Colocation Industry Shifts To Working From Home
- Author Mark Gold
- Published May 21, 2020
- Word count 386
Data center providers are adjusting to doing all sorts of business remotely as a solution due to the current pandemic.
Data centers are considered critical services, which is why providers have maintain only needed staff to be able to run the infrastructure as the COVID-19 pandemic grows stronger. In everyone’s best interest, data centers have taken many other measures to contain any possible spread of the virus like reducing foot traffic to their facilities, and remote hands solutions are always available for customers to manage their infrastructure remotely. But with so little staff on-site remote work has been implemented in areas like managing and sales to keep the business running.
To accomplish such task DCIM (Data Center Infrastructure Management) software is the tool needed to manage both IT equipment and facilities infrastructure. The latest DCIM platforms support secure remote access, allowing colocation providers’ employees to do much of the work from almost anywhere; but not all tasks are able to be completed remotely, if there is a failure and a part of an equipment needs to be replace a technician is required to do that job that’s the main reason why some physical presence is needed on-site.
Non-essential employees are working from home, virtual meeting are some of the ways providers are using to stay connected. The sales department on the other hand has taken a big hit from the pandemic, since they can’t visit customers or offer facility tours. But in the mist of the crisis, this departments have come up with very creative ways to keep sales going by offering virtual tours or video tours to potential customers, because despite the crisis customers are committed to keep working on their technology infrastructure since digital services are highly in demand. The few personnel that’s allow in the facilities are taking all measures required by the WHO (World Health Organization) like social distancing, restricted access to common areas and let’s not forget cleaning procedures.
Whitelabel ITSolutions as any other data center and colocation provider has been adjusting and taking all the measures to continue delivering top of the line services to our clientele during the COVID-19 crisis. Our resilient and powerful solutions together with an amazing staff is working day and night to ensure services will keep running no matter what.
There are no posted comments.
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- How to Hide Out-of-Stock Products from your Collections on Shopify
- Picking the Best Garden Pot of Planter
- Become an online radio presenter with SAM Broadcaster Cloud
- Weight loss supplements really help you lose weight?
- AAC vs Ogg, Which is Better?
- Acronis True Image 2020 - 12 Critical Online Backup Features
- Why to support eco fashion
- Commentary - Homeowner’s Guides In Successful Resident-Contractor Relations
- How To Take Grow Light Help In Indoor Plants
- Best Weed Strains for ADHD in 2020
- Guide To Purchase A Pre-Owned BMW
- Medical Tourism Market Bolstered by Rapid Globalization and Advancements in Healthcare Infrastructure
- How to Consolidate Credit Card Debt During Covid-19
- Exceptional best removal services in Robina
- Best places to get escorts in Istanbul
- Tips for Choosing the Right House Plans in Melbourne
- The evolution of the commercial water vending machine
- The Characteristics of a Good Children’s Book
- Journaling Your Way Through Crisis
- Reasons to Try Live Stream Demo for Your Next Office Equipment Purchase
- The role of emotional intelligence in business after pandemic
- What to do with unwanted furniture
- Developing powerful visuals for your presentation
- FRESH SEAFOOD Our Fresh and Frozen Seafood will Delight You
- Introduction to PDF to word conversion on Windows, and Mac