To podcast or not to podcast...That is the question!
- Author Cathy Bennett
- Published July 21, 2020
- Word count 767
How do you entertain and inform your listeners these days? Podcasts are free to use and offer flexibility, which is essential for those with a busy lifestyle!
How are podcasts beneficial?
It is estimated that 165 million people have now listened to a podcast (2019 data). There is no shortage of content to choose from, and they are used in every aspect of life from training at the gym, to commuting, to doing the housework. All in all, they are an extremely attractive proposition!
Podcasts first came into being in 2004 and were initially audio files which could be downloaded on to mobile devices as a way of listening to content whilst on the move. The name ‘podcast’ is actually a combination of ‘iPod’ and ‘broadcast’. George W Bush was the first US President to broadcast his weekly address on a podcast, and now more than half of the United States has listened to one. British comedian, Ricky Gervais, set a Guinness World Record in 2007 for the most downloaded podcast with over a quarter of a million downloads of the Ricky Gervais Show during its first month.
Podcasts for advertising.
Podcasts are low cost to produce and as far fewer radio ads are broadcast, they are gaining popularity, particularly among the younger demographic. Advertisers are able to share their products using their own style on a podcast, which appears to be extremely successful. The host of the show delivering the ad on a podcast produces highly effective results and allows listeners to hear the brand message from a familiar personality that they like and trust. The podcast sounds interesting and fun whilst getting across the message the advertiser wishes to convey, allowing improvisation to relate the products to the theme of the show.
Podcasts are ideal in numerous scenarios such as sport or relaxation, for learning and for businesses to advertise their products. There are many reasons why transcribing podcasts is a great idea. Transcribed podcasts are used as text to put tasters or quotes on social media, thus making the podcast widely visible.
Putting podcast transcriptions on to search engines such as Google, Bing etc., increases user engagement. Google Podcasts makes it possible to search for episodes based on what was discussed in a show, even if the user is unaware of the name of the podcast. Using keywords or phrases will introduce the podcast creator to an audience who may never have heard of them. Maps are utilised on search engines to enable the user to find relevant sections in order to catch up and read the podcasts they have missed. Studies have shown that people often have information overload and prefer the at-a-glance opportunity which the transcription of a podcast affords them.
Transcription of podcasts increases accessibility to much larger groups of people, such as the hearing impaired, and they are easily translated into many other languages. Some people prefer to read a section of the podcast first before deciding if the podcast interests them enough to listen to it in its entirety.
Podcast transcriptions make the user experience more accessible, enabling them to choose their preferred format to obtain content, whilst some may have restricted access to internet and/or limited phone data. Also, listening to audio content is prone to distractions, making reading a better option for some.
Another benefit is that small sections of the transcript can be copied and pasted and then posted to friends and colleagues via social media, email etc., thus again, introducing the podcast to a far wider audience.
For the podcast creator, transcriptions are a good way to keep a record in order to avoid repetition and going over old ground and makes archived episodes more accessible.
Methods of podcast transcription.
Many companies offer software or AI transcription services which are popular, but as there is no actual person doing the transcription, they are rarely 100% accurate and usually need editing. A human transcriber has the ability to filter through background noise and detect accents and dialects, as well as understand context and spoken sound. In addition, automated transcription software is unable to recognise several different speakers, as is common in some podcasts. Typing transcription agencies, where the typist will accurately transcribe and proof-read, using correct grammar and punctuation, are invaluable as they provide a personal service, offer excellent value for money and a speedy turnaround of work.
In summary, working in collaboration with a typing transcription service that is trustworthy and reliable will assist in enhancing the reach of the podcast for the creator and will provide consistent, high quality and professional text content!
Cathy Bennett dedicates a significant amount of her time to writing informative articles for typists and transcription professionals.
For more informative blog articles, please visit: https://fingertipstyping.co.uk/blog/
To visit our website please visit: https://fingertipstyping.co.uk/
Copyright: Fingertips Typing Services LimitedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- Why Get Your Carpets Professionally Cleaned
- Why USD is a Safe Haven During the Crisis
- Finding the Best Fencing Contractors
- Home Safety: Priority #1 – Careful Who We Hire?
- How to Trim a Hedge Properly
- The Largest Trees in the UK
- Best Eco Tours in Goa - List of Trekking and Nature Activities
- 5 Places to Watch Weathering With You Online
- What If Everyone Participated on the Ownership Side of the US Economy?
- Nesting Birds and The Effects on Tree Work
- Skip The Drive And Buy Your Swishers Sweets Online
- Top 4 Benefits of Roof Cleaning
- Take This Crap Off Your Resume If You Want An Interview!
- Being a creative professional and a good sport
- Filming a video interview: How to be a good interviewee
- Spec Work: The setbacks and benefits
- The Keys to Smoother Credit Rolls
- What they don’t tell you about owning a creative small business.
- Year Round Lawn Care and Maintenance
- Let's End Wage Slavery in the USA
- Proactive Business Strategies to Covid-19
- Potential benefits to Hiring an Interior Designer
- What is The Best Power Scrubber to Buy in 2020?
- Mold in Melbourne are at your corner - Let's crush it with caulk
- Why caulking is important
- Health hazards caused by Mold
- New Trends for Cosmetic Packaging
- 10 Quick Tips For Unpacking in a New Home
- How to Use Cyclonis Password Manager Instead of Keychain on iPhone