To podcast or not to podcast...That is the question!
- Author Cathy Bennett
- Published July 21, 2020
- Word count 767
How do you entertain and inform your listeners these days? Podcasts are free to use and offer flexibility, which is essential for those with a busy lifestyle!
How are podcasts beneficial?
It is estimated that 165 million people have now listened to a podcast (2019 data). There is no shortage of content to choose from, and they are used in every aspect of life from training at the gym, to commuting, to doing the housework. All in all, they are an extremely attractive proposition!
Podcasts first came into being in 2004 and were initially audio files which could be downloaded on to mobile devices as a way of listening to content whilst on the move. The name ‘podcast’ is actually a combination of ‘iPod’ and ‘broadcast’. George W Bush was the first US President to broadcast his weekly address on a podcast, and now more than half of the United States has listened to one. British comedian, Ricky Gervais, set a Guinness World Record in 2007 for the most downloaded podcast with over a quarter of a million downloads of the Ricky Gervais Show during its first month.
Podcasts for advertising.
Podcasts are low cost to produce and as far fewer radio ads are broadcast, they are gaining popularity, particularly among the younger demographic. Advertisers are able to share their products using their own style on a podcast, which appears to be extremely successful. The host of the show delivering the ad on a podcast produces highly effective results and allows listeners to hear the brand message from a familiar personality that they like and trust. The podcast sounds interesting and fun whilst getting across the message the advertiser wishes to convey, allowing improvisation to relate the products to the theme of the show.
Podcasts are ideal in numerous scenarios such as sport or relaxation, for learning and for businesses to advertise their products. There are many reasons why transcribing podcasts is a great idea. Transcribed podcasts are used as text to put tasters or quotes on social media, thus making the podcast widely visible.
Putting podcast transcriptions on to search engines such as Google, Bing etc., increases user engagement. Google Podcasts makes it possible to search for episodes based on what was discussed in a show, even if the user is unaware of the name of the podcast. Using keywords or phrases will introduce the podcast creator to an audience who may never have heard of them. Maps are utilised on search engines to enable the user to find relevant sections in order to catch up and read the podcasts they have missed. Studies have shown that people often have information overload and prefer the at-a-glance opportunity which the transcription of a podcast affords them.
Transcription of podcasts increases accessibility to much larger groups of people, such as the hearing impaired, and they are easily translated into many other languages. Some people prefer to read a section of the podcast first before deciding if the podcast interests them enough to listen to it in its entirety.
Podcast transcriptions make the user experience more accessible, enabling them to choose their preferred format to obtain content, whilst some may have restricted access to internet and/or limited phone data. Also, listening to audio content is prone to distractions, making reading a better option for some.
Another benefit is that small sections of the transcript can be copied and pasted and then posted to friends and colleagues via social media, email etc., thus again, introducing the podcast to a far wider audience.
For the podcast creator, transcriptions are a good way to keep a record in order to avoid repetition and going over old ground and makes archived episodes more accessible.
Methods of podcast transcription.
Many companies offer software or AI transcription services which are popular, but as there is no actual person doing the transcription, they are rarely 100% accurate and usually need editing. A human transcriber has the ability to filter through background noise and detect accents and dialects, as well as understand context and spoken sound. In addition, automated transcription software is unable to recognise several different speakers, as is common in some podcasts. Typing transcription agencies, where the typist will accurately transcribe and proof-read, using correct grammar and punctuation, are invaluable as they provide a personal service, offer excellent value for money and a speedy turnaround of work.
In summary, working in collaboration with a typing transcription service that is trustworthy and reliable will assist in enhancing the reach of the podcast for the creator and will provide consistent, high quality and professional text content!
Cathy Bennett dedicates a significant amount of her time to writing informative articles for typists and transcription professionals.
For more informative blog articles, please visit: https://fingertipstyping.co.uk/blog/
To visit our website please visit: https://fingertipstyping.co.uk/
Copyright: Fingertips Typing Services LimitedArticle source: http://articlebiz.com
There are no posted comments.
- These cooking pots are best because they are both healthy and non-toxic
- Which Foods Increase Testosterone The Most?
- How Does Green Tea Help You Lose Weight?
- How Much Weight Can YOU Lose by Drinking Green Tea?
- When Is The Best Time To Drink Green Tea For Weight Loss?
- Climate Change Data Sets for Machine Learning
- Sentiment Analysis Tools and Services for Machine Learning
- Human Translation
- Touch-and-Go Fathering Style
- Why and when did humankind switch to metal cookware, and what have been the effects?
- Here is where to get earthenware clay cooking pots in the USA
- How to Select a Good Yoga Training
- 5 Tips to Choose the Best Lawyer in Dubai For Your Case
- How To Deal With Production Problems In China?
- How do Fat girls Avoid Inferiority and Maintain Self-confidence?
- How to evaluate your Marketing plan?
- Enjoy ultimate creative freedom with ACDSee Photo Studio Ultimate 2021
- All In One Internet Marketing Software 2020(Get +Limited time Offer)
- 5 Things I wish I have known when I started using Essential Oils
- 5 Tips For Buying A Bike Online
- How can I learn intermediate accounting?
- logo design service
- How Mobile Phone Towers Could Help Monitor Rainfall in Developing Countries
- 4 Reasons Why Young Men Prefer Mature Women
- New Platform for Online Niche Dating Service
- Post-COVID Job Hunt And Hiring Practices
- Tips to Choose the Best Skin Whitening Cream in The World
- How to Lighten Darkened Skin ?
- Very Basic Skin Care Tips for Dark Skin
- How to Lighten Skin for African American