- A Comprehensive Guide to Garage Door Repairs in Florida
- The Art and Joy of Latte Art: How to Draw on Latte
- ProDentim: A Revolution in Oral Health?
- Chronic Pain in the Disabled and Best Coping Strategies
- Are Implicit Biases Underlying Negative Impressions of the Disabled?
- How Disability Stereotypes Are Harmful
- A Modern Open-Source Technology That Conquers ACH Batch Processing
- Preparing for and Understanding the Life Insurance License Exam
- Understanding the Importance of Early Childhood Nutrition: Insights from KinderCure
- How to include God the Father in our daily lives.
- Elevate Your Business with Commercial Awnings in the UK: A Perfect Blend of Style and Functionality
- Implicit Biases: What They Are and Why They Are Important
- PTS Symptoms in Women
- Property Investors Amidst Favorable Swedish Krona Rates
- Import motorboats from Sweden and take advantage of the favorable exchange rates.
- The Home Cleaning Dilemma
- Save Money On Home Projects By Hiring A Contractor In The Winter
- Am I neurodivergent?
- Diaper Rash: Prevention, Treatment, and When to See a Doctor
- Top 5 Reasons to Choose Local Cleaners in Epsom for Your Home