What to do when you have a Toothache
- Author Qi Xian Hong
- Published May 24, 2020
- Word count 402
How to relieve tooth pain? So toothache can hurt a lot and I'm sure you already know that the best thing you can do is go to your dentist as soon as possible. But if they're closed or you can't get there for some reason, here are some things you can do at home to try to relieve the pain.
Clove oil acts as a numbing solution. This stuff is really good and it's an essential oil you can grab on Amazon for less than ten to fifteen bucks. The active ingredient in the oil is called Eugenol. Eugenol is a natural anaesthetic and antibacterial that can reduce inflammation in the mouth you soak up a few drops with a Q-tip or a cotton ball then gently place it on the tooth or gums at the site of pain you can also dilute it in vegetable oil if it's too strong.
You can also take over-the-counter pain relievers along with the clove oi. Ibuprofen and aspirin tend to work best because they also take care of the swelling. So take it based on the instructions on the bottle.
Warm salt water rinses are always a good thing to do and you can also add over-the-counter topical anaesthetics like benzocaine gel. This stuff is amazing for painful mouth ulcers. You can suck a lozenge and keep it near the site of pain and it's a really strong anaesthetic that will start working within a couple minutes.
An ice pack compress is always a good thing to do for toothaches as well
What about at night when the pain gets really bad? There are three things you can do:
Sleep with extra pillows elevating your head. It helps limit blood flow to the face because blood is pressure and pressure is pain.
You can also eat less that night as less food means less metabolic processes which also means less blood pumping to the face.
Lean towards colder and softer foods rather than hot and acidic foods.
I hate to be that guy but even though it hurts brushing and flossing before bed is a really good thing to do to try to reduce the amount of germs in the mouth and keep everything as clean as possible to help your body fight off any infection.
I hope you found some of these tips helpful and hope you can get out of pain soon!
Hi! I'm a dentist at B and F Dental Clinic Singapore!
Visit our website at: https://www.bnfdental.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Vestibuloplasty Procedure using Dental Diode Lasers
- Get Abortion Pill Online to Easily Terminate the Unwanted Gestation
- Which vaccinations are recommended during pregnancy?
- The minimally invasive hip replacement
- Help For Pain Behind The Knee
- End the Gestation Early with the Mtp Kit
- How To Have Twins: a Fertility Expert tells you the truth
- The coronavirus - what exactly is it?
- Management of Unerupted Lateral Incisor by LASER Assisted Surgical Exposure
- Psychiatric Nursing: All Your Questions Answered
- What face mask to use to protect against SARS-CoV-2?
- Why Outsource Your DME Billing?
- Bacterial lysates, or immunization vaccines for children
- Coronavirus: Disinfecting Your Scrubs
- A Day in the Life of a Correctional Nurse
- Considering Home Health Nursing? What You Should Know Before Applying
- Staying Healthy During Cold and Flu Season: Tips and Tricks for Nurses
- Fun Self-Care Tips for Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Natural Remedies for Spider Veins
- Crown Lengthening Procedure using Dental Diode Laser
- How Dental Procedures Work With Anesthesia
- How Watching Your Diet Can Help Your Arthritis Symptoms
- Is There a Link Between COVID-19 and Rheumatoid Arthritis?
- Orthodontic Exposure of Impacted Permanent Tooth using Soft Tissue Diode Laser
- Salt cure: Cure through Salt
- PPE 101: Top Tips For Buying PPE Gear For Your Business Online
- Treatment of Gingival Melanin Hyperpigmentation using Dental Diode Laser
- What Are The Benefits of Dental Implant Treatments?
- Organically Approved, Scientifically Approved
- Everything To Know About Xanax