How to Use a Commercial Dishwasher
- Author Nik Vorfi
- Published April 8, 2020
- Word count 744
The goal is simple - clean glasses, cups, and plates every time, without breakages or dishwasher stains. However, the wrong process or equipment can make this impossible and lead to big build-ups in the kitchen that will slow down food orders and front of house staff.
To get the best results, here's a guide on how to use a commercial dishwasher.
How Do Commercial Dishwashers Work?
Commercial Dishwashers are intended to sanitize and clean cups, glasses, trays, plates and bowls and are an indispensable part of any commercial kitchen.
There are high and low-temperature dishwashers. High temp dishwashers reach rinsing temperatures of 180 degrees and will use more energy. These washers usually also have a flash dry feature that can dry off dishes that have just gone through.
High temp dishwashers sanitize dishes with their heat, while low temp dishwashers use a sanitizing solution. They create less heat and steam and can present a safer working environment. However, it's vital to purchase the right cleaning chemicals with it.
Once the lid is closed on the dishwasher, it sprays water and cleaning solution at the dishes at high speed to finish them off.
The Dishwashing Process
It’s important to understand that in most cases, the commercial dishwasher only sanitizes the dishes and gives them a clean finish. Most dishwashers struggle to wash dried stains or debris stuck to the wares. It's, therefore, essential to follow a three-step process when washing dishes in the kitchen.
Step 1: Organizing and Loading the Dishwasher
Before loading dishes onto the dishwasher racks, it’s important to have washed them clean with a soapy sponge and cleared them off heavy stains and debris. Kitchens should aim to have an area designated for this, where dirty dishes can be stacked and soaked if necessary. The better your crockery is pre-rinsed, the better the results will be.
Load larger plates to the back of the rack and smaller plates to the front. Glasses and cups should be placed opening-down on the racks. The dishwasher starts once the rack is placed inside, and the door is closed. Some machines require you to hold a start button instead.
Step 2: Drying
Let all eating utensils air-dry for proper sanitation. High-temp dishwashers will already leave the dishes relatively dry and warm, so they will be finished quickly. Kitchens should prepare a draining area where crockery can be dried and picked up to be tidied away.
It can help to install slightly slanted shelves where glasses and cup dishwasher racks can be left to drain and dry.
Step 3: Drain and Clean
Commercial dishwashers should be cleaned after every dinner service. For this, turn off the power, open the door and pull up one of the drain ball assemblies. Remove and clean the scrap accumulator tray, remove and clean the pump screen and double-check lower and upper wash arms for debris.
Each dishwasher will come with a set of instructions that should be followed for an exact cleaning process.
How to Make Dishwashing More Effective
- Run Full Loads
It may be tempting to wash incomplete loads when the kitchen isn’t too busy, and you can keep your dirty dishes down at all times. This may make the return of clean ware faster, but you waste a lot of energy. Let dishes accumulate and load a full dish rack before washing.
- Use the Right Dishwasher Racks
Use suitable Dishwasher racks when you load your dishes. There are different dishwasher racks for cups and glasses, as well as plates. You could also purchase dishwasher rack inserts for your kitchen to help porters organize the contents efficiently. This means you can load the ideal amount of dishes into the machine and make your process more efficient.
Suitable dishwasher racks also lessen the likelihood of dishes breaking or sliding while being handled by the KP.
- Use Water Softener
Water Softeners can keep mineral deposits out of the heating element, which allows it to work harder when heating up water.
- Turn Off the Heat-Dry Setting
You can experiment with this, but many high water temperatures already assure that the dishes air-dry rapidly after each cycle. Heat drying may speed this up slightly more but consumes a lot of energy.
Now You Know How to Use a Commercial Dishwasher.
Make sure to pre-rinse, maintain the machine, and use suitable dishwasher racks at all times. Aside from this, using a commercial dishwasher is secure and will make your life a lot simpler and more efficient!
There are no posted comments.
- Part 2 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Part 1 -YOU TUBE’s Untapped Value In Resident-Contractor Relations
- Factors that inhibit the popularity of Forex in numerous countries
- Summer escapes. Choose the right Jewellery that will remind you forever.
- What Makes a Good All Around Stand Up Paddle Board?
- The Difference Between Chapter 7 and Chapter 13 Bankruptcy
- Pros and Cons of Homework
- 30 Largest TensorFlow Datasets for Machine Learning
- What is flex face signage?
- How to Pick the Best Mobile App Development Company?
- Everything You Need to Start an SEO Business
- Street Dogs in Nepal | Animal Welfare Nepal | Oxsa Nepal
- The Rise of TikTok in a COVID World & What We Expect to See Post COVID
- Us Against Them
- How to accurately cost estimate projects
- Forged Documents, Counterfeit Goods, Cyber Intrusion Including Identity Theft Have Become a Symbol Of Our 21st Century Culture
- Best Ping Pong Table Indoor & Outdoor Reviews 2020
- Step By Step Guide To Write A Good Research Proposal
- How To Write A Super Resume In 2020
- Matcha Tea - Preparation, Health Benefits, Usage, and Side Effects
- Training Is a Must for Puppies to Reach Their Ultimate Potential
- Belle Delphine Bathwater
- Young Guru explains How to get Paid on Youtube the New Rich Way! YouTubers won’t want to miss out on this.
- 5 Simple Ways Indoor Plantation Shutters Enhance Home Décor
- Tips for house removals
- A Great Collection of Children's Bronze Sculptures | NIFAO.COM
- Types of Cables and Wires Found in Modern Technology
- Stunning stainless steel tiles for backsplash
- A public relations strategy is critical during a pandemic
- Considerable Factors of Zachary Levi, The Famous Actor