What to do when you have a Toothache
- Author Qi Xian Hong
- Published May 24, 2020
- Word count 402
How to relieve tooth pain? So toothache can hurt a lot and I'm sure you already know that the best thing you can do is go to your dentist as soon as possible. But if they're closed or you can't get there for some reason, here are some things you can do at home to try to relieve the pain.
Clove oil acts as a numbing solution. This stuff is really good and it's an essential oil you can grab on Amazon for less than ten to fifteen bucks. The active ingredient in the oil is called Eugenol. Eugenol is a natural anaesthetic and antibacterial that can reduce inflammation in the mouth you soak up a few drops with a Q-tip or a cotton ball then gently place it on the tooth or gums at the site of pain you can also dilute it in vegetable oil if it's too strong.
You can also take over-the-counter pain relievers along with the clove oi. Ibuprofen and aspirin tend to work best because they also take care of the swelling. So take it based on the instructions on the bottle.
Warm salt water rinses are always a good thing to do and you can also add over-the-counter topical anaesthetics like benzocaine gel. This stuff is amazing for painful mouth ulcers. You can suck a lozenge and keep it near the site of pain and it's a really strong anaesthetic that will start working within a couple minutes.
An ice pack compress is always a good thing to do for toothaches as well
What about at night when the pain gets really bad? There are three things you can do:
Sleep with extra pillows elevating your head. It helps limit blood flow to the face because blood is pressure and pressure is pain.
You can also eat less that night as less food means less metabolic processes which also means less blood pumping to the face.
Lean towards colder and softer foods rather than hot and acidic foods.
I hate to be that guy but even though it hurts brushing and flossing before bed is a really good thing to do to try to reduce the amount of germs in the mouth and keep everything as clean as possible to help your body fight off any infection.
I hope you found some of these tips helpful and hope you can get out of pain soon!
Hi! I'm a dentist at B and F Dental Clinic Singapore!
Visit our website at: https://www.bnfdental.com/Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Excision of Mucocele Using Dental DIODE LASER
- Everything you need to know about CBD oil
- Acupuncture in London
- None of Us Are Above the Placebo Effect
- What Role Does a Hospital Chargemaster Play in Revenue Cycle Management?
- Revenue Cycle Management (RCM) Trends for 2020
- Super Vidalista
- Clinical Cannabis Is Growing Like, Well
- What Are Uses, Doses And Side Effects Of Xenical
- Save Thousands by Getting Veneers Done in Colombia
- Dissociative Identity Disorder
- Bone Regeneration: All You Need to Know
- What Is Dilaudid?
- What Is Diazepam?
- Benefits And Uses Of CBD Oil
- CBD and Fitness: A Match Made in Heaven?
- How to Incorporate CBD into Your Daily Routine
- Does the rain on the plain increase your pain?
- Arthritis Isn't for the Weak
- Infertility In the West Is Becoming An Increasing Problem
- Which is the safer consumption of pill- oral or vaginal administration?
- 5 Common Types Of Arthritis
- What is Lortab?
- How Can Cannabis Help People With Multiple Sclerosis?
- 6 Ways to Find the Best Pediatrician for Your Kids- JPCKIDS
- Eat Right to Beat Cancer with Diet
- ADHD Medications – Are You Getting The Full Story And Giving Your Child The Best Possible Treatment?
- How this New Medical Device Could Help Save a Hundred Thousand American Lives Annually
- What Is CBD?