What to do when you have a Toothache
- Author Qi Xian Hong
- Published May 24, 2020
- Word count 402
How to relieve tooth pain? So toothache can hurt a lot and I'm sure you already know that the best thing you can do is go to your dentist as soon as possible. But if they're closed or you can't get there for some reason, here are some things you can do at home to try to relieve the pain.
Clove oil acts as a numbing solution. This stuff is really good and it's an essential oil you can grab on Amazon for less than ten to fifteen bucks. The active ingredient in the oil is called Eugenol. Eugenol is a natural anaesthetic and antibacterial that can reduce inflammation in the mouth you soak up a few drops with a Q-tip or a cotton ball then gently place it on the tooth or gums at the site of pain you can also dilute it in vegetable oil if it's too strong.
You can also take over-the-counter pain relievers along with the clove oi. Ibuprofen and aspirin tend to work best because they also take care of the swelling. So take it based on the instructions on the bottle.
Warm salt water rinses are always a good thing to do and you can also add over-the-counter topical anaesthetics like benzocaine gel. This stuff is amazing for painful mouth ulcers. You can suck a lozenge and keep it near the site of pain and it's a really strong anaesthetic that will start working within a couple minutes.
An ice pack compress is always a good thing to do for toothaches as well
What about at night when the pain gets really bad? There are three things you can do:
Sleep with extra pillows elevating your head. It helps limit blood flow to the face because blood is pressure and pressure is pain.
You can also eat less that night as less food means less metabolic processes which also means less blood pumping to the face.
Lean towards colder and softer foods rather than hot and acidic foods.
I hate to be that guy but even though it hurts brushing and flossing before bed is a really good thing to do to try to reduce the amount of germs in the mouth and keep everything as clean as possible to help your body fight off any infection.
I hope you found some of these tips helpful and hope you can get out of pain soon!
There are no posted comments.
- Bio-Resonance and Children's Health
- Ibuprofen: A Quick and Effective Solution for Lower Back Pain Relief
- THE NEUROSCIENTIFIC FOUNDATIONS OF DECISION MAKING: Well-Being in Patients with Anxiety Disorder and Depression
- Urgent Primary Care: Your Lifeline in Critical Moments
- 10 Great Reasons To Try Chinese Medicine Acupuncture for Fertility
- The Vital Role of Audience Understanding in Healthcare Marketing
- Cataracts: Clouding of Vision
- How to get a medical marijuana card online in Ohio
- Why live a Holistic Lifestyle?
- IMMUNOLOGICAL FACTORS AND TESTING IN REPRODUCTIVE FAILURE (IVF trials and miscarriages)
- The Role of NK Cell Activation in unexplained Infertility, Miscarriages, and Failed In Vitro Fertilization
- Reproductive Coercion Has Impacted 50% Of Women Age 18-44, Suggests New Poll
- Panadol the ultimate pain relief
- Advancing Cardiac Care: The Role of EKG in Diagnosing Heart Conditions
- Eyelashes Strengthening After Extension Using Careprost
- Understanding the Importance of Preventative Care for Adults and Seniors.
- “Delivering a mother with footling breech baby in an ambulance
- Unleash Your Maximum Potential with Aizen Power Male Enhancement Pills
- Cardiology and Cardiovascular Surgery
- Is Modafinil really a Smart Medicine
- Take Charge of Your Health: A Guide to Preventing Diabetes
- HOME DOCTOR: PRACTICAL MEDICINE FOR EVERY HOUSEHOLD
- Buy ativan Online Overnight Delivery
- Medical Abortion Process and Controversies Around It
- The Healing Power of Large Scale Wall Decorations in Medical Institutions
- How is osteoarthritis of the big toe joint treated?
- The potential benefits of psychedelic mushrooms for mental health treatment.
- When to Step in: Signs That Aging Parents Need Help
- Do you need arch supports?
- Preoperative Screening in Surgery