What are the benefits of camping?
- Author Sonia Azrou
- Published February 18, 2020
- Word count 493
There are many reasons to go camping and the reasons are not the same for everyone. Some people crave the opportunity to connect with nature and get away from the constant presence of technology. For families it can be a great way to reconnect with each other and revitalize relationships. For young people it's a great way of learning new skills, independence and resilience. Here is a short list of some of the main benefits of going camping:
Connecting with Nature
Camping is a completely involved experience, whether you're sleeping in a tent in the wild or just parking up your RV at a campground. When you're camping you'll feel all the elements, and you will witness the best wildlife in natural settings. You'll have the opportunity to see everything: forests, mountains, rivers, beaches and sand dunes, and one of the best benefits of all is being able to see skies full of stars. Many constellations only become visible when you get away from inhabited areas and into the wild. You'll also hear all the wonderful sounds of nature, like the hooting of an owl at night or the beautiful birdsong of a fresh morning.
Camping is incredibly good for your mental and physical health. There's no doubt that there are plenty of physical demands that help you keep fit, like hiking and pitching a tent. On top of that, there are countless studies that have shown the positive effect that being outside has on mental health. It can even cure depression. Sleeping outside under the light of the stars helps to re-establish the body's natural rhythms which can drastically improve health.
A Break from Technology
This is becoming increasingly relevant in modern times, and it has been called the 'Digital Detox.' Most places in the wild have little or no cell connectivity, and even many campgrounds are poorly connected. This presents the perfect opportunity to forget our devices and break our addictions to technology. This offers a great chance to enjoy other activities that we may have forgotten about, such as reading a nice book or writing a diary. Some people find that having the space to be with themselves in silence is immensely beneficial.
Following on from the digital detox, another benefit of being free from the usual routines and technology is that stagnant relationships can start to flourish again. Instead of being entertained and occupied by technology, people start to have conversations face-to-face and do real activities together. This enables authentic shared memories to be created, which is so valuable.
Development of Skills
Camping demands resilience and creativity from individuals as they need to perform rigorous tasks to satisfy basic needs. This means doing things like fire building, shelter construction and purification of water. On one level these are survival skills only, but if you look deeper it becomes evident that more profound benefits are occurring. Doing these things builds self esteem and confidence too.
There are no posted comments.
- Where are the Insects?
- Classic Hunting Rifles Every Hunter Should Own
- THE RATIONAL MORAL STATUS OF NON-HUMAN NATURAL PHENOMENON: AN ETHICS OF ENVIRONMENTAL SUSTAINABILITY
- Benefits Of Camping: How Camping Helps Our Environment: (Part 2: Reduce, Reuse & Recycle...Camp Style)
- Benefits Of Camping: How Camping Helps Our Environment (Part 1: Keeping Nature Natural)
- Why is Food Depackaged and How is it Done??
- POSITIVE IMPACT OF AVIATION ON MANKIND (UNMANNED AERIAL VEHICLES) - UAVs
- Is the multiverse real?
- Climate Change and Its Effect on Health in India
- Disposing of Oil
- AN OVERVIEW OF SUSTAINABILITY CHALLENGES OF NIGERIA IN RECENT TIMES
- Do the Government’s climate objectives really matter? Yes! But not to them.
- What to Know Before You Visit a CBD Dispensary for the First Time
- 5 companies with environmental responsibility
- Coronavirus- A new Normal
- Transitional Justice Demands Reparations for Louisiana Residents of Cancer Alley
- 5 Simple Ways To Go Green At Home
- How Greenhouse Gases Affect the atmosphere and Reversing Climate Change
- 6 Simple & Easy Ways To Help The Environment: At Home & At Work
- Are You Using The Best Soil For Bonsai?
- Tiboo launches bamboo-based paper products website
- Everything You Need To Know About Wind Turbine Technicians in the United States
- Climate change, what we can do to reduce effects of global warming
- Water Removal Solutions for Building Sites
- Five Facts About Renewable Energy That You Need To Know
- Not just cheap energy – why should you consider installing solar panels?
- 10 Most Practiced Economic Activities in Vietnam
- 9 Types of Economic Industries Found in Vietnam
- 5 Mineral Resources Found in Vietnam