5 Tips That Can Help You Undergo a Pelvic Exam Without Stress
- Author Amelia Grant
- Published June 11, 2020
- Word count 612
Most women all over the world are not fond of gynecological check-ups especially when it comes to a pelvic examination. However, such a procedure is essential if you want to be aware of the condition of your reproductive organs. In most cases, it is impossible to diagnose a medical condition without additional tests and visual examinations. You should also understand that you ney need to undergo an ultrasound or Pap-smear if the gynecologist will suspect certain diseases.
Even if you understand the importance of the gynecological check-up, you may still experience fear and embarrassment before the first pelvic exam. It is quite understandable since you should show your intimate body parts to an unknown doctor. In order to help you cope with your fear, we gathered these five tips that can help you undergo a pelvic exam without stress.
- Maintain personal hygiene
Many young women are afraid to visit a gynecologist because they think about un unpleasant vaginal odor or discharge. However, you should understand that gynecologists meet a lot of women with different issues every day. Moreover, if the smell or discharge is the problem that makes you visit the doctor, it is recommended to avoid the hygienic procedures right before the check-up.
If your pelvic exam is not devoted to the health issues, it is better to take a shower before the procedure. If there is no possibility to maintain personal hygiene in a proper way, you can use special wet wipes that are designed for intimate hygiene.
- Write a list of complaints
If you feel nervous before the gynecological visit, you can make a list of complaints you want to discuss with the doctor. This will help you avoid a stressful situation in which you can simply forget why you made an appointment with the doctor. Take a list of paper and write down all the symptoms you experience. Don’t forget to take this list to the gynecologist in order not to miss some important issues.
- Visit a gynecologist for a consultation in advance
It may be quite difficult to undress in front of an unknown person (even in front of a doctor). In this case, you can make the first appointment with the gynecologist in order to get acquainted and discuss some issues that bother you. Such a conversation will help you to feel more comfortable during the next gynecological check-up. Moreover, this consultation can help a doctor to preliminarily evaluate your condition and ask you to perform certain additional tests. Anyway, this visit will make you feel more confident and less stressed in the future.
- Ask your family about the history of the diseases
In most cases, the family history of the disease can make your gynecologist make a more precise diagnosis. The reality is that most health issues are hereditary and may have similar manifestations in relatives. Moreover, many medical conditions that affect the reproductive system may have vague symptoms that can also complicate the diagnosis. If your doctor is aware of your family’s medical history, it would be easier for him or her to find out the underlying cause of your condition.
- Be sure to talk honestly about your sex life
The topic of sexual relations can be quite embarrassing especially if it is your first visit to the gynecologist. However, you should skip seemingly insignificant details as they can actually be a cause of your condition. If you experience pain during sex or suffer from a lack of lubrication, you should inform your doctor about these problems. The reality is that many serious diseases can manifest themselves through such symptoms. That’s why it is essential to be honest with your gynecologist.
I am Amelia Grant, journalist and blogger. I think that information is a great force that can change people’s lives for the better. That is why I feel a strong intention to share useful and important things about health self-care, wellness. Regular communication with different doctors, including gynecologists from Professional Gynecological Services, helps me provide people with the latest medical news and essential information.Article source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Tips For Buying Free Standing Basketball Hoops Online
- Tips For Buying Garden Sun Loungers & Deck Chairs Online
- Why Solar Panel Installations are Good for the Environment?
- What Are The Benefits of Dental Implant Treatments?
- Getting Your Home Ready for A QUick Sale
- Everything You Need To Consider When Choosing And Hiring A Personal Injury Solicitor
- How A Good Mortgage Broker Can Make Buying A Home An Incredible Experience
- The Best Tips For Buying Your Sporting Equipment Online
- Why Working With A Local Printer Is So Good For Your Business
- What You Must Consider Before Hiring Your Next Emergency Locksmith
- Why Composite Decking Is So Popular For Outdoor Projects
- A Short Guide on How to Choose the Right Greenhouse for Your Garden
- How To Deep Clean Your Office Post Lockdown
- A List of the Top Gift Ideas For Your Favourite Farmer
- Why So Many Shoppers Love NU Clothing For Women
- Party Dress Guide - Choose The Right Dress For The Big Party
- Golfing in Ireland - Tips On How To Improve Your Score On The Golf Course
- Why Resistance Bands Are The Most Versatile Piece Of Gym Equipment For Lockdown?
- Things To Consider When You Go Work in Magaluf For The Summer
- How You Can Choose The Perfect Style Of Dress For Your Wedding
- Why Is Prince2 Software So Popular With Project Managers?
- What to Ask Before You Hire A Chicago Life Coach
- Why Have Rectangular Trampolines Become the Most Popular
- Trampoline Guide for Trampolinists in Switzerland
- A Beginners Guide to CBD & Why It Has Become So Popular
- Mens Watch Guide - Simple Tips To Buy The Best Watch Online
- Phone Cover Guide - Comparing The Most Popular Types Of Phone Cases
- Why is the African finance industry gaining so much attention?
- What Is Hyperfast Broadband And Why Is It So Popular Today
- Insurance Industry inflicts more pain on COVID affected Care Homes