Our Battle with corona virus and effectiveness of hand wash
- Author Angus Mclarty
- Published April 24, 2020
- Word count 881
The threat from the coronavirus multiplying rapidly worldwide. Yes, the whole world is now at war, and our hands are at the front lines in the fight against Covid-19.
You can pick up droplets of the virus, and they will enter our bodies if we touch our faces. The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other public health organizations are emphasizing on the importance of washing hands to slow the growth of this pandemic.
Why is handwashing with Soap and Water important?
Our hand is exposed to thousands of dangerous germs and bacteria each day—Thats, why Proper handwashing with soap and running water, is very crucial.
Soaps are molecules with dual nature. One end of the molecule is attracted to water and resisted by fats and proteins. On the other hand, the other side of the molecule is drawn to fats and opposed by water.
This dual nature of soap makes it useful in killing germs. One side of the soap molecule, which is attracted to fat and repelled by water, breaks the virus's coat and makes it soluble in water.E
Even if every virus is not destroyed, you will still get rid of them from your hands with soap and water.
How to wash:
• Wet your hands
• take soap
• Rub your hands together for 20 seconds atleast
• Rinse with water
Diseases You Can Prevent Just by Washing Your Hands
Believe it or not, only 5% of people correctly wash their hands. The following are just a few of the ones that you can prevent with careful handwashing.
• The flu
• Pink eye
• Hepatitis A
• Strep throat
• E. coli
• common cold
Hand washing Mistakes
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, washing hands with soap can protect about one third young children who get sick with diarrhea and almost one fifth with respiratory infections like pneumonia."
If you want to make sure your hands aren't carriers for germs, make sure you are not making the following mistakes:
• Don't reach for the soap first. Wet your hands first, as damp skin can easily absorb the solvent and produces a better lather and more efficiently removes bacteria.
• Once you wet and soap up your hands, make sure you lather them for at least 20 seconds
• Make sure you are using enough soap.
• Don't forget to dry your hands after washing. Germs can be transferred easily to and from wet hands. You might re-contaminate your hand again if you grab the door handle with wet hands.
• Wash your hands frequently, not just after using the toilet.
• Germs and bacteria can quickly get stuck under your fingernails. Washing hands won't be useful if you're not careful about your nails.
• Do not skip the soap entirely while washing
• Do not touch the faucet right after washing. You can use a paper towel to turn off the tap.
• Do not touch the door handle after wash?
• Hand Dryers are not better than Paper Towels
• Do not Neglect the Backs of Your Hands
When to wash your hands:
• Before and after caring for sick people
• While preparing or eating food.
• After using the toilet
• after touching raw food
• After coughing or sneezing.
• After touching an animal.
• After touching garbage.
How to Keep Your Skin Healthy While Washing Your Hands frequently.
Thorough hand washing may keep germs away, but damage your skin.
Wash in warm water instead of hot water to prevent it from getting dry.
You can use hand sanitizers temporarily when hands are extremely roughened.
If you have eczema or psoriasis, use skin balm like Vaseline directly onto sores or cracked areas.
• according to skin experts, the following things can help:
• Wash with warm water
• Use moisturizing soap or hand wash
• Apply moisturizer after wash
• Wear gloves
• use skin balm
• use hand sanitizer
• Blot dry instead of wiping
Cold Water vs. Hot water
According to a recent study, cold water is just as useful for killing germs as hot water. The scientists looked at several variables like hand wash technique, lather time, use of antibacterial soaps, water temperature, etc.
They found there is no real difference between hand washings at 15°C and 38°C. Instead, the study suggests lather time is more critical. A minimum 20-second scrub is more effective in reducing germs than a 5-second lather.
The Centers for Disease Control also recommend the same.
Hand sanitizer vs. hand wash
Hand sanitizers are convenient to use on the go. They are available as wipes or in gel form. You can use them where soap and running water are not available. Before you purchase one, check ingredients and make sure it contains at least 60 percent alcohol.
But soap and water are more effective than these dab of gel. You should use a hand wash where possible. Soaps are more effective because when you wash your hands with soap and water, you're demolishing the viruses.
Tips for kids
Here are several tips and tricks that parents, teachers or care givers can follow:
• Pick your child's favorite song and have them sing it while washing their hands.
• Make sure the sink is within their reach
• You can use fun stuffs like foam, liquid soap with colors, products with child-friendly scents or bright colored bottles.
• Play a game while hand-washing.
Hey, I am Angus McLarty. I am glad to welcome you to my profile. I am a freelance writer by profession.
This article is about the most popular hand soap That will Keep You Safe from Germs.Article source: https://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- How to Increase Productivity Using Live Chat Bot Support
- How a Simple Gold Chain Can Change Your Fashion Aesthetics?
- Startup helps expats find a handyman in The Netherlands
- How to Use ChatBot As Customer Service Tool
- What is the Hand of Fatima?
- What Are the Main Chat Bot Benefits For Online Sellers?
- The Evolution and Effects of Quebec Independence Movement
- Reasons why BRAC is the most successful NGO globally
- Leadership Beliefs about CSR at lululemon Athletica
- Biomass boiler - The most important advantages of biomass boiler
- Questions About Solar Equipment
- 5 Reasons To Wear Hair Scrunchies On Your Wrist
- Currency Pairs and Correlation
- Toyota in America: Its Past, Present, and Future
- #1 Reason Cosmetic Patients Choose YOU
- 3 Easier Ways to Increase Aesthetic Revenues
- Attract Affluent Plastic Surgery Patients
- How to Increase Sale Conversion Using ChatBot Software
- How Do Chat Bots Work?
- Mistakes Plastic Surgeons Make
- Plastic Surgery Email Marketing
- Make It Impossible for Patients to Say No
- Where to Buy and How to Install Handmade Copper Tiles for Backsplash
- 6 Simple Ways To Prepare Your Car For The ‘Back To School Season’
- The World’s Loudest Classical Music
- Solar panels: How Do They Produce Electricity?
- Independent Filmmaker and Emmy Winning Sound Studio Attempt to Reimagine the Original Star Wars with a TikTok Style Mashup
- How to Increase Sales of Your Products Online
- Top 3 Online Weight Loss Program in India
- Fix Your Follow Up for Plastic Surgeons