7 Things You Must Know About Robert Downey Jr
- Author Sarah Donalds
- Published May 18, 2020
- Word count 835
Robert Downey Jr. led a life that deserves to be turned into a movie.
Like come on, there are drama, action, failure, fame and some drugs! It was a miracle when Robert resurrected his flailing career with Iron man.
Oh how badly we want Iron Man to be resurrected in the Marvel Universe! If you are also missing him then maybe you’d wanna dig into his life more, what say?
- Height matters.
At 5’9″ Downey Jr. doesn’t quite measure up to some of his co-stars and we don’t mind it one bit! But seems like Robert doesn’t like being the short-man.
Well, during the production of Iron Man and its sequels, Robert wore "heels" or rather lifts to appear taller on camera! It won’t be wrong to assume that he liked this taller version of himself because he is often spotted wearing wedged sneakers.
Remember the checkered Givenchy pair that he wore to his 50th birthday party in 2015? Yep, those were wedged and stood at a cool $2000 mark!
- Drugs Start.
Drugs have been an important part of Robert’s life, no denying the fact. So why have we brought this up here? Well, his first encounter with drugs wasn’t what you would expect.
He wasn’t coaxed into it in a shady low-rent Hollywood party. His dad introduced him to weed when he was just 7 years old! There, we said it! It was on the sets of his first movie, Pound where his father offered him a voice-over role and also the first taste of marijuana. The actor still cites this moment as the one that sparked his obsession with substances!
- Burger King saved a life.
Remember the time when Robert Downey Jr. was practically living on drugs? From crack to cocaine, his body was a cocktail of substances! Anyway, around this time, Robert was driving around town with his car full of narcotics when he felt hungry and decided to get a burger from BK.
The meal should have been juicy and delicious but what Robert was served was the most rotten meal of his life! When he was eating the burger he had a strange feeling that something bad is about to happen and got rid of all the drugs! Now you know how he got rid of the habit, so strange!
- One day rehab leave.
Robert’s journey in and out of rehab facilities is no news, the world knows about it. But what most fans don’t know is that back in 2001 he got a one day leave from the rehab center to shoot for a music video.
Elton John had enlisted director Sam Taylor-Johnson to come up with a video for the song I Want Love. Sam’s idea was simple and brilliant- a lone man walking around an empty house and lip-syncing the song.
Simple? Nope, because she wanted Robert Downey Jr. for it who was in rehab! But things worked out and he was out for a day, took 16 takes but recorded a one-shot video!
- Classical ballet.
Media is always brimming about the life of Robert Downey Jr. but what they may have missed is his education in England and more importantly the ballet training that he received there! We knew this would shock you because nobody really associates dance to Robert! In 1977, he attended the famous Perry House School in Chelsea, London.
There he endured grueling ballet sessions as a 10-year-old student. He didn’t stay long because, with his father’s work, they were always on the move. And the time that he did spend there, he was always acting like "a moron" rather than perfecting his pirouettes!
- Sarah Jessica Parker.
It might seem strange to you that with a "colorful" past like Robert’s, his love life was comparatively less of a rainbow. He’s married twice and these days, rumors of linkups are also non-existent because he really has straightened up! But in the early stages of their careers, Sarah Jessica Parker and Robert Downey Jr. were dating.
They met on the set of 1984 drama Firstborn when they were both 18 years old and moved in together just eight weeks after they began dating! They stood strong for 8 long years but then Robert’s addiction ruined things between the two and a lovely power-couple broke off!
- Funeral for clothes.
Do you know Robert did a movie, Chaplin? As per him, the movie took him out of this debauched subculture and back into the world of serious acting. At this point, the actor wanted to cut ties with the past and set himself free for a more promising future.
And how did he do that? He took all the clothes he’d worn on his final Brat Pack outing, Less Than Zero, and buried them all in his own back yard.
This was pretty symbolic but the very next day Robert felt this was stupid. His thoughts didn’t stay for long because about 4 days later he could feel a change!
There are no posted comments.
- Where to Watch Attack on Titan Online
- Al Pacino's Top 10 movie roles
- From Plasticine To Digital: The Development Of Three-Dimensional Animation
- Elaine Beezy Bio, Age, Net Worth, Relationships, and more!
- Matthew McConaughey’s Greatest Performance: The Lincoln Lawyer
- A History Of Animation: From Cut-Outs To Computers
- 5 Underrated Animations That Deserve More Attention
- Denzel Washington's Top 10 movie roles of All Time
- Where to Watch The Promised Neverland Online
- Top 10 Upcoming Video Game Based Movies
- Details, Fiction And IPTV Subscription
- Torrie Wilson - The true fitness champ!
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- Where to Watch Kimi No Na Wa Online (Your Name)
- FREE BEGINNER GUITAR FAST TRACK - Learn Guitar Basics Online
- The Complete Guide to Makoto Shinkai's Best Movies
- Untold facts about Whitney Scott Mathers, Eminem's adopted Daughter
- The Reason why Irina Shayk Hates Lady Gaga
- 5 Best Kids Anime
- Top 5 High School Romance Anime Every Otaku Must See
- Gangster Films
- Twisted a.k.a. Psycho ex-girlfriend FIlm Review
- Joker (2019): an affresco of madness
- The Reasons Why Video Marketing Must Be The Next Step In Your Business
- Tenki No Ko: Weathering With You Glossary — Characters, Release Dates, Synopsis, Trailers
- Drone Aerial Filming of Downton Abbey The Movie (release date 13/09/19 UK)
- If Tom Cruise wet the bed last night, is Roger Ebert's review of Minority Report still valid?
- Superman Returns (2006) review: good teaches evil to believe in itself
- Nocturnal Animals review: experiences that come to life, so that they can reject themselves