The High Cost of Energy and Water
- Author Lindsey Edward
- Published May 18, 2020
- Word count 614
Waking up early to start the day, I gently breastfeed my infant and enjoy the peaceful morning light. In those beautiful moments I don't allow debt or financial burdens to cause me distress. Instead I thought it sensible to write an article that may or may not make a difference in society. If I cannot change these things at least I can raise awareness. We are a low-income family of three. There are bills from four cities ago we will never be able to pay.
In 2017 my husband and I were married. We both were working as many hours as we could. We had a car payment, rent, electricity and water/sewer bills. In winter our power was shut off. In Missouri it gets fairly cold during winter. At that time we did not have our child so at least it was just us two. We bought tall candles from the Dollar Tree and left them burning through the night to keep us warm. We qualified for LIHEAP but because the power had already been shut off they could not help. I still remember seeing my breath and the condensation on the windows. Shortly after that our water was turned off. Although we were working we desperately needed to pay for and keep our car. Being in a binding contract with a "buy-here-pay here," would leave us with garnished wages if we failed to pay off the loan. Even with EBT support for groceries we could only afford that car. We used supermarket jugs of water to wash or dishes and to bathe. Lastly, we couldn't pay rent. This went on for about three months before we were evicted. I had even switched jobs in hopes I would I would bring in more money. I had applied for many positions and could not find a second job. Then we were evicted. Thankfully, we have not been in a situation like that since. Yet even now, having moved to another state entirely, in comes the mail with a bill every month. Currently my husband is out of work as a result of the Covid-19 global pandemic. After weeks of waiting he got an unemployment payment. That has been a major relief. But I can't help but think there are many Americans who have experienced similar situations. It's very difficult to find happiness in poverty. Poverty takes so much out of you. It came to me this morning to tell my story. Maybe, just maybe someone somewhere can make a difference for the American people facing such financial hardship. I believe that the rate at which companies determine how much a residence owes in power and water/sewer usage should significantly be forced to lower or be based on income. Things have greatly changed in society. For some reason prices of everything keep rising! Sadly, that can only mean one thing for the poor, oppression. When the bills come in I can't help but think about how others are faring once they've paid. I'm sure, like us, they have little to nothing left. I know for a fact many, too many, don't have any savings to fall back on in an emergency like we're experiencing now. I'm grateful that in the terrible conditions of a natural disaster families can receive funds to aid their struggle. Because in modern society we absolutely need power, water and sewer, the cost of living should be lowered! Why should it continue that the rich become richer and poor, poorer? Why has it been allowed to exist this way? There is little opportunity because of the outrageous cost of living! Power companies have had their day. The people have had enough.
I am a mother and a wife. My life revolves around maintaining good emotional health, teaching, volunteering and family. I am satisfied and I never thought I'd say that. Satisfied by becoming a wife and mother. As a female that's all I truly wanted. Love.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- White Knuckling: A Dangerous Lifestyle
- “The King Is Dead, Long Live The King”: How Online Casinos Will Replace Traditional Gambling
- What You Should Know About Stunning Firework Displays!
- HOW DOES ASTROLOGY HELPS IN BUSINESS
- HOW TO START MAKING MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER (BEGINNER FRIENDLY)
- What is Cosmetic Dentistry and Why Should You Get It?
- 12 Best Text Classification Tools and Services
- The Importance of Natural Language Processing for Non-English Languages
- Do-Able Tips For US Private Home Heads Hiring Best Contractors, Part 1
- Proven Tactics in Affiliate Marketing - 7 Secrets to Be Apart from Other Many Competitors
- Secrets to Affiliate Millionaires - 6 Winning Attitudes for Super Affiliate Marketing Entrepreneur
- Work From Home Forever CAN AFFILIATE MARKETING REPLACE YOUR LOST INCOME?
- ATTENTION: You are IGNORING 75% of your potential clients!!!
- How to Make Money on Fiverr In 5 Minutes
- HOW TO MAKE MONEY ONLINE AS AN AFFILIATE MARKETER
- How To Choose Righteous Friends
- Coding for Kids: How It Can Benefit Your Child!
- World of Religions: Hinduism
- Interest in cash is falling - what's the next banknote?
- Lingo-Blaster 2.0: The Ultimate Video Marketing Software
- Why Should You Buy Tesla Stock Now?
- Everything To Know About Xanax
- Web Hosting Made Easy!
- Affiliate Marketing: Building Affiliate Marketing Websites The Easy Way
- Online Sales Mean Cash for Affiliates
- 5 Must-Have Components of an Email Marketing Campaign
- Lose Weight Easily Without Exercise
- 12 Benefits Of Reading E-Books
- Can You Make Money Off YouTube — Of Course
- Red String of Fate: Truth or Myth?